Arsenal Build Up

Toomer

Seriously, there needs to be a shake up in the team...Koeman needs to change things to make a difference...hoping it will change will see us relegated.

Totally agree !. We have skilled great players, but their heads are down and they're stuck in a rut, I doubt that giving predictable positive pep talks at them will make bugger all difference.

What's needed is to throw in a few hungry young players from the fringes who are desperate to join the big boys, stir things up as quiet often this rubs off on others around them, I'm stumped though as to who we have who's good enough for this ?. I'd rather lose two or three games with some keen young lads in the squad than just blindly blunder along like we've done for the past few games...

I take it you've not been watching the games live? Seriously, there needs to be a shake up in the team...Koeman needs to change things to make a difference...hoping it will change will see us relegated. That's not overreacting.

Yes it is. Any team can go on a bad run and overreact by acting like that poor form is going to continue for the rest of the season. Think of the myriad ways it could be worse - instead of being 12th, we could be in any of the eight positions below that. Instead of drawing to Aston Villa or beating Sunderland, we could have lost. Instead of starting brightly against Spurs and losing our heads when we conceded, we could have been outplayed for 90 minutes.

Try looking at similar clubs you don't have an emotional connection to. West Ham have been on a pretty poor run - are they really going to get relegated? Are Swansea, really? It's unlikely because both teams have plenty of quality, like us, and will turn their form around, like us. Bilic, Koeman and whoever Swansea's new manager is all need to change things, but their recent results don't make them worse than Aston Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle and the rest.

Of course things need to change, and if they don't, ever, then of course we're going to be fighting relegation. What I'm saying is it's highly likely things will improve.

I'm bitterly disappointed by this run, because we've dropped off the pace for a top six finish and will have to fight hard to get into the top half and stay there. But relegation talk is so, so premature.

To deflect accusations of being naively positive, I think we're going to lose this game.

Arsenal will probably win - depends if they loose anyone to injury tonight i guess.

It would be nice to have Sanchez out against us, which is possible if he's rushed into the team tonight like he has been in the past.

Edited by DuncanRG

I don't think you are the reason. Most of us have seen precious few. Even some we didn't lose felt like we had.

Arsenal are unlikely to be ****ting themselves Pelle has scored six goals this season and Mane 3 and I believe long has scored 0

That Leceister duo have scored 28.

Pelle couldn't even connect with the ball within the six yard box on Saturday and long had a cross or shot , not sure which that must have hit row z

Tossers every one of them

We need to beat the likes of Norwich and the other clubs in the bottom third. Even a narrow defeat against Arsenal will be acceptable.

The good thing about our slump is that it may have knocked out the arrogant complacency apparent at the start of the season. I did warn of this and have been proven correct in my assertion.

Pk4hq8q.gif

Arsenal are unlikely to be ****ting themselves Pelle has scored six goals this season and Mane 3 and I believe long has scored 0

Pelle couldn't even connect with the ball within the six yard box on Saturday and long had a cross or shot , not sure which that must have hit row z

Long has scored 2 in the league and 2 in the cup.

Game is almost certainly a loss. So put the kids out, tell them best player gets a 1 year extension on their contract. You'll see them dying for the cause. And sit all the first teamers on the bench and tell them "thats what it takes"

Losing heavily by fielding your U21s against Arsenal is what it takes?

Game is almost certainly a loss. So put the kids out, tell them best player gets a 1 year extension on their contract. You'll see them dying for the cause. And sit all the first teamers on the bench and tell them "thats what it takes"

Didn't we beat them last season ? The Arse have off days you know.

Cringeworthy idea. If there's any worse idea than the classic "let's play all the youngsters and watch them show so much passion". Good grief.

More likely outcome is they are so far out of their depth that they chase shadows for 90 mins and get absolutely hammered. The manager then gets crucified for fielding a **** weak youth team by the same fans who suggested this bizarre logic in the first place.

I expect you're one of those fans who shouts at the defence to "get it forward" whilst simultaneously moaning that the team doesn't play enough decent pacey football

Whereas you are clearly not at all clueless are you? Apart from Long having scored 5 goals this season

And Mane 6, an excellent summing up of events. I definitely agree that they are all tosses, whereas you are clearly very informed and a total legend.

Even though everything points to an easy arsenal victory, i think we might win this - at some point the players will respond and put in a performance, all the sh1t thats been flying around about them could be the thing that finally gets them going.

i farking hope so

Stranger things have happened at sea.

Long scored goals in 3 of the 32 league games he played in last year.

Currently scored in 2 of the 9 he has featured in this year, so slightly better but he is clearly poor.

honestly, he is exactly what you get for £12m these days.... :lol:

on another note, arsenal go 2-0 against city

they will be going in dry against us.....

Goes without saying but unless we stop Ozil having an influence we have no chance.

Hard really to see us stopping them scoring so will need to figure out a way of troubling them on the counter.

no one stops Ozil these days

a proper world class talent.

I fear for us Saturday

1-4 to arsenal

we will make a game of it for 20 mins at the start. we will miss a few very good chances

then the game will revert to type

pretty easy for arsenal in the end

the pace we desperately lack in attack will also hurt us in defence against a side like arsenal

I want Arsenal to win the league, if they don't do it this season they never ever will, but it would be fairly typical of them to c ock up following such an important win tonight.

Many Arsenal fans will be bricking it, they are capable of being terrible at key moments.

Adam Blackmore stated that we have lost same amount of games this season as we had last season. V different feel

The feel's much the same as last Christmas if I recall rightly - pessimism, a deluded belief that we'd never turn our form around, thoughtlessly blaming the board/manager for poor signings like Sadio Mane.

The feel's much the same as last Christmas if I recall rightly - pessimism, a deluded belief that we'd never turn our form around, thoughtlessly blaming the board/manager for poor signings like Sadio Mane.

And then suddenly we beat Everton 3-0 with a 352 formation and no Morgan or Wanyama :)

I've mentioned it in the past... We always do crap around this time of year.

And then suddenly we beat Everton 3-0 with a 352 formation and no Morgan or Wanyama :)

I've mentioned it in the past... We always do crap around this time of year.

Interesting stat I've just seen. The top four teams in terms of average number of shots on goal from within the penalty area this season are :

1. Arsenal. 10.4

2. Southampton. 9.1

3. Man City. 8.6

4. Liverpool. 8.1

This would suggest not only that we're in for a tough time on Boxing Day but also that our overall team play is a lot better than some fans on here would have us believe.

Our problems are not in creating chances, they're in taking those chances and not conceding stupid goals at the other end.

Tottenham game was just like this. Thought we were the better team all over the pitch except for the two penalty areas which is of course where it really counts.

Upside of this is that it shouldn't take a lot to sort out. Expect us to lose to Arrsenal but then go on a run .