Arsenal Build Up

Toomer

I want to see Clasie and JWP on the right in a 4411. If you're playing Pelle get as many crosses in as possible. JWP is slow yes, but doesn't need to get to the byline to deliver, and Cedric's pace would help him, plus JWP would help defensively more than Mane. Bertrand and Tadic can do the same on the left. Mane as the number of 10, suddenly pace and direct running centrally. Just leave the 2 central midfielders to sort out, which is probably Wanyama and Clasie.

Oh for a balanced team.

I've seen no evidence of jwp being good defensively. For me he's a poor player who should be in a lower league.

I want to see Clasie and JWP on the right in a 4411. If you're playing Pelle get as many crosses in as possible. JWP is slow yes, but doesn't need to get to the byline to deliver, and Cedric's pace would help him, plus JWP would help defensively more than Mane. Bertrand and Tadic can do the same on the left. Mane as the number of 10, suddenly pace and direct running centrally. Just leave the 2 central midfielders to sort out, which is probably Wanyama and Clasie.

Oh for a balanced team.

If the teamsheets I've seen are true, we will see Walcott up against JWP and Cedric. We will be ripped a new one down their left in this case. I would rather see Davis in front of Cedric or even dare I say it, Ramirez.

If the teamsheets I've seen are true, we will see Walcott up against JWP and Cedric. We will be ripped a new one down their left in this case. I would rather see Davis in front of Cedric or even dare I say it, Ramirez.

Davis, all he does is slow play down and turn round and pass back would be a disaster up against Walcott as he would constantly put Cedric in trouble..

Not much to choose between JWP and Davis for except one is 20 and has time to learn and improve.

Davis, all he does is slow play down and turn round and pass back would be a disaster up against Walcott as he would constantly put Cedric in trouble..

Not much to choose between JWP and Davis for except one is 20 and has time to learn and improve.

Davis is by far the better player. What do people think JWP is going to do

all game apart from run alongside an opponent.

Davis is by far the better player. What do people think JWP is going to do

all game apart from run alongside an opponent.

Different opinions are what football is all about, for me Spurs game summed up Davis, had the ball near their 18 yard box and turned and tried to play the ball back, gave it straight to their man and they broke and scored. It always seems to be hid first move turn towards his own goal and slowing things down then the oppo have 10 men behind the ball. Just don't see what he adds offensively.

Davis and JWP are so good that no Premier League club has ever made a bid for either. Davis mostly as a forward 8 goals in 137 games, JWP 1 penalty from a shed load of free kicks and nothing from play in four seasons in the PL. Both of them do nothing for us except to neuter most of our forward movements by passing backwards.

Davis and JWP are so good that no Premier League club has ever made a bid for either. Davis mostly as a forward 8 goals in 137 games, JWP 1 penalty from a shed load of free kicks and nothing from play in four seasons in the PL. Both of them do nothing for us except to neuter most of our forward movements by passing backwards.

Very harsh comment. They are both good players for us, not without their weaknesses of course, but they aren't that bad.

If our form wasn't so poor these sort of comments wouldn't be on here.

Very harsh comment. They are both good players for us, not without their weaknesses of course, but they aren't that bad.

If our form wasn't so poor these sort of comments wouldn't be on here.

Yes they are. I've never rated either of them except as squad fillers. If we are going to be serious about being a top six side we have to have goal scoring forwards and midfielders. Only Mane and Pelle are anything like goal scoring players plus our 12 shots on target and 3 goals in the last five home games is awful.

Yes they are. I've never rated either of them except as squad fillers. If we are going to be serious about being a top six side we have to have goal scoring forwards and midfielders. Only Mane and Pelle are anything like goal scoring players plus our 12 shots on target and 3 goals in the last five home games is awful.

You didn't rate Schneiderlin so forgive us if we take your views with a pinch of salt.

You didn't rate Schneiderlin so forgive us if we take your views with a pinch of salt.

Morgan didn't play that many games that jwp has had and offer absolutely nothing. I'm sorry but how many games does someone have to offer nothing for him to be cast not good enough?

Edited by Roger

Steven Davis has been a decent player for us and comments like this are completely out of order. Pretty disgusting actually.

wow think you need to get out more!

It was just an opinion that there is not much to chose between them and i would rather give J W P the chance to progress as i dont think you can play both.

I never boo or criticize at the game but surely am allowed an opinion on a forum.

Jack Stephens is back. In line for a start tonight or at West Ham?

I may be wrong but I don't think he is eligible until January (needs to have his player registration transferred once the window opens). Played in 3 Capital Cup games for Boro (including a very good performance against Man U) and 1 sub appearance in the League. Criminal that he was allowed to go on loan there and not be used. Can't see why Koeman would suddenly promote him into the first team, he rarely plays young Academy players this season, but at least he is now training with the first team squad.

Davis and JWP are so good that no Premier League club has ever made a bid for either.

Davis mostly as a forward 8 goals in 137 games, JWP 1 penalty from a shed load of free kicks and nothing from play in four seasons in the PL.

Both of them do nothing for us except to neuter most of our forward movements by passing backwards.

A lot of us must be disappointed in JWP's attempts, but not every free kick he takes is a shot on goal......he delivers well into the box, but there's no-one there to attack the ball and many goalies seem just take it with ease.

Aside from the other complaints, I always felt that criticism of Rory Delap's long throws (not leading to goals) was more than a bit unfair.

After he moved to Stoke, it became a fearful mode of attack and he had players who met the ball when it came in and their strikers who scored from quite a few efforts.

Hi guys - sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my son and I are coming up tonight for our first visit of the season. Can anyone give us a heads up for a good place to park fairly close to the ground please? Thanks

The church at St Mary's is relatively cheap (a five I think) and about as close as you can get?

One of the two will feature Yoshida or Martina at RB and most likely as Cedric won't manage two games in as many days.

Why? Cedric is perfectly capable of playing 2 in 45 hours with or without head bandage. Koeman might inexplicably drop him of course.

I think Clasie will start today, more suited to the Arsenal game. May not start against Wet Sham.

Why? Cedric is perfectly capable of playing 2 in 45 hours with or without head bandage. Koeman might inexplicably drop him of course.

I think Clasie will start today, more suited to the Arsenal game. May not start against Wet Sham.

He never does though. Didnt feature a lot in the European games.

Will be amazed if he starts both.

Targett could come in for Bertrand in one of them perhaps.

This 745 kick off is a ****ing disgrace. Completely screwed Boxing Day.

100% agree fortunately I have an understanding family we have moved our Boxing day arrangements to tomorrow. I am going to wear the away shirt to a home game the last time I did that we won but I think tonight is more out of hope than expectation.

Hi guys - sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my son and I are coming up tonight for our first visit of the season. Can anyone give us a heads up for a good place to park fairly close to the ground please? Thanks

Town Quay (£4 -£5), Pint in the Platform, Bus to and from the ground. (Wish I was going but too far for this KO time)

There's one thing JWP can do that Davis never will with decent game time.

Improve.

Really? Statistically JWP is one of our worst players where as Davis is one of the best.

For someone who has 100+ pl games under his belt and 850 mins this season of game time you must be sewing something I honestly can't see.