Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Replacement for Wanyama = Chieck Tiote (Newcastle).

That aside...another signing...Frank Lampard could still do a job even if it is only bit part, but he'd be quality for the kids.

We've never produced or had a Lampard sort of player..in THAT class bracket.

Is that a serious post ?

I find it just a bit hilarious that everyone on here thinks Lampard is sh*t.

He'd be great for the kids to be around.

RE: Chieck Tiote..100% serious.

He's a decent player in a cr*p team.

I actually agree that Tiote is a decent player, who's got rather lost in a very bad club. The fact that he's already 29 would put me off buying him somewhat.

As for Lampard, Was a very good player, now rightfully North America retirement land. Not what Saints need.

Sisto would be a great replacement if Mane left, he was quality against Manyoo. Better than Townsend imo. Another good CB (maybe Bartra) is high up on the list. Anyone else reckon we'll go in for Wijnaldum considering Newcastle have now been relegated and he seemed very friendly with half of our players and Ron? The only problem I see this summer is finding a replacement for Wanyama. Could Oriol do a job sitting in front of the denfence?

Frank Lampard also is widely considered the worst MLS signing of all time. So no ta.

^ the reason for that is the yanks are all butthurt because Lampard stayed with City when he was supposed to be their flagship man.

They felt Lampard went back on his word..despite Man City owning BOTH clubs and sheikh mansour having the final say on which club the player plays at.

My real point is...I'd love to see Lampard in some capacity at the club to help out the kids, because in case nobody has noticed, the youth team is f'ng dismal at the mo.

Tiote is absolute ****e mate.

For the first time in years our main transfer targets this year should be the players who are already here. They are going to give us our best ever Premier League finish and possibly come within 2 points of a Champions League place. Without the injuries to Forster and Bertrand, we'd probably be 3rd now. We are not going to get players much better than that so let's spend the transfer budget on keeping them here.

With 2 more signed up to long-term contracts today, things are looking good so far. Let's hope Wanyama and Mane are our next big 'signings'.

He really isn't.

Our biggest "signings" can still be Wanyama and Mané.

I don't think we'll keep them because I fear they are more driven by purely financial considerations rather than developing a career and being a significant part of a winning team.

It will be a major achievement if we can convince either or both that they will do better in the long term by staying, get them to want to win something for Saints and offer a deal that will attract without being stupid money.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Let's not be naive. The sort of clubs they'd move to would be career development and a chance of winning things. Most players just dream of playing for the massive clubs rather than helping build a new one, it's understandable.

Agreed there's still a pull to the massive clubs but, after this season, it's not so sure that you'll win things.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Blick (one of the biggest papers in Switzerland) wrote it again, that we are behind Denis Zakaria from Young Boys Berne. Yes, that would be a fantastic deal.

Thanks for posting. Any potential fee mentioned? Sounds like a massive defensive midfielder - that a fair assessment?

Blick (one of the biggest papers in Switzerland) wrote it again, that we are behind Denis Zakaria from Young Boys Berne. Yes, that would be a fantastic deal.

Yeah I've just read that in the dutch press (edit see they are reporting swiss news), 10million apparently and we are competing with Man City, Leverkusen, Napoli and Red Bull Leipzeg.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=277952

And can I be the first to say he looks like a unit.

They seem to have rather a high opinion of themselves. Fast replacing Liverpool as the most arrogant lot around. Would be very funny if Payet legged it somewhere.

They know they don't have a chance of landing Vardy or some of the others. They're putting those names out there to show they're stepping into the big league with the new stadium. It's a bit daft, but the sort of thing that may send a signal to investors/players.

Edited by DuncanRG

This is interesting:

@SportsPeteO: Bournemouth have rejected £25m bid from West Ham for Callum Wilson and Matt Ritchie and told them the duo are not for sale. #WHUFC #afcb

West ham can not be seriously in for all the players they are being linked with these days......

A club finishing 5th or 6th perhaps doesn't need too much of an overhaul, but maybe replacing our young talent that has left with other young talent would be the order of the day.

As suggested last summer - Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt, both from Leeds might work. I suspect the former has gone from a `worth a punt' kind of price, to more of a `you need to be sure' kind of price.

I also hope we have scouted Baily Cargill whilst he was on loan at Coventry from Bournemouth. I thought he looked a very good player when I saw him playing at left back and I read on Wikapedia that he can play centre back. A left footed centre back might be on our shopping list. Doubt this kind of transfer would ever happen though.

A club finishing 5th or 6th perhaps doesn't need too much of an overhaul, but maybe replacing our young talent that has left with other young talent would be the order of the day.

As suggested last summer - Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt, both from Leeds might work. I suspect the former has gone from a `worth a punt' kind of price, to more of a `you need to be sure' kind of price.

I also hope we have scouted Baily Cargill whilst he was on loan at Coventry from Bournemouth. I thought he looked a very good player when I saw him playing at left back and I read on Wikapedia that he can play centre back. A left footed centre back might be on our shopping list. Doubt this kind of transfer would ever happen though.

Baily Cargill comes from a family of Saints fans too.

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/poker-um-kostic-noch-drei-bundesligisten-im-rennen_64888

Southampton one of the clubs interested in Filip Kostic. Lots of competition tho with Leicester, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Inter Milan, Juventus according to the article but i would love to see that guy at Southampton.

mmm a Serbian who plays on the left....don't we have one of those ;)

a 5'6" defensive midfielder I can imagine you'd be well happy with that Charlie...

I think you could have a central midfield three with one small (tiny) player but not two. We already have Clasie, plus Reed also on the fringes, so it must be a consideration.

He sounds like a good player though and if Leicester want him to replace Kante potentially then he sounds like someone with the stamina and mobility to do well in the PL.

mmm a Serbian who plays on the left....don't we have one of those ;)

Different kind of winger tho who can play on both sides, could be a replacement for Mané if there's any truth in this. Or if they are looking at playing Long as a center forward from now on, we could use another pacey winger anyway even if Mané stays.

I live in Stuttgart and have adopted VfB as my German team. Kostic has been very good for the past two seasons, albeit in an extremely poor side who were recently relegated. Fast winger with a cracking left foot delivery. He's only 23 and would be a good signing in my opinion. Though, I thought Romeu wouldn't cut it for us after his loan spell at Stuttgart last year, so who knows. Imagine there will be a lot of competition for his signature, Wolfsburg reportedly offered €20m+ last summer after selling De Bruyne which Stuttgart rejected.

Fc Twente are relegated to the second division because of financial irregularities. I guess Ziyechs price just went down a bit.

That's a shame, they were a decent club at that level. I can't see Ziyech hanging around though.

Fenerbache have been after Hakims signature since the Jan window but i think he wants to come to the prem so is holding off until all epl options are closed.

From what i have seen he looks a good prospect but isn't there a question mark on his attitude - I'm sure i read somewhere that was the case which, could rule out SFC

So SKY Sports saying we want a right-winger... Lets have a look who we've been linked with so far in that position:

- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

- Pione Sisto

- Andros Townsend

- Nathan Redmond

- Guido Burgstaller

Any takers?