Saints fans given banning orders

Pamplemousse

Let's just make one thing clear here, Saints fans were attacked in the square that day, they were not the ones to go looking for it.

If some of the lads fought back then that is completely different from a scenario where they went looking for trouble.

All the Vitesse lads seemed to accept their fate as they were rounded up and put on buses outside their bar which was over by the main road, the saints fans were left to enjoy their day, but typical of the Hampshire football "intelligence" officers they could not miss out on the opportunity to get involved with some banning orders themselves, ensuring their budget is nicely secured for another season.

I don't know if they were toe rags or not but expect most commenting condemning have never been in situations.

And often cowards will decry brave men as it helps them feel more civilised where's truth is they crp their pants whilst others fight back and they need to justify being so weak

So if you don't run to the front and start throwing chairs you're a coward ?

So if you don't run to the front and start throwing chairs you're a coward ?

Instinct takes over sometimes. But it does get quite tribal and with a few beers. Easy to condemn from afar but I can relate. And in no way a hooligan who goes looking for trouble

Let's just make one thing clear here, Saints fans were attacked in the square that day, they were not the ones to go looking for it.

If some of the lads fought back then that is completely different from a scenario where they went looking for trouble.

All the Vitesse lads seemed to accept their fate as they were rounded up and put on buses outside their bar which was over by the main road, the saints fans were left to enjoy their day, but typical of the Hampshire football "intelligence" officers they could not miss out on the opportunity to get involved with some banning orders themselves, ensuring their budget is nicely secured for another season.

This

so it could have been anyone in the square this happened to but it just happened to be a group of lads most of whom have past for being thugs that got caught on cctv throwing furniture and not any of the hundreds of normal non idiot saints fans that were there? Pull the other one it has bells on some people are attracted to violence these mugs are clearly amongst them?

Not saying it wasn't an unprovoked attack but there are ways and means of defending yourself without throwing punches let alone furniture

Have you read Nick Illingworth's account? he gets it pretty much spot on, he was there,so was I, Turkish, fair few others.

Do you think it is right and fair that people are not allowed to leave the country for a third of the year, have the areas they are allowed to enter in their home city significantly restricted, all without being convicted of a crime? Is that right or not?

Have you read Nick Illingworth's account? he gets it pretty much spot on, he was there,so was I, Turkish, fair few others.

Do you think it is right and fair that people are not allowed to leave the country for a third of the year, have the areas they are allowed to enter in their home city significantly restricted, all without being convicted of a crime? Is that right or not?

Your wasting your breath/finger tips.

so it could have been anyone in the square this happened to but it just happened to be a group of lads most of whom have past for being thugs that got caught on cctv throwing furniture and not any of the hundreds of normal non idiot saints fans that were there? Pull the other one it has bells on some people are attracted to violence these mugs are clearly amongst them?

Not saying it wasn't an unprovoked attack but there are ways and means of defending yourself without throwing punches let alone furniture

And you think that those 6 were the only ones defending themselves? There were others, but these have most likely been picked out because of their previous connections.

I'd also be interested to know how you would defend yourself without using violence.

And you think that those 6 were the only ones defending themselves? There were others, but these have most likely been picked out because of their previous connections.

I'd also be interested to know how you would defend yourself without using violence.

Call them names, you know really really bad ones

Instinct takes over sometimes. But it does get quite tribal and with a few beers. Easy to condemn from afar but I can relate. And in no way a hooligan who goes looking for trouble[/quote

this is a strange point of view, because you said on another thread about the Spurs Jewish stuff that it was unacceptable etc. that people saying it was a bit of football tribal warfare were idiots (these weren't your exact words, I don't go trawling back through history to prove a point, but correct me if I am wrong, it was the jist of what you were saying) and there was no place for them, but..... It's okay after a few beers to get stuck in.

you couldn't make it up eh?

I've read this thread and read the UI page.

I'm just about persuaded that the saints boys came under attack from punches etc. They were entitled to defend themselves. That defence should have been reasonable, ie punching etc back.

As is often the case was the issue here that the self defence was not reasonable? I'm struggling to see how throwing tables and chairs around was reasonable self defence. If that's what they did they can't complain imo.

Instinct takes over sometimes. But it does get quite tribal and with a few beers. Easy to condemn from afar but I can relate. And in no way a hooligan who goes looking for trouble[/quote

this is a strange point of view, because you said on another thread about the Spurs Jewish stuff that it was unacceptable etc. that people saying it was a bit of football tribal warfare were idiots (these weren't your exact words, I don't go trawling back through history to prove a point, but correct me if I am wrong, it was the jist of what you were saying) and there was no place for them, but..... It's okay after a few beers to get stuck in.

you couldn't make it up eh?

Why am I not surprised someone as thick as you couldn't make a distinction between getting involved when provoked and mocking the holocaust?

'Couldn't make it up' can't even use your cliched line appropriately either.

You seem a little obsessed with me which is sweet.

Why am I not surprised someone as thick as you couldn't make a distinction between getting involved when provoked and mocking the holocaust?

'Couldn't make it up' can't even use your cliched line appropriately either.

You seem a little obsessed with me which is sweet.[/quote

Deleted

Edited by Noodles34

I assume they have a right of appeal. If they truly believe they are innocent then they will surely use it.

To appeal what though? It seems they haven't been convicted of any crime or even charged with one. They've been recognised on CCTV has having been involved in an altercation for which they have received football banning orders, which are civil rather than criminal convictions. Football Bans can also be applied as a means to prevent further disorder so even if its proven that what the did was self defence the old bill can always pull out the card that having been involved in this then it's likely they'll be involved in something else in the future to uphold any appeal.

We dont know if the CCTV footage shown to the court will show the initial attack from the Arnhems fans, or any witness statements confirming this, but you'd assume this was highly unlikely as nothing released to the media showed it. So not only did the Dutch police manufacturer the situation in the first place Hampshire Police appear to have not given the full story to the media given the way it's been reported so therefore you'd assume the same to the courts. So we now have the blaze of publicity and back slapping from them about how they've all worked together to save football grounds across Europe from these dangerous people.

Some will say they over stepped the mark of self defence and so deserve everything they get but as eyewitness accounts such as Nicks article on TUI confirm once the Arnhem hooligans had been seen off the mood returned to the peaceful one it had been prior to the attack by them. There was no further trouble that day or night and no innocent fans were set upon, so those that had a chair thrown at them where the ones who attacked Saints fans in the first place, in that situation then surely they are the ones who deserve what they get?

The whole thing stinks. Where else would you not be convicted or even charged with a criminal offence yet be banned from entering a city centre, travelling to another one or leaving the country for a good part of a the year without actually having been found guilty or even charged with anything. But of course no one gives a sh*t because as you can tell from the reaction on here and other social media the default reaction is they are scum and deserve everything they get. From the outside looking and as someone who has saw the whole thing from 20 yards away it seem the boys in blue have done a marvellous job of shafting a few people for their own ends yet again. Southampton FIU budget is secured for another year and yet another nice little "hooligans banned ahead of England tournament" headline that they roll out every time there is one.

We dont know if the CCTV footage shown to the court will show the initial attack from the Arnhems fans, or any witness statements confirming this, but you'd assume this was highly unlikely as nothing released to the media showed it.

You would think there would be some CCTV of the 50 odd Arnhem that marched up that side street past us?

You would think there would be some CCTV of the 50 odd Arnhem that marched up that side street past us?

I wish I'd have filmed it as I was on the lane that joined the 2 squares when they came through. I don't remember seeing any Police with that group. There were a couple that scuttled up behind once they'd pretty much reached the square but they then ran up towards the main road, took a couple of lefts and ended up as part of a bigger Police group at an entrance to the square adjacent to where the Arnham fans marched in. This was the area they started dragging fans out to once the fighting had stopped.

No CCTV footage was shown in court. They don't even have it yet. These bans went off of YouTube footage, and the evidence used was stills from the videos.

Saints fans banned due to footage taken by other Sainte fans. I hope the lot that uploaded those videos are happy with themselves.

It really isn't as far as the consequences are concerned. Ask anyone who has been trained in boxing or martial arts. You have to defend yourself responsibly. 9/10 that means walking away.

It really isn't as far as the consequences are concerned. Ask anyone who has been trained in boxing or martial arts. You have to defend yourself responsibly. 9/10 that means walking away.

I've done many different martial arts, boxing and Krav Maga - what you're trained to do is still very different from real life (although Krav Maga is the closest).

If you've been on the beers all day and you and your mates come under attack, are you really going to think "okay I need to walk away?" - a sober you might, if you've got the space to do so. But once you've had a few beers you might react differently or actually the real life situation is exactly nothing like what you've been taught in a safe room. You look out for number 1. If looking out for number 1 involves hurling a table and THEN making your exit, that's what you do.

If beer makes you a violent idiot incapable of making a rational decision not to lib furniture at people stop drinking! If someone is far enough away for you to lob a table at them they are not a threat. It really is time we stopped making excuses for thugs being thugs!

If beer makes you a violent idiot incapable of making a rational decision not to lib furniture at people stop drinking! If someone is far enough away for you to lob a table at them they are not a threat. It really is time we stopped making excuses for thugs being thugs!

Indeed. I get the need to protect yourself, but throwing chairs and tables obviously goes beyond what's reasonable. If that's what these lads did I don't understand the issue.

Lots of people with criminal posts for football violence posting in defence of others in time because of football violence. Brilliant. I'm glad these idiots have been punished and I don't care if they weren't charged. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Lots of people with criminal posts for football violence posting in defence of others in time because of football violence. Brilliant. I'm glad these idiots have been punished and I don't care if they weren't charged. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Quite. 99% or more of my life is spent NOT at football matches. I do not throw tables at people in this 99% or more of my life, nor do i punch them in the face. (Sometimes i must admit i feel that I would like to but i do not.) So why should I throw tables and punch people in the face at a football match and have the gall to think that is normal, acceptable behaviour that should be condoned?

Quite. 99% or more of my life is spent NOT at football matches. I do not throw tables at people in this 99% or more of my life, nor do i punch them in the face. (Sometimes i must admit i feel that I would like to but i do not.) So why should I throw tables and punch people in the face at a football match and have the gall to think that is normal, acceptable behaviour that should be condoned?

If someone punched you in the face, would you punch them back?

If someone punched you in the face, would you punch them back?

I think most people would but I doubt they'd throw tables and chairs at them. If that's what these guys did they can't complain.

worse goes on in every city in the uk every Friday night but you don't get a banning order for it,you may get a cell for the night and a fine.

from the videos looks like the dutch old bill played a big part in this by letting those looking for trouble[Arnhem] into the square

worse goes on in every city in the uk every Friday night but you don't get a banning order for it,you may get a cell for the night and a fine.

from the videos looks like the dutch old bill played a big part in this by letting those looking for trouble[Arnhem] into the square

I've never seen people throwing furniture at each other in a UK city centre on a Friday/Saturday night!

What on earth do you expect him to do when he is in a different country with no police powers at all?

What's he doing over there then?

Just let the Dutch ob get on with it.

None of the people involved are crying about the bans.

Occupational hazard.

But the bedwetters on here are out in force once again.

Get back to your neighbourhood watch schemes.

What's he doing over there then?

Just let the Dutch ob get on with it.

None of the people involved are crying about the bans.

Occupational hazard.

But the bedwetters on here are out in force once again.

Get back to your neighbourhood watch schemes.

There's no bedwetting mate. I just think it's ridiculous that people think that someone has been hard done by for getting a football banning order for throwing tables and chairs around at an away football match. Sure they came under attack and sure they were entitled to use reasonable self defence. What they weren't entitled to do is go ott. The did and that's why they were banned.

According to some posters on here, it's like the wild west on some Friday nights in England so it wouldn't surprise me.

According to some posters on here, it's like the wild west on some Friday nights in England so it wouldn't surprise me.

chairs, tables and all sorts being thrown. men wandering about, sexually abusing anything in a skirt....all in maidenhead too

There's no bedwetting mate. I just think it's ridiculous that people think that someone has been hard done by for getting a football banning order for throwing tables and chairs around at an away football match. Sure they came under attack and sure they were entitled to use reasonable self defence. What they weren't entitled to do is go ott. The did and that's why they were banned.

Plus they no doubt love it as well. Perfect excuse to look hard in front of their mates. Pathetic.

Start throwing tables and chairs around (or worse) in a pub in town on a Friday night you'll find yourself refused entry to that and every other pub in Southampton in the future. Might not be a legal banning order issued by a court but it would have the same effect.

And what would you know? The only thing you've ever taken on the chin are you captains balls when you burnt his bacon.

LOL, the Great Turkish's downwards spiral is complete with this chirpy playground insult. All we need now is for him to follow it up with "I know you are, but what am I?".

They have.

It's only the absolute whoppers on here crying.

Crying?! Behave. A few people have merely pointed out that because of the behaviour of these idiots it's no surprise that they got banned. I'm surprised that you and a few others seem to think that their behaviour was acceptable. Each to their own.