Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I love opinion just like to disagree with others if I think it's bollo ox and there is s fair bit of that on here, in think you will agree.

The speculative crap about us linked to xyz player or our xyz player linked with a move here or wherever is just a total waste of time.

We get a few on here who work themselves in to such a state that they froth at the mouth at the garbage in print or on ****ter

and post it as fact and I can't resist calling it out

If discussing potential player purchases is a waste of time in your eyes then why I you bothering to comment on it? Surely that is a even bigger waste of time?

Because there's no limit of space now. No need to narrow it down to better sources for print, can just throw endless rumours around all day every day and then whatever transfers happen be able to say look we called it.

Have you ever seen a media organisation say 'look, we called it'?

I've very rarely seen a journalist 'call it' either, now you mention it. You hardly ever see stories saying a transfer will happen, only that clubs are interested, in talks etc. Those stories can be accurate without a transfer actually happening. Only a daft fan, of which there sadly appear to be many millions, would think these stories are predictions.

I suppose the only exception is when reporters describe a 'race to sign' so and so. That suggests he will sign for someone, which isn't always true as we've learnt with Wanyama and others.

We wish. Probably the best young striker in Europe on current form. I expect he's already out of our price range and will go to a bigger club for a huge fee.

With the new TV deal, is any player outside the biggest clubs in Europe and the Premier League really out of our budget? I know Ajax are a massive club, but I suspect they would have a serious think if Saints were to put decent money on the table.

We wish. Probably the best young striker in Europe on current form. I expect he's already out of our price range and will go to a bigger club for a huge fee.

Milik the best young striker in Europe... Now I've seen it all.

I don't even want that guy on a free, let alone on a huge fee. He's mediocre at best.

Have you ever seen a media organisation say 'look, we called it'?

I've very rarely seen a journalist 'call it' either, now you mention it. You hardly ever see stories saying a transfer will happen, only that clubs are interested, in talks etc. Those stories can be accurate without a transfer actually happening. Only a daft fan, of which there sadly appear to be many millions, would think these stories are predictions.

I suppose the only exception is when reporters describe a 'race to sign' so and so. That suggests he will sign for someone, which isn't always true as we've learnt with Wanyama and others.

The Sun spent YEARS bragging about how they said stuff first, even when it was basically just a lie and other papers had reported things long before they did.

I'm not sure they'll be trumpeting this one though:

CBick7SWsAA8IJe.jpg

Edited by The9

Rumour going around that West Ham are being offered the Ox. I'll be severely ****ed off if he ends up there!

Sullivan did say most of their budget will go on a striker, but I'm fairly sure they could find a spare £15m behind the sofa.

A lot depends on whether the earlier John Cross story was true re: Ox not wanting to go to another London club.

DEPAY 'OFFERED ON THE CHEAP'

Manchester United are looking to sell Memphis Depay this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 22-year-old has not made the desired impact on the Premier League since his move from PSV last summer, and has reportedly been offered to both English and European clubs for a reduced deal.

DEPAY 'OFFERED ON THE CHEAP'

Manchester United are looking to sell Memphis Depay this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 22-year-old has not made the desired impact on the Premier League since his move from PSV last summer, and has reportedly been offered to both English and European clubs for a reduced deal.

I seem to recall Koeman commenting last year that Depay had a bad attitude.

Yeah wasn't impressed with Depay calling his team mates bad names or something. Depay hasn't exactly done much in the PL to get anyone that excited about signing him up.

also, didnt koeman admit we tried to sign him when he (ron) first got here?

Just seen on Sky Sports News that West Hams top two transfer targets are Wilfred Bony and Christian Benteke. I know they will pay stupid wages but we should be all over both of these. They would suit us down to the ground. Especially Bony!

Jesus wept.

Seriously?

Would just about accept Bony but Benteke?...

I wouldn't want him anywhere near our team.

I'd completely forgotten about that deal.

(Likewise, I was looking at our signings from a couple of summers ago and also had forgotten about Taider).

Now that really was weird what happened with that one.

I still have no idea what went down with that one.

I'm not sure if it was his attitude or Koeman just realised he ain't gonna cut it or a combination of both.

In any case..the Taider situation was a strange one.

If they sign either or both and want to get rid of Carroll then he would be a great signing.

I'd be happy with Carroll.

But to be fair, a Striker is what we don't need.

We've got Pelle, Long, Austin, Rodriguez, Mane (striker'ish) already..plus Sam Gallagher and Seager from the U21's.

What we need is a midfielder who can score from outside the box and is a bit lively.

Who that is I have no idea, but that's what we need.

And a defender. Get rid of Yoshida and bring in a decent backup to VVD.

I'd be happy with Carroll.

But to be fair, a Striker is what we don't need.

We've got Pelle, Long, Austin, Rodriguez, Mane (striker'ish) already..plus Sam Gallagher and Seager from the U21's.

What we need is a midfielder who can score from outside the box and is a bit lively.

Who that is I have no idea, but that's what we need.

And a defender. Get rid of Yoshida and bring in a decent backup to VVD.

Striker wise, we need one who can stay fit and score regularly. There are question marks over all of ours in one regard or another. Not sure we can rely on Austin & Rodriguez for an entire season, or Long's goal in four games.

Agree about a MF player,though ideally we need someone to boss the MF if VW leaves.

Defence wise - a first choice RB, as well as another CB.