Saints vs. Watford build up thread

Dark Munster

Looks like even the club are having trouble giving away tickets to this game. The usual freebee spots for friends/ family/ hangers on near the back of block 3 are all available this week, usually full of weirdos screaming/ taking photos with iPads when Yoshida gets the ball, employees wearing club suits/ shirts/ ties covered up in ill fitting club puffer jackets or groupies doing a thoroughly good fancy dress impersonation of Wanyama or Mane (snap backs, gold chains and tracksuits).

As our forum fashion icon, please advise what i should wear tonight;)

Looks like even the club are having trouble giving away tickets to this game. The usual freebee spots for friends/ family/ hangers on near the back of block 3 are all available this week, usually full of weirdos screaming/ taking photos with iPads when Yoshida gets the ball, employees wearing club suits/ shirts/ ties covered up in ill fitting club puffer jackets or groupies doing a thoroughly good fancy dress impersonation of Wanyama or Mane (snap backs, gold chains and tracksuits).

Don't tell Turkish, this sounds like his idea of heaven. A few foam hands and Santa hats thrown in would be perfect.

anyone think we will play 3 at the back tonight?

Its probably the game best suited to it if Koeman believes a front two requires a back 3 as their front two are 1.) good and 2.) an actual front two as opposed to the mythical front two Palace have.

Personally I wouldn't. But if he does then it shows consistency of thinking.

Its probably the game best suited to it if Koeman believes a front two requires a back 3 as their front two are 1.) good and 2.) an actual front two as opposed to the mythical front two Palace have.

Personally I wouldn't. But if he does then it shows consistency of thinking.

god, I hope not. It will guarantee yoshida playing in a formation that has not really worked this season.

As our forum fashion icon, please advise what i should wear tonight;)

I'm glad you asked.

As it's a bit chilly I think a Superdry hoodie with a 5/6 year old Saints shirt over the top that used to fit 5/6 years ago but now is too tight tight, even without the extra girth provided by said hoodie, accompanied by low crotch jogging bottoms and some timelessly cool Lonsdale trainers. Some goalie gloves (again, it's cold remember) will top the look off in the same way a "crazy" Christmas tie set's one apart in the office. A red and white curly wig should also keep your bone warm.

One final tip. If you choose to go the extra mile and rock the goalie gloves (foam hands are so passé) I would recommend the velcro Lonsdale trainers (Lonsdale one of the few premium sports brands to helpfully offer velcro as an option), easier to manage than laces.

*Awaits call from Dylan Jones at GQ offering a regular column*

FWIW, I actually think we'll win tonight. But it seems all about the scrappy 1-0 win, hoping to defend and pack the midfield. So much fear from Koeman. It might work as one off, maybe we will win, but it's a horrible sign for the future. He needs to grow some balls sooner or later because selections have been absolutely awful.

It's a bad sign when you'd be genuinely surprised with any goalscorer other than OG. In fact best bet is probably Fonte or VVD from a corner.

Its how we beat Arsenal (only Mane and Long were genuine attackers)-and wouldn't be surprised if we go 4-4-2 again.

Am I the only person perplexed that arguably our most creative player (Tadic) is left on the bench for a crucial home game. Should we not be taking the game to Watford? I am growing more and more concerned with Koeman's tactics and team selection.

We beat Arsenal without him. In defense of Koeman, Tadic's not been great for a while - he's been much more effective coming off the bench.

Edited by shurlock
without

We beat Arsenal with him. In defense of Koeman, Tadic's not been great for a while - he's been much more effective coming off the bench.

You could be right but I would rather have Bertrand and Tadic at home in a game we really need to win as opposed to Bertrand and Targett. Fingers crossed for a win!

You could be right but I would rather have Bertrand and Tadic at home in a game we really need to win as opposed to Bertrand and Targett. Fingers crossed for a win!

These team selections remind me of Burley! What was it someone said at the time ' He pulls the first 11 random numbers out of his a**e??!!

5 defenders, with at least 2 defensive midfielders..at home..........in a formation that has not really worked for us for a long time....

:|

As stated earlier. Koeman believes 3 CBs is best versus a front 2.

Spurs did it recently against Watford.

He is just following his beliefs which might be wrong, but at least its consistent.

Also allows Mane to play centrally plus good sub options in attack.

All the endless changes to players and systems, it just means even if you do stumble upon a winning formula like Arsenal, you won't put a run together or move forward. He'll keep us up, but this is going absolutely nowhere, and going nowhere...slowly, without goals. At least be rubbish with an attacking line up! Poor results and loads of fear and negativity is doubling depressing.

F**k the dutch! Look at Man.U !! and our previous experiences. We need to get on the front foot - and quickly!