Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Has he gone from Midgetland ? I was told he was on the clubs want list

Don't think so - just been quite quiet. Such a dynamic player - definitely worth the gamble and probably would be in the 7-10m bracket which is our sort of level for transfer fees.

I think the Jordan Amavi from villa could have legs. Came through Nice with Puel and was playing well at Villa until his injury (which also means he had no bearing on Villa's relegation before people start spouting that) when Black was there so they both know him. Villa bought him for £9m I think. Excellent back up to Bertie?

I think the Jordan Amavi from villa could have legs. Came through Nice with Puel and was playing well at Villa until his injury (which also means he had no bearing on Villa's relegation before people start spouting that) when Black was there so they both know him. Villa bought him for £9m I think. Excellent back up to Bertie?

Don't see Saints shelling out £10m on a back up LB when they've got Targett and some other youngsters (Debayo and that 15/16 year old who played some games at the end of the season for the u21s, I think) in the wings.

The only way Amavi is coming is if Bertrand is leaving. In any case, didn't he do his ACL? Hasn't played since. I'd like to think we've learned our lesson with Rodriguez about giving contracts to players who haven't proven that they've fully overcome a serious injury.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Really wanted us to sign Pione Sisto - but it never really got off the ground.

As a Dane myself, i know quite a lot about Sisto. Basically he has a huge potential, but really, he's been s***e the past 18 months or so. Yes, he ruled the world against United, but hopefully those two games isn't enough for him to sign up with us.

Earlier I've been talking about bringing in, both him and Amartey(Leicester), but with his current form, i sure hope we won't. If we should've gotten one from the danish league, we should've brought in Emre Mor, before Dortmund signed him up.

Milik would be a good shout if Pelle goes - can see him working well with 2 up top or a 1 with 2 wingers.

Probably around our level as well.

In other news West Ham have 10 bids out for Strikers and no one wants to come!

If we are being linked with Amavi and Brady, either.....

Bertrand is going.

or

The press just assumes Bertrand is going because he's been linked to Liverpool and we have form there so the natural progression is we then have to replace him.

or

We might be going to 3 at the back + wingbacks/Bertrand is being converted into a possible centre back?

Bertrand is going.

or

The press just assumes Bertrand is going because he's been linked to Liverpool and we have form there so the natural progression is we then have to replace him.

or

We might be going to 3 at the back + wingbacks/Bertrand is being converted into a possible centre back?

I thought the latter as Bertrand performed admirably there last season and seems like Puel likes a good 3-5-2.

Bertrand is going.

or

or

or it's pure speculation

I know for a fact that liverpool are after Bertrand.

I rarely get ITK snippets but this is true

Why would that be a surprise. I'd like to think with three years left on his contract the club wouldn't let him go right now....but well it's Liverpool......... so bye Ryan (probably)

We won't let Ryan go, the fans are, in general, not kicking up a fuss about Vic and Mane go due to the service provided and money received respectively but if any other first teamers were to go then it would be a stupid move on behalf of the club. I would like to see two players coming in now that would have a strong claim for the first team.

We currently have four players who are guaranteed to play when fit: Forster, Fonte, Van Dijk and Bertrand.

Absent any truly ridiculous bid (say 50mill for Virgil, 25mill for Bertrand) if any of those leave before the final year of their contract I will be annoyed.

Monk or K Billy posted it a while ago - it seems to be a decision between him and the Ben Stilwell kid from Leicester.
I think they said Liverpool were keeping tabs on him or something, bit different to attempting to buy him. I'm a strong supporter of the club and their decisions but selling Bertrand would be a massive mistake. I think they can afford to say no to any price on this one.

Bertrand is great, consistent, but would probably get what, 16-20m? At very most. Is it worth having that bit more money and a big hole in the team, another new face to settle and even more disgruntled fans? Mane and Wanyama go, we get it, but does it really just have to be sell everyone and anyone for a decent price?

Keep saying, the more you let go, the more will want and expect to go. Have to start closing that door at some point. Bertrand I assumed would stay as his career has benefited massively from staying put for the first time after endless loans. He's in a good defence at a good club in Europe and in the England squad. Fck Liverpool.

If Targett improves, and grows physically then perhaps next summer? Think that would make far more sense.

Will be so p!ssed off if we sell Bertrand. Still got a long contract so no need to from that perspective. Need to keep him for 1 more season at least for all the reasons you state above.

Bertrand is great, consistent, but would probably get what, 16-20m? At very most. Is it worth having that bit more money and a big hole in the team, another new face to settle and even more disgruntled fans? Mane and Wanyama go, we get it, but does it really just have to be sell everyone and anyone for a decent price?

Keep saying, the more you let go, the more will want and expect to go. Have to start closing that door at some point. Bertrand I assumed would stay as his career has benefited massively from staying put for the first time after endless loans. He's in a good defence at a good club in Europe and in the England squad. Fck Liverpool.

If Targett improves, and grows physically then perhaps next summer? Think that would make far more sense.

Given recent history we will either refuse to sell but agree to let him and VVD go next summer with our blessing or we will get an offer can't refuse and we let them go this year without a thank you on the statement after they have left.

With Pelle likely to go and two lost already I assume we will put our foot down and refuse anymore to leave but they will be guaranteed to be first out the door next summer.

Although I have no jealousy of Watford etc I do wonder how they can keep players when ours (and our managers) apparently dont seem to be able to get away quickly enough? Money? Ambition? Why doesn't that apply to Deeney is the bloke an idiot?

Better than clasie and would suit us brilliantly

Every other team's players are better than ours. And every team's signings will be better than ours. And every other team is showing more ambition than us. And repeat...

Clasie is somehow poor now and hey that Joe Allen who has largely been anonymous at Liverpool had a great game on tv. He is now brilliant.

Hal Robson-Kanu (?)

Signing a player because of a good goal or one-off good performances in the European Championships or World Cup is not good idea, as clubs with poor recruitment structures have found out to their cost over the years. When scouting a player you should look at him over a prolonged period.

Robson-Kanu isn't a young up and coming player, he is 27 years old and over a sample of the last 3 Championship seasons....

2013/14 - 36 games - 4 goals

2014/15 - 29 games - 1 goal

2015/16 - 28 games - 3 goals

I know there is more to it than looking merely at goals scored, but that is not particularly impressive for a winger/striker over a large sample of games. I doubt he is suddenly going to light up the Premier League, or even the Championship.

Just because Wales as a team are having a great tournament does not mean we need to start buying Wales players, Robson Kanu was at Reading for a reason and Joe Allen could not get into a team that finished two places below us and is pretty identical to Clasie/JWP in style of play. He is also no better than those two, so no to both IMO.

It's bad enough we are sending so many players Liverpools way, we don't need to start picking up their rejects, the only Liverpool player we should possibly look at is Benteke.

Signing a player because of a good goal or one-off good performances in the European Championships or World Cup is not good idea, as clubs with poor recruitment structures have found out to their cost over the years. When scouting a player you should look at him over a prolonged period.

Robson-Kanu isn't a young up and coming player, he is 27 years old and over a sample of the last 3 Championship seasons....

2013/14 - 36 games - 4 goals

2014/15 - 29 games - 1 goal

2015/16 - 28 games - 3 goals

I know there is more to it than looking merely at goals scored, but that is not particularly impressive for a winger/striker over a large sample of games. I doubt he is suddenly going to light up the Premier League, or even the Championship.

Behave, MLG - You used my quote above, but:

1) It was from 4 months ago.

2) It wasn't a suggestion from me - I posted it with a link.

Every other team's players are better than ours. And every team's signings will be better than ours. And every other team is showing more ambition than us. And repeat...

Clasie is somehow poor now and hey that Joe Allen who has largely been anonymous at Liverpool had a great game on tv. He is now brilliant.

Yes, this. Shame how some people are so knee jerk when it comes to players and signings.