Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

That's a shame, they were a decent club at that level. I can't see Ziyech hanging around though.

smoke and a pancake...!

the bloke has 17 goals and 12 assists in the eredivisie this season!

Never heard of him before your post and a quick browse on transfermarkt.

sign him up.

Are these all Mane replacements? Or is it competition or him moving central?

It changes things a lot. I mean I'd be happy to have Redmond on the bench and competing and improving. If we were relying on him to start it would be a huge step backwards.

It's from this article: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10287703/southampton-expect-victor-wanyama-to-be-tempted-away-this-summer-sky-sources

It states that we expect Vic (& possibly Pelle) to move. (But strangely, not Mane) - So lets assume it's in addition to having Mane around.

It's from this article: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10287703/southampton-expect-victor-wanyama-to-be-tempted-away-this-summer-sky-sources

It states that we expect Vic (& possibly Pelle) to move. (But strangely, not Mane) - So lets assume it's in addition to having Mane around.

With Wanyama, there is no reason to believe he won't want to move during the summer given his antics last summer. As for Pelle, most other reports linking him with a move over the last few weeks claim we are not exactly rushing to offer him a new contract so it is no surprise if he moves either.

I think we could do with another wide attacker regardless of whether Mane stays or leaves.

Jay Rod, sadly, has to be assumed as useless until he proves otherwise, Juanmi hasn't shown any signs of pushing for match time and Long is preferred centrally now.

It didn't really matter when we played 352 but if we want a default 433/4231 we need another wide player.

I know we've been watching Rafa Silva for a long time (at least a couple of years). Would love it if we get him over Liverpool! Perhaps Jose could put a word in for us. £15.3m release clause is probably worth it. Also we have European football to offer, they don't :lol:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/516800/Liverpool-secret-payment-bonus-Rafa-Silva-beat-Manchester-United-deal

Players want out so let the rebuilding begin. Your gonna love this summers meltdown. I think i will just unplug the internet and enjoy hopefully some nice sunshine and the Euro's.

Before you unplug -who?

Says more about them than the club if they want out when we're doing brilliantly and improving year on year. Greedy players that think the grass is always greener. We can replace them with better, we have done every season to date and will continue to do so.

Players want out so let the rebuilding begin. Your gonna love this summers meltdown. I think i will just unplug the internet and enjoy hopefully some nice sunshine and the Euro's.

Bound to be someone unexpected. Bertrand I reckon

Any subtle hints about names? As above, suspect it's fairly obvious though.

Let's just hope we replace them better than we replaced Clyne and Schneiderlin.

We all know a few players will most likely leave, that's not news.

Bound to be someone unexpected. Bertrand I reckon
Only one I can think of that hasn't been speculated much and would be a blow. I guess if Mane, Wanyama and Bertrand go that's three key players and can be classed asa "rebuilding", we'd get a s**t load of cash for them though.

more money for us, apart from The Bargain price that Vic will have to go for due to his contract... but if they want to potentially follow Schneiderlin's bench sitting / absent from international squad example, then good for them.

VVD and Forster ;)

Bertrand, surely, and one of Tadic or Long?

Won't be Long and although I can see Tadic fancying himself for great things I can't see him hugely appealing to anyone better than us.

Guan and KBilly are obviously ITK, but seem to be enjoying the attention a bit too much here.

2 more

Soares and Tadic then. Cedric is mysteriously out of favour and has struggled to stay in the side under RK. Tadic enjoyed a strong finish to the season but quite a few stories getting into the press earlier in the year and suspected for a while he may be moving on to somewhere like Benfica.

No way Bertrand should be allowed to leave this summer at any price - he gave that interview in the Star, make him honour it and no way we should sell him to Liverpool. Do a Morgan and tell him to get his head down.

Let's also remember that VVD and Fraser signed new deals and they are a huge part of our spine. Victor is when he feels like it but his agent is always chasing a signing on fee, as is Mane's.

Says more about them than the club if they want out when we're doing brilliantly and improving year on year. Greedy players that think the grass is always greener. We can replace them with better, we have done every season to date and will continue to do so.

This

Juanmi, Mane, Pelle, Tadic, Wanyama.

Sucks if Tadic leaves as well as Mane and Victor, but on the other hand maybe it is not much of a surprise if there is any truth in this piece published a couple of months ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3520912/Dusan-Tadic-pondering-away-Southampton-Ronald-Koeman-s-abrasive-management-style.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Thank you.

Meh. Expected. Expected. Interesting. Forgone conclusion :p

I think Pelle will be a loss, Austin doesn't offer what he does, but he's getting on and probably fancies a stab at a decent Italian club, similar to Lambert going to Liverpool in a way.

I can't see where Tadic would go?

Mane and Wanyama will be big losses.

Keeps the summer interesting anyway.

I'd be disappointed with Tadic leaving given how he finished the season, but calling that a meltdown? I think we need that amount of change in a 25 man squad to mix things up a bit.

Thanks KBS. Not unexpected, Juanmi just hasn't worked out as a gamble, Tadic seems a little volatile having fallen out with his national manager and suspect the negative press stories about RK during our bad run came from his camp. VW and Mane were always going to seek a move although he finished the season well. Pelle has served us well but wants a crack at Serie A and get the impression RK will grant it given his age. Bit worried about how fragile J Rod and Austin are though, very reliant on Long unless we strengthen in forward areas with someone like Dost.

Thanks for the update.

Juanmi, not surprised given his little game time after breaking into the Spanish squad before signing for us

Mane, will be a massive loss as he simply scares teams with his pace and skill

Pelle, can imagine he fancies a move back to Italy while his stock is high as one of the national team's main strikers

Tadic, brilliant on his day but not for long enough periods across a season. Might be able to replace with better

Wanyama, can be a formidable defensive shield when his mind is set right but can also dawdle through games when it's not. Might actually be the hardest one to replace.

Oh well, it'll keep the summer interesting once England have crashed out of the Euros.

Thanks for the update.

Juanmi, not surprised given his little game time after breaking into the Spanish squad before signing for us

Mane, will be a massive loss as he simply scares teams with his pace and skill

Pelle, can imagine he fancies a move back to Italy while his stock is high as one of the national team's main strikers

Tadic, brilliant on his day but not for long enough periods across a season. Might be able to replace with better

Wanyama, can be a formidable defensive shield when his mind is set right but can also dawdle through games when it's not. Might actually be the hardest one to replace.

Oh well, it'll keep the summer interesting once England have crashed out of the Euros.

That would be quite a big change to the team. Having a manager who is not committed long term persuading players to join us might be interesting.