Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Any chance of getting Coleman from Everton? One of the best RBs in the league a couple of seasons ago, he can't be happy with Everton's position in the table. I seem to remember he signed a new contract not too long ago though. We need better than Martina at right back.

Been awful whenever i've seen him this season, and certainly no better than Martina, let alone Cedric.

Any chance of getting Coleman from Everton? One of the best RBs in the league a couple of seasons ago, he can't be happy with Everton's position in the table. I seem to remember he signed a new contract not too long ago though. We need better than Martina at right back.

I'd have thought, no.

Only that post. Most of your others are ****e because you don't give your own opinion.

That's better Mr know it all...

:rolleyes: Just once more for you as you seem to have trouble grasping things

I POST AS I CHOOSE....has that sunk in now?????

Nothing you post will change that....OK????

Linked to young Walsall left-back Rico Henry.

Seen us linked to him before, along with a few other PL clubs. Gets strong reviews but surely with Bertrand and Targett we are quite well served in that area? Right back is a bigger issue, Ron doesn't seem quite sure on Cedric and Martina is a reasonable squad option but no more.

Could buy him and loan him out to somewhere like Wolves but Saints don't tend to do that.

CM is a priority area to strengthen if Victor goes and wide/striker with pace if Mane departs and it probably still is anyway as Juanmi has looked a fish out of water.

CB is another area under scrutiny as Yoshida hasn't had the best of seasons and who knows if Gardos will make an impact after that ACL injury and was already struggling to break through. Very reliant on Fonte and VVD.

Described in the article as 'prolific' with 10 goals this season - sorry, but that is nowhere near my definition of prolific, more like average.

Yeah might not score loads of goals but he'd suit this league imo. Would be a quality signing for us I think.

Indi or Kongolo will be all we need based on current squad. But we will need to replace Mane and Wanyama if either goes.

My preference for those two would be a straight swap with the club - Januzaj for Mane and the Ox for Wanyama. Nathan Redmond is also on the radar. Think We will survive without Wanyama with Romeu, Clasie and the ever improving JWP

I will be mad if we let Wanyama go and then stick with what we have.

Have to replace Wanyama's power. Clasie and Romeu aren't at his level, so that isnt a way to move forward.

Be a bit more aspirational, we play in the richest league in the world, we can and will afford to replace Wanyama with a starting quality player.

Indi or Kongolo will be all we need based on current squad. But we will need to replace Mane and Wanyama if either goes.

My preference for those two would be a straight swap with the club - Januzaj for Mane and the Ox for Wanyama. Nathan Redmond is also on the radar. Think We will survive without Wanyama with Romeu, Clasie and the ever improving JWP

You want Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to replace Wanyama?!

we will need to replace Mane and Wanyama if either goes.

Ox for Wanyama.

How is Oxlade-Chamberlain a replacement for Wanyama? They play in completely different roles. There is no way Oxlade-Chamberlain could do what Wanyama does for us.

Think We will survive without Wanyama with Romeu, Clasie and the ever improving JWP

I can't see the club being happy with Romeu as first choice. He is really a squad player, who'll get a decent amount of game time over a season. If Wanyama is sold we'll need to sign a first choice physical defensive midfielder, probably for pretty big money.

Januzaj for Mane

That would be a worrying drop in quality.

Just watching Wales / N.Ireland friendly. There is a young lad called George Williams playing in a wide role for Wales he does seem pretty useful. Only 20 years old and on loan at Gillingham from Fulham.

He was decent-looking when he first appeared as a teenager for Fulham when they were in the Prem about 2-3 years ago but seems to have gone sideways since his cruciate injury last season. Depends how much that affects him really.

I said Bas Dost a few times in previous threads I would take him on!

also would go for Ziyech to give us some creative flair

and whack in some decent right back cover.

that will do nicely

I was keen on us signing Bas Dost until I saw how awful he looked with the Netherlands playing long balls up to him, he looked terrible and utterly lost - but no different to the rest of the side at that point. His style is vaguely similar to Pelle, so makes sense.

For a Dutch striker, look no further than Vincent Janssen. He is the Eredvisie's top scorer and he was excellent last night. Hopefully, Wanyama will stay with us but if he doesn't, Jan Kirchoff would be the ideal replacement. He is big and commanding and he was the best player on the pitch in our 1-1 draw with Sunderland.

Accepting that Vic is almost a certainty to leave in the summer, how about Bazoer from Ajax?

Fits the bill for us really - young, talented international and has the obvious Dutch connection too.

Looked pretty good against England last night as well.

Bazoer would be a fine choice but with Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Juventus etc. following him I doubt the Saints have a chance. Though I gess it would be better for Bazoer to start at a club like Saints as he will get more time to play...

How is Oxlade-Chamberlain a replacement for Wanyama? They play in completely different roles. There is no way Oxlade-Chamberlain could do what Wanyama does for us.

I can't see the club being happy with Romeu as first choice. He is really a squad player, who'll get a decent amount of game time over a season. If Wanyama is sold we'll need to sign a first choice physical defensive midfielder, probably for pretty big money.

[/color]

That would be a worrying drop in quality.

Don't often agree MLG but I do on those observations. Wanyama fully-focused is an excellent player but very inconsistent and hasn't taken on that leadership role in the midfield on a regular basis as too distracted by his agents and hangers on. If we could get a similar replacement who was fully focused for about the £15m we'll realistically get for Victor that would be decent business. I agree that Romeu, Davis, Clasie and JWP are too samey though and we'd sorely lack that power Victor offers when he's in the mood for certain games. I still think we lack a decent AMC as well that can get forward and disrupt the opposition's back line - but is a developing JWP the answer?

Big no to Januzaj as a direct Mane replacement, perhaps as a loan and squad competition to another new permanent signing in that part of the squad. Might depend on whether J Rod gets somewhere near his former peak.

Ox-C - Good player but will go to West Ham or somewhere like that. Injury record is also a concern.

For a Dutch striker, look no further than Vincent Janssen. He is the Eredvisie's top scorer and he was excellent last night.

Last year he was still playing for Almere City, in the level below de Dutch eredivisie. Junior goalkeeper at Almere City at that time was Ronald Koeman Jr... Should be enough of a connection!

(probably not)

If Koeman signs enough dutch players we'll effectively become the Dutch national squad which plies its trade in the prem. Koeman could kill 2 birds with one stone and manage both at the same time. Then we get to watch saints compete in the world cup. It's the dream.

Now that would be something... :D

However, in that case it will be difficult to stay in the top 10.

Was reading yesterday rumours that Jordan Ibe is on the way out of Liverpool. Would he be of interest to Saints?

Looks an excellent propsect. Can't see liverpool selling him.

Agree with Bats. I'd imagine that there will be a fair few leaving Liverpool, but I wouldn't imagine Ibe is one of them. I've always been impressed when I've seen him play.