Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

just score 1 or 2 goals and make a decent contribution in that time would do

i had to gasp a bit during the Euros when I saw Pelle do one of 'those' flicks. And it went to a teammate! Ye gods. Miracles CAN happen

Apparently Adam Nagy has offers from clubs including Saints, Benfica and Marseille and will make a decision by the end of the week.

Would be a very good signing at the peanuts fee that has been quoted.

I thought the original story was that Puel put a stop to that deal?

(Headline writers dream: "Claude Puells the plug on midfielder move")

He has scored a good number of goals every season for the last 4 including 7 in 17 at Intl level.

Dost is a journeyman who had one good season in the Dutch league and half a good season in Germany.

In a comparison between the two Pelle wins all day long to anyone rational.

Pelle is the most inconsistent player I've seen at saints for a long time. And he isn't that good. He's pushing 31 and he has one year left on your contract. We have Austin, Long, JayRod already, Dost is a suitable replacement for a a squad player.

I thought the original story was that Puel put a stop to that deal?

(Headline writers dream: "Claude Puells the plug on midfielder move")

Yes initially it was said he had slowed it down (rather than stopped it).

He has scored a good number of goals every season for the last 4 including 7 in 17 at Intl level.

Dost is a journeyman who had one good season in the Dutch league and half a good season in Germany.

In a comparison between the two Pelle wins all day long to anyone rational.

You could also say Pelle was a journey man who did poorly at many clubs before Feyenoord where he had 2 good seasons in the Eredivisie, like you said about Dost. I love Pelle & dont want him to leave but I dont see why people wouldn't accept him as a replacement

You could also say Pelle was a journey man who did poorly at many clubs before Feyenoord where he had 2 good seasons in the Eredivisie, like you said about Dost. I love Pelle & dont want him to leave but I dont see why people wouldn't accept him as a replacement

Nobody "wouldn"t accept" Dost.

Just saying that IMO he isn't a better player than Pelle and losing your two top scorers you would want to replace with proven quality which Dost (again IMO) isn't.

For a bit more than £6m there are better players to sign.

I'm sure we looked at him, but decided on Redmond.

I'm sure Ibe will prove to be a good addition for them - They need to replace Ritchie.

Up the cherries. Happy with Redmond.

Nicolae Stanciu next please.

I'm sure we looked at him, but decided on Redmond.

I'm sure Ibe will prove to be a good addition for them - They need to replace Ritchie.

I think they've got a good one there, and the price is not steep. Surprised Liverpool have let him go.

I expect Chamberlain would view a move here as an admission of failure at Arsenal. Easier to save face and move to West Ham or somewhere else.

Maybe, but he left a championship side for Arsenal. He would now be returning to a side on the upward swing who have qualified for Europe two seasons on the bounce.

Jeremy Pied could be on his way ....Plays for Nice so could be just 2+2= 6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chose not to renew his contract at the end of last season so is available on a free transfer. Can play at RB or on the wing so would make a decent squad addition.

http://en.francais-express.com/news/sport/-33437-southampton-linked-with-a-move-for-nice-wide-man-jeremy-pied/

Apparently Adam Nagy has offers from clubs including Saints, Benfica and Marseille and will make a decision by the end of the week.

Would be a very good signing at the peanuts fee that has been quoted.

Agreed.

Wonder if we are weighing up the Nagy, Kapustka possibilities. Either would be an impressive signing and at their age an investment for a couple of seasons, as we seem to like.

Lewis Cook at Leeds is another we should have been looking at closely. But like Byram last year will probably not be at the races for him.

Pelle is the most inconsistent player I've seen at saints for a long time. And he isn't that good. He's pushing 31 and he has one year left on your contract. We have Austin, Long, JayRod already, Dost is a suitable replacement for a a squad player.

He's been more consistent for us than any of those players. Including Dost.

Nagy would be better to develop with Saints rather than Marseilles surely? I would think that ours is a better league to develop. Not sure on what their wage structure is to be honest. Suppose it is his (or his agents influence) that will decide the issue.

get chamberlain ffs

I'd be astonished if that happened. It's quite rare for players to return to a former club and be successful, mick channon excepted of course. The fans tend to be against them from the off, remember hoddle ruling himself out of a return because of the fan reaction?

Edit.

Of course we remember that, dalek reminds us most weeks. ;)

Edited by scotty

Shame we didn't have another couple of players signed in time for the tour to the US - great opportunity to get to know people etc.

Obviously still very early stages of the window, but on balance ours so far has been one of the weakest windows in the PL in that the squad is worse now than at the end of last season whereas most other teams are stronger.

Ideally need 4 players before the start of the PL, and at least 3 of them to be first XI starters.

I'd be astonished if that happened. It's quite rare for players to return to a former club and be successful, mick channon excepted of course. The fans tend to be against them from the off, remember hoddle ruling himself out of a return because of the fan reaction?

Edit.

Of course we remember that, dalek reminds us most weeks. ;)

Not sure the fans would be against Chamberlain though, the circumstances of him leaving were quite different to the likes of Hoddle, Lallana or Alderweireld.

Shame we didn't have another couple of players signed in time for the tour to the US - great opportunity to get to know people etc.

Obviously still very early stages of the window, but on balance ours so far has been one of the weakest windows in the PL in that the squad is worse now than at the end of last season whereas most other teams are stronger.

Ideally need 4 players before the start of the PL, and at least 3 of them to be first XI starters.

This. Getting a bit worried. Really need to strengthen soon. Just defence, midfield and up front. And goalie if Stekkers off to cuddle up again with Koeman