Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

In : Sven Van Beek (Feyenoord) Central Defender or Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao) Central Defender

Mohammed Ziyech (Twente) Attacking Midfielder or Ousmane Dembele (Rennes) Attacking midfielder

Gregorz Krickowiak (Sevilla) Defensive Midfielder

Out: Yoshida, Wanyama and Mane

We're not going to sign Laporte or Krickowaik. Both out of our league, too expensive and have higher ambitions for a start.

Still feels a little too early to be putting in targets, we still don't know what will happen with Mane and Wanyama. Neither have showed themselves in a decent light this season, so they won't be too sought after I'd have thought.

In : Sven Van Beek (Feyenoord) Central Defender or Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao) Central Defender

Mohammed Ziyech (Twente) Attacking Midfielder or Ousmane Dembele (Rennes) Attacking midfielder

Gregorz Krickowiak (Sevilla) Defensive Midfielder

Out: Yoshida, Wanyama and Mane

I meant hakim not mohammed!

Dembele with 2 assist tonight for Rennes.

Fantastic little player at 18. Huge potential.

This guy is very reliable re Belgian football:

@HLNinEngeland: Southampton have scouted Ghent goalkeeper Matz Sels (24) several times this season. No offers made as yet. #saintsfc https://t.co/s9YItW1OHo

@HLNinEngeland: #SaintsFC have watched Mats Sels in 7 games. Ross Wilson, Director of Scouting & Recruitment, did some checks on him as well.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Sigurdsson? He's been at Swansea a while and might be looking for a move. We could do with an attacking midfielder who is a bit more clinical in front of goal.

I would love us to sign Sigurdsson. Wanted us to get him when he left Spurs - But the problem is, he'd surely cost an absolute fortune.

But if you want goals from "No.10" position, he's fantastic.

[h=1]Manchester United, Arsenal & Barcelona scouts at Rennes vs Lyon[/h]A number of scouts from some of Europe’s finest clubs are present tonight at the Roazhon Park to watch the Ligue 1 encounter between Rennes and Lyon.

From the Premier League, Manchester United, Arsenal, West Ham United, Southampton and Stoke City representatives are present tonight.

Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Köln, Celta Vigo, Malaga, Espanyol, Fiorentina, Lorient and Nantes also have people at the fixture this evening.

Sigurdsson has 2 years left on his contract and likes it at Swansea, I reckon 10-15m will get him.

Should be our number one target, wanted him for the last couple of years but this season he's been the sole reason Swansea aren't in the relegation zone.

Chamberlain is probably the only one who is gettable and would want him, along with maybe Calum Chambers....not much English potential out there atm.

Maybe there is some younger talent?

-Redmond?

-Watmore?

Lewis Cook might be worth a look.

Whats Will Hughes upto these days?

Second Wijnaldum and Sigurdsson.

A goal scorer AM would be a good addition IMO, both of those fit the bill.

I also like the idea of Oxlaide Chamberlain, he needs football and he'd also be able to play in that AM position, but more likely for him to go to Liverpool I'd reckon.

Aside that it depends on outs, back 5 looks very solid. Wanyama looks like an obvious departure so a young replacement for him I'd reckon. Possibly Mane but he's been up and down so I suspect people won't be paying the £25 million we'd ask.

Forward line has plenty of options as well. The Squad overall is pretty good to be honest if all fit, so only if we can add quality, that's why I'd go for that AM because that is somewhere we need quality.

We aren't going to get better strikers, defensive mids or defenders than we already have without spending £25 million plus or unearthing a real gem. So I'd chuck £15-20 million at one of Wiljnaldum, Sigurdsson or the Ox and see who we can get.

Pelle out and Troy Deeney in would be great. Big and strong but has a better work rate than Pelle. Would cost £15m or more though I would have thought.

We'd be back to the "no pace" problem we had with Lambert up there then. Pelle can do it all and often does, not sure why people are so keen to get rid of him.

Would like to see any of the following:

Pione Sisto

Dennis Praet

Richard Bazoer

Aleverez Balanta

No English players making my list at the moment.

Bazoer is out of our league, he turned down a move to Napoli in January. If he leaves Ajax in the summer it will be for club that plays in the CL regularly.

Bazoer is out of our league, he turned down a move to Napoli in January. If he leaves Ajax in the summer it will be for club that plays in the CL regularly.

And his total transfer fee would be in the range of 50 million when you include all future bonuses. Thats not something Southampton will pay anyway. He's probably only going to leave Ajax for clubs like Barcelona, City, Bayern etc

In my opinion there are a few players the Eredivisie that are interesting. I've seen a few posts here now that include central defenders but no one has mentioned Bruma yet from PSV, thats the central defender i would buy if you shop in the Eredivisie. Has a great season and was absolute fantastic yesterday against Atlético Madrid. And he, well i think, might count as a homegrown player because his 3/4 years at Chelsea?

I think you have to be careful that you dont bring in too many Dutch players tho but for sure i would try to get Ziyech and Tete this summer, wont be easy tho.

To move on, we probably need a CB, an AM and another fast attacking player particularly if Mane does indeed go as many expect. Whatever happens, we need to finish the season strongly then add quality players who are hungry or who have proven they have the desire. Like the old times, we could probably do with drafting in a player who knows how to win a big title or two, and be a voice in the changing room.

And his total transfer fee would be in the range of 50 million when you include all future bonuses. Thats not something Southampton will pay anyway. He's probably only going to leave Ajax for clubs like Barcelona, City, Bayern etc

In my opinion there are a few players the Eredivisie that are interesting. I've seen a few posts here now that include central defenders but no one has mentioned Bruma yet from PSV, thats the central defender i would buy if you shop in the Eredivisie. Has a great season and was absolute fantastic yesterday against Atlético Madrid. And he, well i think, might count as a homegrown player because his 3/4 years at Chelsea?

I think you have to be careful that you dont bring in too many Dutch players tho but for sure i would try to get Ziyech and Tete this summer, wont be easy tho.

Preach brother preach me and Supersaint have been saying this for a long time.

Just seen on Sky Sports News that West Hams top two transfer targets are Wilfred Bony and Christian Benteke. I know they will pay stupid wages but we should be all over both of these. They would suit us down to the ground. Especially Bony!

Come off it, both have failed spectacularly after being hyped to the point of ridiculousness. They are has-been journeymen and Championship players at best.

Come off it, both have failed spectacularly after being hyped to the point of ridiculousness. They are has-been journeymen and Championship players at best.

Weird.

Can we all get some of whatever it is you are smoking?

Nevertheless we're not going to be able to match what West Ham might offer either of them. Not to mention they could both easily go to bigger teams on the continent.

Weird.

Can we all get some of whatever it is you are smoking?

Nevertheless we're not going to be able to match what West Ham might offer either of them. Not to mention they could both easily go to bigger teams on the continent.

They are both more expensive but not as good as Borja Baston though, who would probably score more goals than both of them combined over a season so, in a way, he is right: they are being overhyped, when there are much better value strikers out there.

Nice to get people's ideas/thoughts, but the main issue has to be ....who will stay /go?

What if ....Mane, Pelle and Wanyama were to stay? ....who would we sign then? ....Who would we need to sign ? Age has a bearing on this .

I have always been an admirer of Steven Davis, but 30 is a dangerous age in the Prem, and at 32.. Jose Fonte will have to be exceptionally good to hold onto his place.

The return of Florin Gardos will give an indication here ...Of course, he never got a look in with Fonte and Alderweireld in their last seasons' form, but like Yoshida ..a lack or regular game time doesn't give anyone a chance to shine...if indeed he is the real thing. If he can make the grade.?...he may eventually be Fonte's deputy at CB.

Here all the "ifs " come into play. Any player (in any position) who gets a " Jay Rod / Forster " type injury lay-off would make a big dent in a stable squad.

Those people who express their disatisfaction with both Cedric and Martina at RB - even though it's only their first season - forget that Clyne had a few nightmare games in his first season, and they haven't been that bad, and tbf ...being a good wing-back AND a top class defender is a rare combination nowadays.

The midfield ..even without Davis ..needs more soliditity. JWP and Clasie look a likely pairing, but we need a " Jimmy Case / Alan Ball " type to make it really tick.

If the (present) four strikers are still here - and on form - come August - we'd have a tremendous strike force. If one - or more goes..they'll be a new face. (den Bost?)

...at the end of the day (sorry - the season) it'll be down to Ronald, Les and " the Black Box ", and what we think ....will have little bearing on future signings.

Any chance of getting Coleman from Everton? One of the best RBs in the league a couple of seasons ago, he can't be happy with Everton's position in the table. I seem to remember he signed a new contract not too long ago though. We need better than Martina at right back.

Any chance of getting Coleman from Everton? One of the best RBs in the league a couple of seasons ago, he can't be happy with Everton's position in the table. I seem to remember he signed a new contract not too long ago though. We need better than Martina at right back.

Zero chance.