Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Don't like the idea of us giving our old player experience to play for Arsenal. Either loan with a perm option, a perm transfer...or no thanks.

Yeah doesn't seem very Saints like to give Arsenal the benefit of further training for a player they bought from us.

Don't like the idea of us giving our old player experience to play for Arsenal. Either loan with a perm option, a perm transfer...or no thanks.

What's the point in a loan with an perm option. One of two things will happen

1) He will have a crap season, in which case there we don't want him here.

2) He will have a good season, say "thanks very much for the game time but I'm going to have to decline your 'option'" and return to Arsenal.

@scoutsattending: #saintsfc scout Bill Green watching Austria v Netherlands on Sat...also saw Austria play Turkey in March...Zlatko Junuzovic scored in that

I find this news worrying.

Austria have some interesting attack options, but are not all that defensively (IMO; assuming we are not after Fuchs who plays for the EPL Champs).

This would infer we are looking at attack options, which must suggest the likes of Long or Mane are really off.

Could be conincidence and there is someone in the Dutch team we want to watch, of course...

Dutch Team tonight:

Sweet; Tete, Bruma, Van Dijk, Van Aanholt; Wijnaldum, Bazoer, Strootman; Berghuis, Janssen, Promes.

I'd be interested in those in bold, especially Janssen, he's like a faster, silkier pelle.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/vincent-janssen-dutchman-wooing-arsenal-liverpool-and-manchester

Edited by Convict Colony

Well, here's another thought about tonights Austria vs Netherlands game.

Could we be looking at Marcel Koller, the Austrian coach ??? I dont think he could take the Austrian national team any futher, and he has certainly made a silk purse from a sow's ear..

Well, here's another thought about tonights Austria vs Netherlands game.

Could we be looking at Marcel Koller, the Austrian coach ??? I dont think he could take the Austrian national team any futher, and he has certainly made a silk purse from a sow's ear..

I'd have thought we are long, long, long past the ''looking at'' phase. We will know who are options are, who we want, and all about them. We won't need to 'scout' them.

Dutch Team tonight:

Sweet; Tete, Bruma, Van Dijk, Van Aanholt; Wijnaldum, Bazoer, Strootman; Berghuis, Janssen, Promes.

I'd be interested in those in bold, especially Janssen, he's like a faster, silkier pelle.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/vincent-janssen-dutchman-wooing-arsenal-liverpool-and-manchester

isnt Janssen the guy Poch was watching when people started wetting themselves about him watching Shane Long last week ?

Need to get used to us being the favourites to land the best Dutch players.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

One thing I was wondering about Koeman's departure, is presumably he will know who our targets are this summer? Despite their new found financial muscle, Everton are not going to be outbidding the top sides for players, and in terms of on-the-field, they're well down the pecking order. However, they can (evidently) outbid us, and perhaps nabbing our top targets this year would be seen as a shrewd, albeit pretty unsavoury, strategy.

If.... and its a big if we were to replace Koeman with Emery, I'd love to go in for Grzegorz Krychowiak & Kévin Gameiro.

I can dream right?

Krychowiak was linked with Barcelona last week - so that'd be almost as big a step down for his next move as Koeman going from being linked with Barcelona to going to Everton....

You're still Scouse *****s, just unsuccessful ones with an even bigger Napoleon complex

So the Mail have Calum Chambers captaining the England u21 team to victory in the recent Toulon Tournament. Wasn't JWP captain?

Tbf to The Mail (and I hate myself for this) Chambers was captain in the last group game, against Japan, as JWP was rested ahead of the final.

Michiel Jongsma ‏@JongsmaJongsma

According to Eindhovens Dagblad, PSV aren't willing to pay the asked 'at least 8 million euros' for FC Twente playmaker Hakim Ziyech.

Bargain doesn't even come close to describing that fee. Such a talented player.

According to Eindhovens Dagblad, PSV aren't willing to pay the asked 'at least 8 million euros' for FC Twente playmaker Hakim Ziyech.

Saw that too. Need to look at him.

Especially with two players from the creative types list leaving (Juanmi, Gaston) would be a very good addition to the squad for creating chances.

He would have to be really good to replace those two for us.

Is he really slight or physically weak? Havent seen much of him but must be some reason he isnt being snapped up as has some great numbers stats wise.

He would have to be really good to replace those two for us.

Hey that's why I didn't say specifically they were creative players, just that they were on the list of supposed creative types! ?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk