Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

Twitter @gustav_tornby

The agent of Pierre-Emile Højbjerg has now confirmed that he's moving to Southampton FC. Great move for him, finally.

Easy lads I think I see where this one is going...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/05/31/bayern-munich-star-eager-to-join-liverpool-and-learn-under-jurgen-klopp-pierre-hojbjerg/

Guess we are doing Liverpool's development work again ?

Wanyama replacement?

Looks like a Schneiderlin replacement with more offensive qualities.

Looks strong in the tackle, can keep the ball, can spray cross field balls and good trough balls, can dribble through the middle at will.

Seems like a very good signing.

I didn't say reduce did I. You really are a boring c*nt.

But at current prices we don't have maximised demand or a season ticket waiting list, and I thought people were saying high prices was the cause of that.

So to be absolutely clear here your idea is to expand the ground but there will be no reduction at all in ticket prices. That's going to upset quite a lot of people that argue for stadium expansion because making tickets more affordable to more people is often a massive part of their argument.

But you didn't say that so I apologise. Expansion but no reduction in prices at all. Clear.

But at current prices we don't have maximised demand or a season ticket waiting list, and I thought people were saying high prices was the cause of that.

So to be absolutely clear here your idea is to expand the ground but there will be no reduction at all in ticket prices. That's going to upset quite a lot of people that argue for stadium expansion because making tickets more affordable to more people is often a massive part of their argument.

But you didn't say that so I apologise. Expansion but no reduction in prices at all. Clear.

If I said night time was dark you'd argue with me. As I said before, you're boring.

Why is it often that posters with a high post count have nothing better to do than post on here 24/7 and spend most of there time telling other posters that they are melts or bedwetters because their views do not tally with theirs.

Too many of those on here. Must lead pretty sad lives

Another under the radar signing, think we are probably wasting our time reading the rumour mills seems like the club doesn't let many details slip.

Hopefully we've got a player like this lined up for Mane as well.

Why is it often that posters with a high post count have nothing better to do than post on here 24/7 and spend most of there time telling other posters that they are melts or bedwetters because their views do not tally with theirs.

Cos the wife has dragged me off to foreign climes and it is too hot for my fair skin while she tries to frazzle herself. 35c it OK in the shade out of the sun's rays. Plus, the place we are staying at seems to have a strange idea what a curtain is supposed to be for!!

But as I said, not that its needed, everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions. But basing it on the fact that the board/club don't know what they are doing, makes the conjecture to be completely baseless given the past 7 years of work that they have done. Or are we to believe that the board have suddenly completely lost it, which if so, would lend much more credence to those opinions

I heard that unless moves for other targets fail, it's unlikely we will go for Berahino.

Strange but given his conduct last season and sulking about not moving from WBA my initial thought on Berahino is that he's a pack of trouble best avoided. But after Mane's departure I think he might be a half decent option, get his head sorted and a good season out of him we'd probably double our money next summer. As that seems the business model it'd probably be worth trying for him.

Anyone know what sort of formation we are likely to play this season? If we're going to play two up front I don't think a Mane replacement is quite so important. Even with the loss of the two (with Pelle to come) we can still put a good team out and a strong bench.

Is that the Mane replacement?

Last story about tello was that he'd cost less than that (clause) and that he rejected us & Liverpool.

He's an orthodox right winger.

I think we need someone a little more versatile in the Chamberlain mode. (Speaking of which, that's gone incredibly quiet - I don't just mean a link to us - he's not really linked with anyone)

..The poor lad's been conned by Les into the believing in the project.

#PuelOut

Not at all, according to an interview he was expecting a small club with no ambition (it's ok, we have perspective dance-tap.gif ) ...

The midfielder has looked set to leave the Allianz Arena after telling Danish newspaper BT: "I want to leave and find the right place for me. I need to find something that fits me.

"It's clear that it won't be a top club. I want a place where there is a perspective. That's important for me because I've experienced a lot at only 20 years."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10497547/pierre-emile-hojbjerg-to-join-southampton-says-players-agent

Strange but given his conduct last season and sulking about not moving from WBA my initial thought on Berahino is that he's a pack of trouble best avoided. But after Mane's departure I think he might be a half decent option, get his head sorted and a good season out of him we'd probably double our money next summer. As that seems the business model it'd probably be worth trying for him.

Redmond surley a better option than berahino and nearly as much experience

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Redmond surley a better option than berahino and nearly as much experience

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

I will be far more excited about us signing Berahino than I was Redmond (and I was genuinely happy we did sign the latter). I think Berahino is exactly the type of player we need, given that Puel apparently likes to play by breaking fast - and often with 2 up top.

In fact, Berahino is the one player - who we can genuinely sign - that I really want us to get. (I would also be happy with signing Theo, but think that completely unrealistic.)

Would love to go for Sissoko, even though rubbish for Newcastle I wouldn't judge on that. Play him further forward, more power, could play in the Davis or Mane role.

Based off his performance in this tournament yes, but I don't know I'd want a player that only tries if he feels like it.

Jack Schitt has posted on the other forum.

And it reads like total ********.

Quite enjoyed his earlier snippets, but the latest strikes me as ****e.

Agreed, all he's done is list three players we've been heavily linked with in the past, and the contract stuff wouldn't even hold up in an episode of eastenders.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Perhaps too convinient that all the No.10's he mentions have been linked already?

You'd have thought a genuine ITK on here would know if he was talking "schitt" or not.

All he's done is list names that have been in the press, I could have wrote that and no one would have told me. I'd have just read it online.

If you are 'ITK' you do not get that level of detail and information, you get little snippets. There's too much specific detail for anything he says to be genuine.

His name is clearly that for a reason, he's wumming that lot a good'un

Would be a great replacement for Vic as a destroyer - but would probably be too expensive.

Leicester probably don't need him unless they sell Kante.

All he's done is list names that have been in the press, I could have wrote that and no one would have told me. I'd have just read it online.

If you are 'ITK' you do not get that level of detail and information, you get little snippets. There's too much specific detail for anything he says to be genuine.

His name is clearly that for a reason, he's wumming that lot a good'un

What is interesting about what he said is that we want a number 10 AND a replacement for Mane. The Echo said differently, so let's wait and see if we sign multiple similar players.

Perhaps too convinient that all the No.10's he mentions have been linked already?

You'd have thought a genuine ITK on here would know if he was talking "schitt" or not.

He said that was all he was allowed to mention tbf.

I think personally we need to wait until the end of the Summer to see if he's talking **** - it's strange if he is talking **** because he's so rarely on the forum that he's not getting the adulation someone like that would crave.

I think personally we need to wait until the end of the Summer to see if he's talking **** - it's strange if he is talking **** because he's so rarely on the forum that he's not getting the adulation someone like that would crave.

Apart from tweeting about his info being "exclusive to sotonians" which is a bit weird.

Surely after the rubbish he spouted about who we were appointing as manager, no-one actually takes this guy seriously?

That's all he is allowed to mention because he knows nothing more than us.

Jeez, we have known about Praet since last summe,Boufal & Stanciu for about a month and he comes up with the name of the new guy a day after the story broke.

For a club that is so secretive and does its business under the radar, his source has a bloody big mouth

That's all he is allowed to mention because he knows nothing more than us.

Jeez, we have known about Praet since last summe,Boufal & Stanciu for about a month and he comes up with the name of the new guy a day after the story broke.

For a club that is so secretive and does its business under the radar, his source has a bloody big mouth

Probably rubbish but I quite enjoy reading his tweets and posts. Better than the negative stuff I read elsewhere TBH. I have good mates who talk rubbish sometimes, but I really enjoy being around them.

So far we have sold 4 players + Koeman for approx 64mill. New TV deal + record sponsorship deals, Saints should be sitting quire pretty finiancially.

We will have spent around 20mill on Redmond & Hojbjerg. 2 players with excellent potential.

Still need a GK and replace Mane and Wanyama at bare minimum imo.

Fine to sell high but need to invest to make sure we strengthen not weaken the squad. Will have to wait until end of window to judge.

Hojbjerg Was a name out of. The blue , I am sure we have targets and signing to come. The saints way is to do talking in private, The players that have left would have gone this summer with or without Koeman,

keep the faith more signings before end of August.