..and so who are you gonna drop ?

david in sweden

I didn't bother to comment on the Liverpool fiasco game, and don't disagree with the comments that many of you have posted on here....

but ...with less than 48 hours to a home game against the bottom of the league side ...the biggest question is ;

....WHO are you gonna drop for Saturday's game? ...and WHO do you replace them with? Should we keep the same formation ..or ?

4 weeks ago, the team virtually picked itself, since when we've had the odd injury, and a suspension....so what should the team sheet look like on Saturday?...

In all honesty, i'd stick Romeu in for Wanyama as well. Sick of his attitude this season.

Possibly give JWP a go there as well, see how he fares given another chance playing deeper.

Also - i'm not saying i'd make the switch - but Long must feel like he deserves another chance up top ahead of Pelle.

In all honesty, i'd stick Romeu in for Wanyama as well. Sick of his attitude this season.

Possibly give JWP a go there as well, see how he fares given another chance playing deeper.

Also - i'm not saying i'd make the switch - but Long must feel like he deserves another chance up top ahead of Pelle.

Agreed with both of those, particularly dropping Wanyama

Same team but Fonte in for Caulker. Simple as that isn't it?

Agree. Its our best lineup, assuming Clasie may actually get better with games. Having said that, he has already played his 60mins this week so probably won't make the starting lineup.

Probably the best indication that whilst you can boost numbers it doesnt actually add competition. Nobody on the bench is really pushing for a starting place.

The likes of Long and JWP aren't better or more likely to help us beat Villa than anyone who played on Wednesday.

So Vic doesn't care anymore after getting hacked down for what was at least yellow, he got into the box for a header….FGS lay off him; Likewise Caulker, chucking him in with no real game time is not fair to judge him. I stayed to the end as always because I put my money and my mouth where it matters, not by cheap sniping behind a forum mask.

So Vic doesn't care anymore after getting hacked down for what was at least yellow, he got into the box for a header….FGS lay off him; Likewise Caulker, chucking him in with no real game time is not fair to judge him. I stayed to the end as always because I put my money and my mouth where it matters, not by cheap sniping behind a forum mask.

I stayed to the end as well, whoop dee doo.

Personally i think there's still a chance for Caulker but it isn't this game.

As for Wanyama, there has been more than one occasion this season he has simply given up. Inexcusable.

If fit Fonte has to play, he's the leader of the team, which therefore means that Caulker has to make way, as it can't be VvD. Other than that I'd play the same team, it is theoretically our strongest line up, and use a video of last night's game as the team talk.

Same team as last night, hopefully with Fonte instead of Caulker. Would like to see Mane in close to Pelle rather than wide, he is much more effective in the middle. Only other possibility that makes some sense is Romeu for Clasie, given that Ronald has said we are going to go back to making sure we have good organisation at the back. We don't have may serious options, in terms of players in-form that we can bring in, unless Ronald is prepared to drop Pelle and play Long up front, which I doubt will happen.

Last night's team, bar Fonte. is (slightly worryingly) our strongest line up If I was Koeman I'd send them out again and tell them to prove themselves after the last few games. We really haven't played a settled 11 a lot yet this season due to injuries, suspensions and Koeman tinkering lets just get the best 11 on the pitch and get them playing for the shirt.

Let Reed off the leash instead of Clasie (doubtful as RK is his bestest mate) better still JWP he is the kind of tenacious terrier like pain in the backside we need getting on the oppos nerves, change Tadic who is increasingly becoming an upgraded Fabrice "Crop Circles" Fernandes with Long, who can also be a niggly pain in the backside chasing stuff down. If Jose is still missing bin off Caulker and play Yoshida in his preferred natural position.

if Cedric is not up to scratch give Bevis whatshisface a run he looks like the kind of nipper who would relish the chance.

Let Reed off the leash instead of Clasie (doubtful as RK is his bestest mate) better still JWP he is the kind of tenacious terrier like pain in the backside we need getting on the oppos nerves, change Tadic who is increasingly becoming an upgraded Fabrice "Crop Circles" Fernandes with Long, who can also be a niggly pain in the backside chasing stuff down. If Jose is still missing bin off Caulker and play Yoshida in his preferred natural position.

if Cedric is not up to scratch give Bevis whatshisface a run he looks like the kind of nipper who would relish the chance.

Agree with most of this except think we need to persist with Cedric.

Cue derision, but JWP should start ahead of Clasie. He may not play the occasional great pass but does far more than some on here give him credit for - tackles, winning the ball, breaking up attacks, linking our play.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Cue derision, but JWP should start ahead of Clasie. He may not play the occasional great pass but does far more than some on here give him credit for - tackles, winning the ball, breaking up attacks, linking our play.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I really do think some people see something that doesn't actually happen with Prowse. He doesn't tackle, he doesn't break up attacks and he gives the ball away a lot.

http://www.squawka.com/players/james-ward-prowse/stats#avg.-duels-won#southampton-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2015/2016#165#all-matches#1-14#type

He has made one tackle all season. 75% (27) of his defensive actions is to clear the ball. He has made 7 interceptions.

To put that into perspective Pelle has 5 interceptions. That great defensive player Tadic has 10. He even has 12 tackles!

I think some on here really do want Prowse to become this Saints legend but his performances are below average. He has the same opta score as Yoshida and look how slated he get's.

I really do think some people see something that doesn't actually happen with Prowse. He doesn't tackle, he doesn't break up attacks and he gives the ball away a lot.

http://www.squawka.com/players/james-ward-prowse/stats#avg.-duels-won#southampton-(current)#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2015/2016#165#all-matches#1-14#type

He has made one tackle all season. 75% (27) of his defensive actions is to clear the ball. He has made 7 interceptions.

To put that into perspective Pelle has 5 interceptions. That great defensive player Tadic has 10. He even has 12 tackles!

I think some on here really do want Prowse to become this Saints legend but his performances are below average. He has the same opta score as Yoshida and look how slated he get's.

To be fair to Yoshida he gets slated because he makes poor mistakes that lead to goals.

Last night's team, bar Fonte. is (slightly worryingly) our strongest line up If I was Koeman I'd send them out again and tell them to prove themselves after the last few games. We really haven't played a settled 11 a lot yet this season due to injuries, suspensions and Koeman tinkering lets just get the best 11 on the pitch and get them playing for the shirt.

Exactly. If Fonte isn't fit I might start with Yoshida instead of Caulker but would tell them to go out and show what they are worth.

Take Tadic out, who was our best player versus Liverpool and probably City and instead play Long who apart from running is pretty ****.

Glad you aren't the gaffer!

My word, those JWP stats are appalling. Damning even! I'm not a great fan of him but I didn't realise he was as poor as that. I guess "chances created" he's doing ok, although he plays in 'that position' that would be creating them, and lags a way behind both Tadic and Steven Davis. All the other categories he's abysmal!

100% agree, Wanyama is going through the motions.

Take Tadic out, who was our best player versus Liverpool and probably City and instead play Long who apart from running is pretty ****.

Glad you aren't the gaffer!

Me too the grief I would get on here.............. I would be a gibbering fool within weeks ;)

Fair comment, however quoted games were 2 where we had our pants pulled down (the latter royally so) but corners more often than not lofted to the oppos goalkeeper, I would get naff odds down the bookies if I asked for odds on him hitting a Saints player down the odds would be bloody grim. Stoke game he was on his toes on a break away, if he had spent less time looking over his shoulder behind him to see where the players were chasing him down and just concentrated on just doing his job (watch the half time relay with the nippers, one is out in front and keeps looking over his shoulder he always gets reeled in) it would have been just him and Butland.

The guy has talent to burn, of that there is no doubt, it just need concentrating instead of looking for the foul then chasing the ref round waving the imaginary card. Sometimes a constantly moving blunt instrument is just as effective.

I'd like to see a Romeu/Claise pairing at DM.

Think this would provide more bite and better passing than big Vic.

On what evidence are you promoting Clasie ? He has been really nothing better than anyone we already had? He was really very very poor even by his standards on Weds....

Reed is a better player but niether are premier league standard....

Koeman really is the one who needs to up his game...

My word, those JWP stats are appalling. Damning even! I'm not a great fan of him but I didn't realise he was as poor as that. I guess "chances created" he's doing ok, although he plays in 'that position' that would be creating them, and lags a way behind both Tadic and Steven Davis. All the other categories he's abysmal!

Step changes are needed..... More fitness, more energy, more penetration, more committment.. We are ponderous and lazy.... This is the fault of management who now need to step up because the coaching is obviously pretty average at the moment....

No sorry not average poor...

Unfit, demotivated, badly coached and I'll disciplined. Team selection hadn't been up to much either .... Tactics dreadful - rank dreadful! Top teams give 100% for 90mins we don't...

Top teams close down - we don't! Top teams tackle - we don't, top teams engage the opposition, we don't !!!

Comes down to coaching .......

I stayed to the end as well, whoop dee doo.

Personally i think there's still a chance for Caulker but it isn't this game.

As for Wanyama, there has been more than one occasion this season he has simply given up. Inexcusable.

I have to say, having watched the goals back from the first half, that the Sturridge goal with Can's outside of the boot pass would have been avoided if Clasie hadn't been done by Can's heel chop but more importantly that Wanyama hadn't ambled back, not even tracking his man, for a good 10 seconds after the ball broke from Van Dijk's header near the half way line, and in doing so left 20 yards of space in midfield for Can to run into before he made the pass.

I'd go with Clasie and Romeu, only because Romeu might want to prove he should start more often, and Villa are bad enough that we don't need 2 DMs against them, and we could always bring Wanyama on if we get a couple up and need to lock the game down. We should roll over Villa even with Caulker in for Fonte and a couple of them need some game time.

On what evidence are you promoting Clasie ? He has been really nothing better than anyone we already had? He was really very very poor even by his standards on Weds....

Reed is a better player but niether are premier league standard....

Koeman really is the one who needs to up his game...

He set up a couple of decent chances when we were on top, and he was still trying to close people down along with Davis when others weren't quite so keen. Reed is also definitely NOT a better player at the moment.