Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Echo linking us to a 16m deal for Berahino!

Its not really the Daily Echo linking us, they are merely reporting what the local paper in the Midlands is saying here...

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/06/28/west-brom-transfer-news-southampton-want-to-replace-sadio-mane-with-saido-berahino/

Saido Berahino and Nathan Redmond have been good friends for a long time. Redmond started at Birmingham & they've been roommates with England.

Its not really the Daily Echo linking us, they are merely reporting what the local paper in the Midlands is saying here...

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/06/28/west-brom-transfer-news-southampton-want-to-replace-sadio-mane-with-saido-berahino/

Saido Berahino and Nathan Redmond have been good friends for a long time. Redmond started at Birmingham & they've been roommates with England.

Replacing Mane with these 2 and still having cash left over would be a cracking deal IMO!

There's a Venezuelan guy at Granada - Adalberto Peñaranda - who I thought might be a shout, but then saw he's actually contracted to Watford. However, if people are talking about prising away a Man City youngster, surely a Watford one isn't beyond the realms of possibility either?

Berahino clearly has talent but he's very prone to a tantrum when things don't go his way. Not particularly keen on having yet another player refuse to play and force a transfer in a year or two's time...

Berahino clearly has talent but he's very prone to a tantrum when things don't go his way. Not particularly keen on having yet another player refuse to play and force a transfer in a year or two's time...

Tbf he was kinda shat on by the chairman there!

if you could keep tantrum-prone players like Berahino and Ben Arfa happy, and give them a cuddle and a Werthers Original when they throw the toys out, they could be excellent additions....probably too much of a gamble I'd imagine from the club's perspective.

if you could keep tantrum-prone players like Berahino and Ben Arfa happy, and give them a cuddle and a Werthers Original when they throw the toys out, they could be excellent additions....probably too much of a gamble I'd imagine from the club's perspective.

Honestly you all need to forget about Ben Arfa.

Honestly you all need to forget about Ben Arfa.

I'm simply saying that they could be excellent if managed/hugged in the right way. Whether it's by us or someone else. I think we'd all be very surprised to see him, or Berahino for that matter, end up at SFC.

There's a Venezuelan guy at Granada - Adalberto Peñaranda - who I thought might be a shout, but then saw he's actually contracted to Watford. However, if people are talking about prising away a Man City youngster, surely a Watford one isn't beyond the realms of possibility either?

Peñaranda is another example for me how ****ed up the whole Udinese - Granada - Watford construction is. Great talent tho, was one of the standouts last year at the Sudamericano U20.

And I'd take every single one of them at Saints* - wouldn't you?

*Mostly but not entirely for our first XI

Wasn't an entirely serious comment and I'd trust players more created by our club, but really thinking about it for our first team? Every single one?

I'd have to say no.

Kane, Ali, Dier, Rashford and Clyne 100%, the rest of the players that played last night not so much.

Don't rate Rose or Walker, Smalling and Cahill not compared to Fonte and VVD.

Wilshere and Sturridge are permanent injuries.

Rooney I think is fast becoming a worn out talent.

Sterling is one of the most over rated players I've ever seen and just don't get the fuss or why he cost £50 million out of form or not as I kind of feel a wide forward should be able to cross, shoot and pass. I mean aside raw pace his technical ability compared to Tadic is like comparing a sunday league player with a pro IMO.

I have questions marks over his attitude but that's an interesting signing and I think we'd get him back to his best and then some.

I'm not sure how he passed the background/attitude audit from the black-box :)

Very talented player in there if he can get his head straight.

I have questions marks over his attitude but that's an interesting signing and I think we'd get him back to his best and then some.

Defiantly worth a go MP desperately wanted him at spuds and he's a fair judge the only reason there not in for him now is levys a stubborn *wat

Personally I think he managed the situation quite well.

The thing with spurs? I agree. I was talking more about coaching

Pulis* "What the **** was that Sadio son"

Sadio* "That was me beating two men and rolling it past the keeper gaffer.."

Pulis* "Not in my team son. You're a striker son that means I want you just in front of the area"

Sadio* "Yeah gaffer on the shoulder of the last defender on the edge of their area"

Pulis* "For the love of god son. Not their area son our area just in front of the other ten players defending our box like a proper striker"

Sadio* "Errrrr OK gaffer......"

The Sun running with the Berahino story too too: https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/1355150/southampton-set-to-gazump-stokes-16million-bid-for-west-brom-striker-saido-berahino/

Not sure on the credentials of either journalist. I'll probably get more excited if John Percy reports it - He's one of the best Journo's around that area.

I assumed Stoke would be close to sealing a deal for him.

According the LOSC forum they say we are interested for sure in Boufal and think we would be the perfect club for him but also Chelsea and Sevilla are interested and if they firm up their interest with an offer he will go to Chelsea.

Imagine replacing Gaston / Juanmi / Mane with Ben Arfa / Berahino / Boufal

Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton will hold talks with Sofiane Boufal's agent this week over potential transfer from Lille #afc #cfc

Not sure this one is a goer really given prospective competition and €25-30m asking price. Only chance we'd have is if the player decides a couple of seasons at a club like ours, where he would have a much stronger chance of playing would be best for his development.

Not sure this one is a goer really given prospective competition and €25-30m asking price. Only chance we'd have is if the player decides a couple of seasons at a club like ours, where he would have a much stronger chance of playing would be best for his development.

I'm convinced Spurs will be in the race for him.

Also, LOL @ Arsenal being interested in a creative No.10. They never sign those do they?!

The thing with spurs? I agree. I was talking more about coaching

Pulis* "What the **** was that Sadio son"

Sadio* "That was me beating two men and rolling it past the keeper gaffer.."

Pulis* "Not in my team son. You're a striker son that means I want you just in front of the area"

Sadio* "Yeah gaffer on the shoulder of the last defender on the edge of their area"

Pulis* "For the love of god son. Not their area son our area just in front of the other ten players defending our box like a proper striker"

Sadio* "Errrrr OK gaffer......"

[emoji122][emoji1]

"According to latest reports in Spain, Saints are on the verge of completing a move for a striker from Tenerife, will he fare better than the now departed Juanmi.

The player in question is called Alexander Mesa Travieso or Nano for short and appears to be one for the future rather than ready to step straight into the first team.

The 21 year old has been wanted by both Aston Villa and Newcastle United, but according to Spanish newspaper Marca, the player has flown into England and is about to sign for Saints."

"According to latest reports in Spain, Saints are on the verge of completing a move for a striker from Tenerife, will he fare better than the now departed Juanmi.

The player in question is called Alexander Mesa Travieso or Nano for short and appears to be one for the future rather than ready to step straight into the first team.

The 21 year old has been wanted by both Aston Villa and Newcastle United, but according to Spanish newspaper Marca, the player has flown into England and is about to sign for Saints."

Is he related to Nando?

Sorry, just being silly. Is he any good?

I read he was speaking to Chelsea, Seville and Saints. Only chance of moving to us over Chelsea is playing time, think he'd rather go to the PL than Seville due to money reasons.

Berahino is almost a Mané look-alike and even his first name is almost the same. Makes him a good replacement all round. Says he still feels Burundian, as that is is homeland but has English nationality so wouldn't be lost for overseas competitions such as the African Nations Cup. Even with Pelle, Long, Austin and Rodrigeuz he would be a good addition but seeing what fees have been mentioned before, Stoke's bid looks a bit light. The doubt is about attitude which Les will have thought about hard if considering a bid because it would probably be a club record fee.

I can't help but feel this is someone putting Saints into the equation to hurry Stoke up over Berahino. Suddenly we need a forward and have money available, so it's an easy link.

Would agree with this. Stoke must have been working on this deal since January.

Needs to come from a more credible source before I take it seriously.

I can't help but feel this is someone putting Saints into the equation to hurry Stoke up over Berahino. Suddenly we need a forward and have money available, so it's an easy link.

I have a feeling with £40-50 million 'cash' we could be used for that a lot.

I'll be gutted if Everton sign Morgan and we don't even try, we need a holding mid, he'd settle quickly as he knows the club/set up and we'd probably be able to keep for longer now he's been burned at a big club.

Still dreaming of a Chambers, Ox and Morgan return.

Hell at Behrahino to that plus Redmond signed, new deal for Tadic and that would more than compensate for the loss of Mane and Wanyama.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/sofiane-boufals-agent-to-meet-with-chelsea-arsenal-southampton/

Chelsea and Southampton have shown the most interest in Boufal, but it mentions that the player has attitude problems which may put off Puel.

Boufal / Berahino / Ben Arfa

Have we been searching for players with the "Technical skills" / "Goal Threat" / "Attitude Problems" filters ticked on the Black-box?!

I would entertain the idea of Berahino because I don't think he's a bad kid from what i've seen/heard, more badly advised and possibly not the brightest. Probably knows his 'big club' move ship has sailed and we'd be his next best option i'd imagine.