Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

http://readsouthampton.com/2016/06/19/de-boer-would-bring-milik-to-southampton/ According to Dutch outlet EuroSport.Onet, Frank De Boer would bring Arkadiusz Milik with him if he joined Southampton.

Onet.pl is totally unreliable, it's the polish equivalent of daily mail. Wherever FDB will go I don't think he will bring Milik with him as their relationship was far from the Koeman-Pelle level. Milik transfered to Ajax mainly thanks to Bergkamp and was benched on far too many occasions by FDB.

Would suggest to me that either Mane or Tadic are offski if we're signing both.

Maybe, but not necessarily. We're short of wide attacking options, now Juanmi and Ramirez have left, assuming Long will play through the middle from now on, and conceding that Rodriguez's mobility is now on a par with an asthmatic slug.

I think Mane's more effective through the middle too.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Hope we can get Kostic. Apparently he has a release clause of €15m, would be a great deal.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/03/filip-kostic-scouting-stuttgart-winger-liverpools-summer-radar/

Good report on Kostic, would be a record purchase by sounds of things...

Probably won't if he has that release clause.

Because? Media has reported for over 2 weeks now that Valencia will sign Kostic for around €12/15m and a €1.5m annual wage. Thats not that much.

I was saying he won't be a record purchase if he has that release clause as our record purchase is over 15m euros? :rolleyes:

We are interesting in signing a City youth player. All i know is that they're on a crazy amount of money for someone so young. Not sure if we'll match their wages.

Hmm... :suspicious:

He probably doesn't count as a youth player, but I wonder how Denayer is getting on there? Was highly rated back in the day.

Edited by SuperSAINT

We are interesting in signing a City youth player. All i know is that they're on a crazy amount of money for someone so young. Not sure if we'll match their wages.

There are plenty of very good ones to choose from..! Celina and Garcia particularly good.

There are plenty of very good ones to choose from..! Celina and Garcia particularly good.

Bruno Zuculini is brilliant on footballer manager :lol: (DM and already 23) understandable that he hasn't got a look in with all the money they spend and the players they have had in CM since he's joined.

Had many unsuccessful loan spells though.

EXCLUSIVE Southampton on the verge of signing Dundee Utd's in-demand prospect Kieran Freeman...

Aside from this little Q&A, there's some really good detail in that link, re: Ross Wilson & our chief Scottish scout.

freeman_2926164a.JPG

Edited by SuperSAINT

So when Koeman said the players coming through the youth system currently were not good enough, the powers that be agreed with him, thereby perhaps putting to bed the theory that he and the club fell out about that aspect of the club. Great that the club is again spending some money in that area to go with the training facilities. Hope he comes good like Lallana etc. did.

Aaron Tishbola is joining Norwich from Reading for around £2m. Will be a very, very good footballer.

Was recommended to Arsenal but they only offered half the money and not too keen as just signed Xhaka.

Would have been a great signing.

Can't understand why Reading are accepting to sell him at that price especially to a division rival.

Can't understand why Reading are accepting to sell him at that price especially to a division rival.

Believe some of the stuff doing the rounds the new owners have only taken the club to allow them to develop the land around the stadium - http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2016/5/31/11820830/reading-fc-royal-elm-park-enabling-development-mk-dons - and therefore it would not be surprising to see them be willing to sell/let players leave.

I have been working in Ireland for the past few days, and there was a snippet on RTE sports stating that both Us and West Ham have been interested in the Czech right back Pavel Kaderabek... Currently at Hoffenheim..

Right age and probably one of the Czech's better players in an otherwise mediocre side.

I've always rated Robbie Brady. Versatile and a cracking left foot.

likewise. I've not seen a lot of him, but whenever I have he's looked handy. Is he better than we have? Tough to sign players at this upper level without spending a small fortune, but there are gems out there that just stare you in the face. Maybe he is one of those?

Just popped onto Redmonds twitter and I found our perfect Wanyama replacement. Nathaniel Chalobah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_Chalobah

Good friends with Redmond, get them both in!

Interesting call. 2 years left on his contract at Chelsea, been there for years but never really gotten close to cementing a place in their matchday squad. Yet another 'victim' of Chelsea's policy of hoovering up a ridiculous number of young players that are realistically never going to play regularly for them. With Cork, Bertrand and Romeu, we've done well at picking up Chelsea's 'rejects'. In fact arguably the best value in the domestic market at the moment is in the huge squads at Chelsea and City.