Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I like Redmond. We've obviously been watching him for a while. £11m is a lot of money, and as I've said before, I'm surprised he's at the very top of our list.

Lots of potential though, and we don't really have anyone like him - An out & out winger.

Surprised we are pushing ahead with this deal without a boss though. I assume he would have to approve it.

Sterling is miles better than Redmond.

I never said he was better, just pointing out that he went for £50m they are similar players and a few good progressive seasons at Saints and who knows what could happen, £11m could end up a bargain.... It could also end up a Ramirez, but I am optimistic

I like Redmond, fits our profile and still bags of potential. 11mil a little steep, but it depends on how he develops. Would hope an addition to squad rather than a Mane replacement.

6 Goals not a bad return in a shi* team, 2 assists not great mind. Started the season well I remember then drifted.

Redmond didn't play as much as he should have done last season for Norwich because of Neil's system of playing a sturdy midfield, and Hoolahan behind Jerome. He put in some decent performances towards the end of the season when he did play, especially against Watford, and I think he'd be a good acquisition to strengthen attacking areas with potential to improve. £11 million does sound a lot though, I'd be surprised if it were for that much.

I'm not keen on us signing players before we appoint a manager though...

I'm not very excited by the prospect of signing Nathan Redmond, never have been, but come on lads £11million really isn't a lot of money anymore. Ross McCormack cost Fulham £11million. Having said that, offered the chance I wouldn't have signed Long or Bertrand either and they've both turned out to be absolutely fantastic, so hopefully this is the same if it happens.

I'm not very excited by the prospect of signing Nathan Redmond, never have been, but come on lads £11million really isn't a lot of money anymore. Ross McCormack cost Fulham £11million. Having said that, offered the chance I wouldn't have signed Long or Bertrand either and they've both turned out to be absolutely fantastic, so hopefully this is the same if it happens.

Thing is about Redmond is that it is 11m when he only has 12 months left on his contract. Saints will probably only get 12-13m for Wanyama who is in a similar contract situation but far more more accomplished in the PL.

Thing is about Redmond is that it is 11m when he only has 12 months left on his contract. Saints will probably only get 12-13m for Wanyama who is in a similar contract situation but far more more accomplished in the PL.

It would be ridiculous if Redmond and Wanyama are on the same price, given their different levels.

If he comes in on a free or a minimal fee like 500k then Redmond would be an ok squad player, or if he was brought in to improve the U21 squad. 11m though that's too funny :)

500k come on this is a promising u21 international chased by a few clubs like Stoke. If it's 11m it will be based on several payments and clauses.

We need a different option as we don't have a wide man with pace.

Young English are premium priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all lost our sh1t when we bought Long for £12m,this could turn out to be a great bit of business

I always get quite excited when there's a rumbling of ambivalence on here about 'average' players we sign in the c.£10m bracket. More often than not they turn out to be little gems. More ambivalence please folks! :)

what was the suggested fee for AOC mooted in the press ? £12-15m from recollection.

Now whether we'd stand a chance of persuading AOC to return is another matter, but of the two I'd prefer AOC for the price bracket.

Redmond - slightly different player but a replacement for Juanmi? Juanmi basically played on the wing for us. If so, would be very happy with that.

If that were the case, Redmond would be a very decent upgrade.

The fear is that he's being lined up to replace Mane, which would be utterly inadequate.

In a general sense, though, the squad does need more genuine wide options in attack: Mane is more effective coming inside, Long is no winger, Rodriguez can't run any more, Isgrove and McQueen, of the youngsters coming through, aren't ever going to make the grade. (Josh Sims has some promise, though).

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Well it would ell it would appear that we're definitely after a young winger with the annual Tello and Redmond links.

Has Yarmolenko decided to shît or get off the pot with regard to a Prem move yet? Always liked Salvio at Benfica as well

Rumour on twitter that Chambers on loan happening. Am I right in thinking that Duncan Holley (who posted it) is on this forum under the name Fitzhugh Fella?

Correct. Still not sure what the point of that is. He will be coming here to start, maybe at RB?

Seems a backwards move.

Looks like he deleted the tweet.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Looks like we're replacing fringe players like your Juanmi's, Taider's etc of this world with younger British talent, in addition to the established senior pros who we know are good quality and have shown it on the pitch already.

Fine by me.

Its fine if you're buying and owning those players; not loaning and developing them for others.

SOUTHAMPTON have held discussions over a move for Stuttgart winger Filip Kostic.

The Serbia international is valued at £12million by the Bundesliga side who signed him from FC Groningen in 2014 for £4.75m.

Liverpool are among the clubs to have checked on Kostic this season, while Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg and Schalke have also expressed an interest in the 23-year-old who plays on the left wing but is comfortable on the right or behind the striker.

Kostic scored five goals in the Bundesliga last season and has a contract until 2019 but has rejected the offer of fresh terms.

Southampton have concerns about the futures of Sadio Mane, a target for Liverpool, and Dusan Tadic.

They are hopeful of beating Stoke City to the signing of another winger Nathan Redmond from Norwich City in a deal worth around £10million.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3644923/West-Ham-set-pull-Alexandre-Lacazette-megadeal-Dimitri-Payet-staying-Hammers-main-man.html#ixzz4BowHqkMn

I like the look of these signings, young dynamic pacey left wingers, one who loks more silky and the other who looks more pace and power, plus a goal scoring attacking midfielder.

Hope we can can pick them before they get snatched by others. The sort of players that would add to the squad I reckon.

I like the look of these signings, young dynamic pacey left wingers, one who loks more silky and the other who looks more pace and power, plus a goal scoring attacking midfielder.

Hope we can can pick them before they get snatched by others. The sort of players that would add to the squad I reckon.

Probably why the board appear to be trying to make signings even without a manager.