Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

that'll be the RB slot we apparently want to fill. I wonder which of the current players will depart?

I never understood why Cedric didn't get more game time, unless it was due to health and safety concerns with his head injuries! If the club don't rate him enough to be a regular starter then I assume he'd move on? However the article says this guy can play in a few positions so maybe just a squad addition rather than a replacement?

I am thinking of a club who, last summer, signed a nondescript full back on a free transfer. Obviously this club had absolutely no ambition at all and we would never want to be anything like them.

Who could I be thinking of.

Theres passion in what you say .....nice to hear it all the way from Canada

Interesting, however it wasn't Mane that messed up the way we play well it is Pelle.....That doesn't mean it is a priority to move him on but we played our best football last season when Pelle wasn't in the team....

We are ultra easy to predict playing a hopeful ball to Pelle when he plays .... No sir Mane allowd us to play fast pacy football and also bring out the best in other players I.e Long and Tadic....

I am thinking of a club who, last summer, signed a nondescript full back on a free transfer. Obviously this club had absolutely no ambition at all and we would never want to be anything like them.

Perhaps Leicester

So Leicester signing Fuchs means any full back on a free is a good signing?

Sound logic.

If we sign Pied and he is better than Cedric and Martina then great. If he isn't then its pointless.

if we are to get another RB, could Cedric be played on the wing? He certainly has the pace, might (if you listen to some) not be good at defending. Crosses a little erratic, but maybe his better position would be one involving less defending.

So Leicester signing Fuchs means any full back on a free is a good signing?

Sound logic.

If we sign Pied and he is better than Cedric and Martina then great. If he isn't then its pointless.

Pied plays at full back either side and also can play in a more advanced position. He's a journeyman utility player. Thought he was going to St Etienne though, that's what's being said down at Guichard.

Pied plays at full back either side and also can play in a more advanced position. He's a journeyman utility player. Thought he was going to St Etienne though, that's what's being said down at Guichard.

If he would be brought in as a utility option then I would rather an academy player were used when our first and second choice RBs and LBs were unavailable.

If he is better (or more reliable) than Cedric and is a starting player then fair enough to bring him in.

Wouldn't be much of an endorsement of the fabled black box if we're signing our third right back in a year - having had plenty of time to prepare for Clyne's exit in the first place.

I can only assume we're looking to cash in on Cedric if we're adding a bang average journeyman right back to the squad. Can't imagine anyone wants to buy Martina.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

From another forum........

We've asked after the availability of 2 current EPL strikers and an England international midfielder. This is from their current clubs. Lets see if JS comes back with the names.

If we need additional seats why do we need to reduce prices (I'm assuming this is what you mean by "be sensible")?

And if we are reducing prices why would that create "more match day revenue"?

More match day visitors will raise more revenue but only if this is through off-field spending. Many years ago when we were considering our new stadium options I had several discussions with EBC about the business planning. Man Utd could have sold out their ground several times over but made a conscious decision to have a high turnover of occasional visitors because they would visit the club shop and buy all the Ryan Giggs bedspreads and other branded junk whereas the regulars might only buy one a year. As an example they sold more Schmeichel replica shirts than any other club sold in total. Newcastle extended their brand through the the city with shops and mannequins of Les Ferdinand and others at the airport. It's all one big marketing ploy and the revenue doesn't just come through bums on seats.

Expanding our stadium would be a pure business choice and I doubt that the motive would be to reduce prices. It's entirely up to the owners.

But PL football has gone a long way since then; Really there is no place for the so-so in the PL any more, Villa and Newcastle have proved that in a spectacular way.

Are you joking? Half the league is so-so. The quality last season was dreadful.

It will be better this season in the top quarter with the decent managerial appointments that have been made but when you've got the likes of Bournemouth, Watford and West Brom staying up comfortably you've got a complete so-so of a league.

Wouldn't be much of an endorsement of the fabled black box if we're signing our third right back

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

If the rumours are true it must have a nationality switch! All of a sudden it's stopped looking at Dutch or Dutch league players and it's gone all French!

TBF it's a tool and still needs a human to make a decision regarding the outputs and humans are prone to unconscious bias!

Got to say I hope that pied piece is rubbish. Signing a journeyman full back back slash utility midfielder who wasn't good enough to make the nice team is hardly inspiring. rather we invest heavily in first teamers and leave room below that for youngsters rather than block their path further with this type of filler signing.

The whole meltdown talk on here is ridiculous. It's a forum. People give opinions, concerns etc on the club and why shouldn't they? Maybe the mod's should add a section for fans who can express their thoughts and concerns without people replying with insults. What makes me laugh is that if we were all in a pub, and one of us said "I'm concerned that we've not signed anyone yet to replace xxxx', no one would reply with "oh boo hoo you big baby, have a meltdown you pathetic cretin" etc etc. You'd nod your head and have a reasoned discussion. At least every human I've chatted to in my 40 years has anyway. I just don't get it. We care and take interest in what the club does/doesn't do. Isn't this the whole point of a forum?

The other day someone said that very thing to me in a pub. A saints fan said he was worried we hadn't signed anyone to strengthen the team, I said he was a pr*ck, should trust in the club and shut up. He replied that pubs these days are full of wan*ers who won't listen to his opinion and the good drinkers have stopped coming to that pub and you can se why! The barman gave me a 2 point infraction for insulting another drinker and said 10 more and I'd be barred. Strange old world ain't it.

The other day someone said that very thing to me in a pub. A saints fan said he was worried we hadn't signed anyone to strengthen the team, I said he was a pr*ck, should trust in the club and shut up. He replied that pubs these days are full of wan*ers who won't listen to his opinion and the good drinkers have stopped coming to that pub and you can se why! The barman gave me a 2 point infraction for insulting another drinker and said 10 more and I'd be barred. Strange old world ain't it.

I've been in that pub and the bloke running it hadn't got an effing clue. I keep telling him that if he sold all his beer at fifty pence a pint he'd be packed out every night, make loads of money, sell loads more peanuts and also be building for new generation of drinkers to come back again and again forever. Plus he's got like a huge catchment area as well or something. Build an extension into the car park I keep telling him.

He's not having it. Small minded.

Inevitable Google search, brought this article up:

http://www.dw.com/en/bayern-munich-midfielder-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-confirms-club-exit/a-19279446

“Club hunting sounds a little desperate,” Hojberg said. “I'm going out and finding the right match, I'll go out and find something that suits me. However, it is clear that it does not need to be a top club. I need to find a place where there is perspective.”

So looks like he's seeking somewhere to develop. Presumably before rejoining the Big Club circus.

Trouble is I thought we were after a big unit to replace VW does he fit the bill ?

I've been in that pub and the bloke running it hadn't got an effing clue. I keep telling him that if he sold all his beer at fifty pence a pint he'd be packed out every night, make loads of money, sell loads more peanuts and also be building for new generation of drinkers to come back again and again forever. Plus he's got like a huge catchment area as well or something. Build an extension into the car park I keep telling him.

He's not having it. Small minded.

:lol:

As mentioned before, being linked to Hojbjerg. Massively rated at 15/16 which lead to him getting a Danish cap (albeit political reasons). Would make sense with Puel. Development has stalled a little. About £12m quoted online.

Sounds like our sort of signing... Anyone know what sort of midfielder he is? Is he a Vic replacement or more of a Steve Davis?

Don't be stupid. We're not signing anyone more as we are relying on two injured forwards and the kids and are certain to be relegated before the Euros have finished, before the transfer window has closed (which obviously means more players leaving) and before we have kicked a ball.

Sounds like our sort of signing... Anyone know what sort of midfielder he is? Is he a Vic replacement or more of a Steve Davis?

I've not seen that much of him, but he doesn't seem that attack-minded. Relatively big lad (about the same size as Romeu) who likes to sit back and ping the ball around (bit like Classie).

He's also half-French!

If we need additional seats why do we need to reduce prices (I'm assuming this is what you mean by "be sensible")?

And if we are reducing prices why would that create "more match day revenue"?

I didn't say reduce did I. You really are a boring c*nt.

Supposedly after this guy.

German news outlet*Kicker*are reporting on Sunday that Southampton are set to sign Danish international*Pierre Højbjerg from Bayern Munich.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Wanyama replacement?

Some of us are amateurs and put faith in the club's professional employees to get recruitment correctly organized.

As an aside, why is it often those with Saint in their name that are the melts?

Why is it often that posters with a high post count have nothing better to do than post on here 24/7 and spend most of there time telling other posters that they are melts or bedwetters because their views do not tally with theirs.

Edited by Saint Billy