Arsenal Build Up

Toomer

Absolutely disgusted with tonights line-up.

What the hell is Wanyama doing there again and why is Gazza dropped.

Just how can Koeman blabber on about changing things and getting tough and aggressive and name the side he has. Martina is the aggressive option Can see us down to 10 men before half time

Just don't understand Koeman at all. Martina isn't deemed good enough for a single minute on the pitch so far this season and then all of a sudden he's starting against one of the most dangerous attacking teams in the league. Complete joke. No wonder we are so out of form, he changes the team every single week.

Koeman could be on borrowed time after tonight if this goes wrong. Martina shouldn't be a starter for any premier league side ever. Seager surely could be given a run up top instead of 12 million misfit Shane Long. Wanyama has been playing awful for weeks. I am genuinely worried about the team after this.

SAINTS: Stekelenburg; Martina, Fonte, Van Dijk, Bertrand; Clasie, Wanyama, S. Davis; Ward-Prowse, Long, Mané.

Thankfully, we have a far stronger squad this season

#squaddepth

I'm lost as to where you are going with this. Saints now have more numbers than last season in terms of senior players.

van Dijk replaced Alderweireld

Cedric replaced Clyne

Clasie replaced Scheniderlin

On top of that Saints have extra numbers in the squad in the form of Stekenlenburg, Romeu, Ramirez, Juanmi, Rodriguez, Martina, Caulker.

Clasie and Cedric still have a lot to prove, but van Dijk has been impressive and the squad has more senior numbers than last season. So I don't see how anyone can justify in terms of depth the squad isn't better than last season. Starting XI quality may be down, but depth is an improvement despite the sticky patch we are going through which fickle fans jump on.

Hopefully we do play 442- and just attack. However that might play into Arsenals hands- with Wenger even saying that possession doesn't win you games and hes changed to a more counter attacking football.

So actually- maybe a 4231 with vic and clasie holding, mane in the no. 10, and davis/jwp as inside forwards rather than out and out wingers and obviously long up front.

As for Martina- i'll reserve judgement till the end. This is his chance to shine.

What another awful lineup from koeman. Becoming convinced he has lost the plot. Terrible side and likely to get tonked. Not sure why NONE of our younger players get a place on the bench when the waste of space that s Faulkner does. Also Gaza did nothing wrong and gets dropped.

Hopeless in so many ways

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If he picks Yoshida we moan that our best option there when Cedric is out, is ****e. Quite rightly.

If he picks Martina we can pick a moan between WTF is he doing picking a twente reserve joke of a footballer in a premier league match when Yoshida is available. Why didn't we sign anyone else and why isn't Stephens there.

What else can the manager do? Play Tadic? Play Ramirez? Give any youngsters a chance? Stick with a proper system rather than an utter mess of a non formation? Not keep rewarding the same old players for sub standard performance?

Well said Sir.

Well I'm going to see how it goes, I don't really expect to get anything from this match so I'll not be overly disappointed in any case, unless of course we're just absolutely abysmal. Most have written the game off anyway and sometimes we get a pleasant surprise when we've done that. Like Everton last year, mind you Arsenal...well it's not Everton is it.

Remember when we player Gallagher and Chambers against Arsenal when neither had any experience, got a 2-2 draw and should have got more. Why are we so reluctant to take risks and give chances to youngsters now? They wouldn't be replacing anyone in form.

This just looks like another **** easy away win unless Arsenal miss any chances.

Feel sorry for Gazza, he'd done well. Stek has a lot of fans for someone who doesn't make saves.

I know it is the right thing to do in backing the manager. He is a decent one

More so as it is a post Cortese and he isnt MP, which gives him a few credits

But for me, Koeman as performed pretty poorly this season. Complete contrast from last

It seems the done thing on here to dismiss the younger players in saying they are not good enough rather than saying they should be given a chance when we are thin on the ground

it is pretty sad that they seem to have zero chance this season, more so when it WAS the whole selling point about our club from most of the others. Last season (and before), people from the club couldnt get to the press quick enough to tell people we always give younger players a chance

I'm lost as to where you are going with this. Saints now have more numbers than last season in terms of senior players.

van Dijk replaced Alderweireld

Cedric replaced Clyne

Clasie replaced Scheniderlin

On top of that Saints have extra numbers in the squad in the form of Stekenlenburg, Romeu, Ramirez, Juanmi, Rodriguez, Martina, Caulker.

Clasie and Cedric still have a lot to prove, but van Dijk has been impressive and the squad has more senior numbers than last season. So I don't see how anyone can justify in terms of depth the squad isn't better than last season. Starting XI quality may be down, but depth is an improvement despite the sticky patch we are going through which fickle fans jump on.

how ever you spin it (which is ALWAYS what the club is currently doing)

the squad looks no stronger at all this season

If he picks Yoshida we moan that our best option there when Cedric is out, is ****e. Quite rightly.

If he picks Martina we can pick a moan between WTF is he doing picking a twente reserve joke of a footballer in a premier league match when Yoshida is available. Why didn't we sign anyone else and why isn't Stephens there.

What else can the manager do? Play Tadic? Play Ramirez? Give any youngsters a chance? Stick with a proper system rather than an utter mess of a non formation? Not keep rewarding the same old players for sub standard performance?

Play Ramires ! The player that's been a non playing gravy train for the last 4 years ...no thanks! What young players are good enough to start? Don't think there is any to be honest! Tadic plays ...what about west ham and Norwich ? Martina was a cheap option and we can infight all we want but the bottom line is we have brought in cheap cheap cheap !!!!!!!!!!