EU referendum

Wade Garrett

God I don't know how many times people need telling . There is no single market in services.

A complete strawman - there isn't a single market in services but its far more integrated and liberalised than any other bilateral or multilateral trade agreement around the world. Chapel End Charlie's point stands: UK financial services thanks to passporting and other benefits would be much worse under the Canadian model than it would be as a member of the EU or EEA.

Edited by shurlock

So Boris who according to the leave experts was only backing Brexit because he wants to be PM , is not standing . Another thing they got wrong

And that might have well been the case until gove threw a complete curveball and decided to stand. The world's a bit more complicated than your little platitudes, isn't it pal.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/30/michael-gove-boris-johnson-tory-leadership-downing-street

So Boris who according to the leave experts was only backing Brexit because he wants to be PM , is not standing . Another thing they got wrong

He is not standing becasuse he wont get suffiecient Tory support and because he really wants to remain and evry time he opens his mouth he puts both feet in it. Another fine mess we have got ourselves in.

He is not standing becasuse he wont get suffiecient Tory support and because he really wnats to remain and very time he opens his mouth he puts both feet in it. Another fine mess we have got ourselves in.

And that might have well been the case until gove threw a complete curveball and decided to stand. The world's a bit more complicated than your little platitudes, isn't it pal.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/30/michael-gove-boris-johnson-tory-leadership-downing-street

Of course if d'Ancona says it it must be true . Blokes spot on about everything isn't he , oh apart from the referendum . The worlds a bit more complicated than guardian opinion columns pal .

Just because he is not going to be PM in September surely does not mean he did not join BREXIT to enhance his chances of being PM which he clearly did

Of course if d'Ancona says it it must be true . Blokes spot on about everything isn't he , oh apart from the referendum . The worlds a bit more complicated than guardian opinion columns pal .

He's on the right and very connected to Boris and Gove - the only reason I cited him. The consensus on all sides of the political spectrum is that once Gove split ranks and other brexiters came out in support of him, Boris realised he would not command enough support from the party. Or as an aide of Team Boris is alleged to have put it more diplomatically "Gove is a c*** who set this up from the start".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/the-stunning-ruthlessness-of-michael-gove-destroyed-david-camero/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3667482/Game-Michael-Gove-stand-Tory-leader-setting-stage-bitter-battle-Brexit-ally-Boris-Johnson-Theresa-May.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/26b55cfa-3eb5-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0.html#axzz4D4Uwbxid

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-sensationally-rules-out-conservative-party-leadership-bid-a3284881.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36674729

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-30/boris-johnson-says-he-won-t-run-for-u-k-tory-leadership

But hey Gove's actions were irrelevant because Boris never ever had any designs on the conservative leadership :lol:

Edited by shurlock

He's on the right and very connected to Boris and Gove - the only reason I cited him. The consensus on all sides of the political spectrum is that once Gove split ranks and other brexiters came out in support of him, Boris realised he would not command enough support from the party. Or as an aide of Team Boris is alleged to have put it more diplomatically "Gove is a c*** who set this up from the start".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/the-stunning-ruthlessness-of-michael-gove-destroyed-david-camero/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3667482/Game-Michael-Gove-stand-Tory-leader-setting-stage-bitter-battle-Brexit-ally-Boris-Johnson-Theresa-May.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/26b55cfa-3eb5-11e6-8716-a4a71e8140b0.html#axzz4D4Uwbxid

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-sensationally-rules-out-conservative-party-leadership-bid-a3284881.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36674729

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-30/boris-johnson-says-he-won-t-run-for-u-k-tory-leadership

But hey Gove's actions were irrelevant because Boris never ever had any designs on the conservative leadership :lol:

But Gove has said on more than one occasion that he didn't want the job and "If anyone wants to get me to sign a piece of parchment in my own blood saying that I don't want to be Prime Minister, if that's what it takes, then I'm perfectly happy to do that."

Surely he wouldn't lie, would he?

an aide of Team Boris is alleged to have put it more diplomatically "Gove is a c*** who set this up from the start".

But Gove has said on more than one occasion that he didn't want the job and "If anyone wants to get me to sign a piece of parchment in my own blood saying that I don't want to be Prime Minister, if that's what it takes, then I'm perfectly happy to do that."

Laura Kuessenberg on the BBC suggesting Cameron and Osborne are behind this to torpedo Boris. Cameron still wields a huge degree of influence. I wonder what his final game plan is?

We should have taken him up on his offer. 11 pints would have done it.

Maybe we should get him to write it in giant letters on a bus and stand next to it.

So briefings are indicating that Gove has only thrown his hat in the ring to stop Boris. The Tory infighting and backstabbing got us into this mess and now Brexiters will be saddled with more Tory treachery and these are the people that will lead us into the unknown. As Duckhunter said, shame leave won. If WW1 was lions led by donkeys, Brexit is baboons led by snakes.

So briefings are indicating that Gove has only thrown his hat in the ring to stop Boris. The Tory infighting and backstabbing got us into this mess and now Brexiters will be saddled with more Tory treachery and these are the people that will lead us into the unknown. As Duckhunter said, shame leave won. If WW1 was lions led by donkeys, Brexit is baboons led by snakes.

what mess?

are you suggesting we should not have been allowed to vote?

oh, now we are all stock market experts. FTSE100 hits a 10 month high

Edited by Batman

what mess?

There's a lot more to it than that. The FTSE250 and the pound are not doing too well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/27/why-we-should-be-looking-at-the-ftse-250-and-not-the-ftse-100-to/

Behave yourself.

Boris completely ballsed up his chances of being PM because the Brexit campaign went completely against his actual plan. He won.

He's been in tailspin ever since his face-of-death routine "celebrating" his "victory" last Friday morning.

He probably should have run with that "I'm backing Remain" article that he wrote but never published back in the Spring. Oh well.

what mess?

A few things to bear in mind, pal.

1. The FTSE 100 has been lifted by stimulus hopes - that the BoE will ease monetary policy because it expects the economy to deteriorate.

2. FTSE 100 companies do most of their business overseas and earn dollars that have been getting a massive bump when they are sent back to the UK thanks to the historic weakness in sterling.

3. The big winners on the FTSE have been miners linked to gold and other precious metals, safe haven assets, as they are a play on market uncertainty and fears of inflation.

4. The FTSE 250 -a better thermometer of Britain’s corporate health- is still down around 8% since Brexit.

5. This isn't a game warranting snap judgments, though the need for instant gratification among the leave crowd doesn't surprise me. Effects will be felt only slowly but that won't make them any less real or disruptive.

Edited by shurlock

what mess?

Yes, and my ****ing Lloyd's shares are on the floor since the vote so thanks for that too.

A few things to bear in mind, pal.

1. The FTSE 100 has been lifted by stimulus hopes - that the BoE will ease monetary policy because it expects the economy to deteriorate.

2. FTSE 100 companies do most of their business overseas and earn dollars that have been getting a massive bump when they are sent back to the UK thanks to the historic weakness in sterling.

3. The big winners on the FTSE have been miners linked to gold and other precious metals, safe haven assets, as they are a play on market uncertainty and fears of inflation.

4. The FTSE 250 -a better thermometer of Britain’s corporate health- is still down around 8% since Brexit.

5. This isn't a game warranting snap judgments, though the need for instant gratification among the leave crowd doesn't surprise me. Effects will be felt only slowly but that won't make them any less real or disruptive.

That's not fair and far to complicated for some to understand, what Batman really wants to know is when will we stop immigration and how does the FTSE thingy stop a European army, simples!

Yes, and my ****ing Lloyd's shares are on the floor since the vote so thanks for that too.

My wife has RBS and is not happy. The annoyance no thing is that Britain had started to work its way back to growth and stability but that's all gone down the pan for the next decade.

Well I'm off to Gibralter in the morning and looking forward to partying with our Gibratarian citizens who got the rereferndum right.

You're taking the majority will of the people very well, if I may say.

Well I'm off to Gibralter in the morning and looking forward to partying with our Gibratarian citizens who got the rereferndum right.

funny how Gibbos are not very keen on brits at all. Bar the care and protection the flag offers

I see that the Austrian presedential election has been voided by their courts on suspicion of some sort of mishandling of postal votes then. Just a symbolic post I believe but must be the first fairly major european election to be cancelled for some sort of electoral misadventure.

Are you quoting this as something you approve of?

I just ask because of this part of his rant:

Well, you spoilt little sh**s, listen up. We voted to get out of the very dodgy EU because we actually do care about you, God knows why, we see your future as more than a slave in the New World Order, as envisaged by M Rothchild many years ago (google it!!).

So he's just a Jew-hating scumbag. Are you?

I haven't found anything that suggests that Saxon is an anti-semite, unless the reference to Rothchild qualifies by some bizarre leap of imagination. What we have here is the ad hominem refusal by the usual suspects to argue the content of the piece. These protests by the yoof would have carried much more weight had more than a mere third of them bothered to vote, and of course within that third, a proportion had voted to leave.

I haven't found anything that suggests that Saxon is an anti-semite, unless the reference to Rothchild qualifies by some bizarre leap of imagination. What we have here is the ad hominem refusal by the usual suspects to argue the content of the piece. These protests by the yoof would have carried much more weight had more than a mere third of them bothered to vote, and of course within that third, a proportion had voted to leave.

Except this is drivel. It's not young layabout students versus the rest. Just a pathetic stereotype.

The remain position was supported by a large majority of people under 45. Normal, working people. But call them "yoof" if you like. I'm flattered.

It was the old, and more than likely non-working that swung it.

But then you're just a usual suspect refusing to argue the content of the piece.

Edited by CB Fry

I haven't found anything that suggests that Saxon is an anti-semite, unless the reference to Rothchild qualifies by some bizarre leap of imagination.

I can't work out from this whether you agree with the Jew-hating scumbag or are too dim to see the usual tropes. Take Saxon's advice and google "New World Order + Rothschild". (It helps if both you and the Jew-hater spell the name correctly.)

First up is Wiki, which should offer you some clues. (I take it you know what the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" actually means. If not, read Main Kampf.):

Responsible for feeding many antisemitic and anti-Masonic mass hysterias of the 20th century, The Protocols has been influential in the development of some conspiracy theories, including some New World Order theories, and appears repeatedly in certain contemporary conspiracy literature.

And if you're in any doubt that Saxon links Jews with New World Order conspiracy theories (which he does explicitly), there's then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HVzMpx5mnw

Now try arguing that the anti-Semitic linking of Rothschild and the NWO conspiracy theory is "just a bizarre leap of the imagination".

I can't work out from this whether you agree with the Jew-hating scumbag or are too dim to see the usual tropes. Take Saxon's advice and google "New World Order + Rothschild". (It helps if both you and the Jew-hater spell the name correctly.)

First up is Wiki, which should offer you some clues. (I take it you know what the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" actually means. If not, read Main Kampf.):

And if you're in any doubt that Saxon links Jews with New World Order conspiracy theories (which he does explicitly), there's then this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HVzMpx5mnw

Now try arguing that the anti-Semitic linking of Rothschild and the NWO conspiracy theory is "just a bizarre leap of the imagination".

Does John E Saxon's reference to Rothschild's NWO make him an anti-semite? As far as I can see, he links a Jew with the NWO, not the whole race. I have mentioned the conspiracy theory that the Remain campaign of propaganda about the economy was orchestrated by Bilderberg, also linked to NWO order, so I must also be an anti-semite too, but I'm not. Show me some real evidence that he is an anti-semite and I'll gladly withdraw, but I couldn't find anything. You have suggested that I read Mein Kampf. Does that make you a Nazi sympathiser? :lol:

Okay let's try to untangle this bird's nest of pernicious illogic.

Does John E Saxon's reference to Rothschild's NWO make him an anti-semite? As far as I can see, he links a Jew with the NWO, not the whole race.

There is no 'New World Order'. Rothchild has no connection with that which does not exist. He is though a Jew with power and influence and the 'New World Order' conspiracy theory resolves with controlling Jews. This was the point that Saxon was making. So, plainly, to all but Jew haters and people who are really quite stupid, Saxon is a Jew hater.

I have mentioned the conspiracy theory that the Remain campaign of propaganda about the economy was orchestrated by Bilderberg, also linked to NWO order, so I must also be an anti-semite too.

It's entirely possible; you demonstrate the kind of ideation that would make you susceptible to conspiracy theories which resolve with Jews being the common enemy. A Bilderberg meeting "orchestrating" the "Remain campaign of propaganda" is exactly the kind of conspiracist thinking that leads to finger-pointing at you-know-who.

But I'm not.

If you say so.

Show me some real evidence that he is an anti-semite and I'll gladly withdraw.

Already done so. So withdraw.

But I couldn't find anything.

Given the above, I do not find this at all surprising.

You have suggested that I read Mein Kampf.

You seem to have little to no understanding of antisemitic tropes. Mein Kampf would be quite an eye opener for someone like you.

Does that make you a Nazi sympathiser?

Are you serious? Are you actually saying that it's impossible to read Mien Kampf without being seduced by its poisonous ideas? Or is that a fear you have...?

:lol:

Some friendly advice: grow up.

I don't accept that Saxon's mention of the Rothschild's NWO conspiracy proves that he is an anti-semite. Presumably you can't find anything else. Now, you might like to believe that you have joined up the dots to prove your case, but as you demonstrated when you predicted that Corbyn would never lead the Labour Party, your thought processes are not infallible.

I think that you must be developing a bad case of Neil Allenitis which prevents you from answering my points taken all together, so you have to do it a few words at a time.

I'm sorry, but I won't be taking any advice from you, as you are not a friend, pal.

I don't accept that Saxon's mention of the Rothschild's NWO conspiracy proves that he is an anti-semite. Presumably you can't find anything else. Now, you might like to believe that you have joined up the dots to prove your case, but as you demonstrated when you predicted that Corbyn would never lead the Labour Party, your thought processes are not infallible.

I think that you must be developing a bad case of Neil Allenitis which prevents you from answering my points taken all together, so you have to do it a few words at a time.

I'm sorry, but I won't be taking any advice from you, as you are not a friend, pal.

Les, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: you're a thick c**t with plenty of form.

The New World Order is make-believe pal: it's no more real than the tooth fairy, Santa Claus or pineapples on the moon; yet it's the swivel-eyed idée fixe of antisemites the world over who see jews, as symbolised by the Rothschilds as controlling international finance, media and politics -under whom -in Saxon's unapologetic words - we're all 'slaves'.

Rather than distancing yourself from this malevolent bunkum, you oddly appear to be defending it.

Edited by shurlock

Les, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: you're a thick c**t with plenty of form.

The New World Order is make-believe pal: it's no more real than the tooth fairy, Santa Claus or pineapples on the moon; yet it's the swivel-eyed idée fixe of antisemites the world over who see jews, as symbolised by the Rothschilds as controlling international finance, media and politics -under whom -in Saxon's unapologetic words - we're all 'slaves'.

Rather than distancing yourself from this malevolent bunkum, you oddly appear to be defending it.

You make a great point in your post, but let yourself down by preceeding it with petty name calling. "Thick c**t" would normally be the reserve of someone who has lost the argument...

Also out of interest, where did you get this "pal" thing from? It seems to be a recent addition to your posting. If my memory serves me correctly, I never remember Einstein using such terms of endearment. That aside, just a bit of a friendly observation... it is making you sound like a bit of a knob

Edited by Johnny Bognor