Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Djibril Sidibé being linked.

Guglielmo Cannavale of Sky...

Southampton have contacted Lille for Boufal (but Chelsea lead the race) and Sidibè #saintsfc

Sofiane Boufal - 22 year old attacking midfielder for Lille, scored 14 in 43 and capped for France

Djibril Sidibé - 23-year-old defender who can play RB and LB, 6ft, played over 100 games for Lille already and capped for France at youth levels/U21

Sidibe was on France's standby list for the Euros so he's certainly highly-rated.

Judging by positions played over last season for Lille I'd suggest LB

Capture.png

That's because Lille have a very good right back in Corchia and pretty much nothing at left back. Sidibé is right footed and equally comfortable on both sides. Almost certainly being brought in to play mainly at RB.

McGovern the Northern Ireland keeper has been linked too.

WHam will want some ridiculous fee for Randolph, whereas McGovern is available on a free from SPL Hamilton.

I was quite impressed with McGovern's performances, and it would have been harsh to blame him for the goals that N.I.conceded.

If you think Liverpool are at the same level as Stoke you're incredibly deluded.

If you can't read a league table then you are blind.

That amazing Liverpool team finished 9 points and 1 place above Stoke, and Joe Allen could not get into that 8th placed team.

If it's deluded to suggest a bench warmer for a team that finished below us would not improve our first team then i'll happily call myself deluded.

A player struggling to dislodge say Toni Kroos or Iniesta from a first team is one thing, a player who can't displace Jordan Henderson from a first team is not a player who will improve our team.

Just seen someone say on twitter that L'Equipe are linking us with a move for Lille midfielder Sofiane Boufal.
No chance in hell of us getting him in.

Tottenham as well as some other Champions League clubs are said to hold interest in him.

He's a very highly rated player, we have to find the ones that haven't been uncovered yet.

I'd take every link to a French player with a pinch of salt now, for obvious reasons w will be linked with plenty.

For starters what's the bets we're linked to Moussa Sissoko and Debuchy in the coming weeks :D

If we really are trying to sign AOC then that'll be enough of a statement of our intent for me. I know some have their doubts in terms of fitness and whether he's progressed since he left but he's still only 22 which i think a lot forget. Throw some decent money at Arsenal, build the team round him, it would be a great morale boost for the fans I think. Sadly, however, I still see him ending up at West Ham.

For the first time in years our main transfer targets this year should be the players who are already here. They are going to give us our best ever Premier League finish and possibly come within 2 points of a Champions League place. Without the injuries to Forster and Bertrand, we'd probably be 3rd now. We are not going to get players much better than that so let's spend the transfer budget on keeping them here.

Please, Les, don't sell Pelle. We fans need our heroes more than Kat needs our money.