Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Seriously, how on earth do you know that Koeman doesn't have any morals? This hate campaign against him is pathetic. He has been an excellent manager for us and from what I've heard, he wanted to see out his 3-year contract. I was really looking forward to next season with him in charge. It's true he didn't want to extend his current contract yet but there was no reason why he had to do that now. From what I've heard, Les Reed has forced him out a year early. Does that mean Les Reed had better morals than Ronald Koeman?

You maybe right but we're still speculating and I find it more likely that he didn't wanna sign an extension or even see out the current contract simply cause he had a better offer. And that, similar to delph at villa happened literally days after denying he had any interest in the everton job. Anyway IMO its even worse to try and pick apart the team you walked out on just weeks ago by poaching its best players. I think atleast out of respect he should take his money and look for talent elsewhere.

As I said at the weekend, it will drag out for a while not for any other reason than these things do actually take a bit of time. They always did, its just that now a days we hear much earlier about the possibility that something might happen.

ref15....does that stand for Retard Everton Fan

The highlighted bits probably answer the question tbh........

Dont miss your appointment at the jobseekers

alright soft lad less of the insults and grow up. we are having a debate here. no need for the insults. im sure you will get your chance when you visit goodison to remind us to 'sign on' ......zZzZZzzZZZZzZZZzzzzzzzZZZ.

the bit about scott dann was quoted from one of your fellow saints fans on here - my reply is after this.

not sure why you've highlighted 65 million?

Seriously, how on earth do you know that Koeman doesn't have any morals? This hate campaign against him is pathetic. He has been an excellent manager for us and from what I've heard, he wanted to see out his 3-year contract. I was really looking forward to next season with him in charge. It's true he didn't want to extend his current contract yet but there was no reason why he had to do that now. From what I've heard, Les Reed has forced him out a year early. Does that mean Les Reed had better morals than Ronald Koeman?

I think that maybe you're going a bit far the other way, but given all of the info available I'd suggest you're closer to the mark. The true ITKs on here have indicated for some time that the powers that be at the club aren't impressed with all of Koeman's methods and if he was unwilling to sign a contract extension I'd imagine they just decided to make the change a year early.

Surely it's possible for no one in this situation to be acting like a ****?

I think that maybe you're going a bit far the other way, but given all of the info available I'd suggest you're closer to the mark. The true ITKs on here have indicated for some time that the powers that be at the club aren't impressed with all of Koeman's methods and if he was unwilling to sign a contract extension I'd imagine they just decided to make the change a year early.

How dare you bring a reasonable suggestion like that into this turd flinging competition.

You've gotta to laugh at the willy waving appearing on this thread, mine is bigger than yours etc. Couldn't give a toss about who is a bigger club as it would never change who I've supported all my life. So, you've won something years ago, just means you were good once, well done! It means naff all today, just ask Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, I'm sure they will be great again in the future. We can't change what happened yesterday but saints have done a damn good job of setting ourselves up for success tomorrow with or without Koeman.

That's my post done for the next five years, back to lurking.

The longer the silence from the club the more I think we already have our new man in place and are just waiting for all the i's to be dotted before we go live with it. It will be someone we haven't discussed on here on in the press.

alright soft lad less of the insults and grow up. we are having a debate here. no need for the insults. im sure you will get your chance when you visit goodison to remind us to 'sign on' ......zZzZZzzZZZZzZZZzzzzzzzZZZ.

the bit about scott dann was quoted from one of your fellow saints fans on here - my reply is after this.

not sure why you've highlighted 65 million?

I wouldn't worry about ALWAYS, the Saints fans on here hate him too. In fact he does nothing but slag off other posters.

thanks for biting lad.

No evidence to suggest you will be signing world beaters either. No European football to offer, and Lukaku wants out, potentially Stones too. - nobody is saying we are going to go out and sign 'world beaters'. But like it or not all signs at the moment with this new owner are looking positive. Hes been here 100 days and hes sacked the fraud Martinez, our ground move is looking very positive for the first time in years, and hes landed his #1 Target…your manager (without European football).

As for transfers we will be certainly be shopping in a different market this summer to what we have been used to over the years.

As ive mentioned, we managed to take your manager…without European football!

You are utterly deluded if you don't realise you are the second team in your city. - I was not stating that wasn't the case. but for Saints fans to use that against us is just a pathetic and desperate way to try and play us down. your derby is Portsmouth ffs…laughable.

Scott Dann is ****e, but so are your first choice centre halves so might be a decent move – our CB’s aren’t as bad as you like to tell yourselves. Our defence has been leaking goals due to Martinez’ management. Its well documented defence coaching under him is minimal and he doesn’t practice set pieces. Stones is 22 and an England International valued around 40M. Mori has only been over here 6 months and is being linked with Barca and a couple of Italian Clubs. Hes also a regular for Argentina and rated highly by messi & co. Jagielka is a solid PL defender and another England international, although hes probably in his final year with us.

two of those could be gone soon. - the sooner Lukaku goes the better. His goals helped us a lot last season but hes no world beater. He scored a handful in a team that knows nothing more than attack. He goes missing a lot of games (when it mattered at Wembley he was absolutely atrocious) He would do well at PSG. Man United/Chelsea/Real/Bayern for eg would not put up with his lack of a first touch, inability to score 1 on 1’s/pens and the fact he goes missing too often. He would be benched. if we get the reported 65 Million for him it would be absolute robbery. that cash will be re-invested in the squad. If stones is sold, it will also be for a lot of cash which will again be invested in the squad.

We're on the march with Ronnie's Armyyyyyy

Will you be buying a new orange shell suit? Would also come in handy for weddings/court appearances.

I heard from a source that actually the staff at St Mary's were caught off guard a bit by Koeman opening talks with Everton and it was a bit of a panic station down there. If I hadn't heard that, I'd probably be thinking like you. Or maybe somewhere in between - they did have long term plans to replace Koeman, but weren't expecting to have to act on them so suddenly.

Any of you clarify whether the move is any closer? I appreciate the scepticism but it would appear you were badly wrong.

We haven't heard anything other than the Sky reports saying announcement today, anyone else shed any light on this?

that would be in the privacy of every press conference he has given for the past few months where he has stated time and time and time again he will be manager of Southampton next season then :mcinnes:

The Everton link looks more and more like speculation. For the manager of the 6th-placed club with European football guaranteed, to move to the 11th-placed club wouldn't seem very likely unless something very exceptional was on offer, which doesn't appear to have been the case, especially as several other names are being mentioned. If the information about a contract extension is right that would be great for the club, not only because of Koeman's performance in the job but also because it would imply that his terms for the club to demonstrate ambition had been met. He might be tempted to see out this last year and have these conversations this time next year when other opportunities might be open to him so getting him signed up now would be a good job well done by Les Reed.

Why are they still clinging onto the fact that he may be their manager?

There is more chance of me being their new manager.

The only thing dodgy about those stories is the idea that he was ever going to Everton.

We got a right good giggle at the Everton fans because of that though :lol:

They could well be having to do a serious reality check now.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just found this on the Grand Old Team forum....

Got to hand it to Everton FC.

Aimed high for Mourinho, expected Koeman........now Giggs is being talked about as a real possibility

:lol:

Dear god, that's some serious delusion, I almost feel sorry for them. :scared:

Rumour was that Koeman dumped his agent due to the Everton link, that his name shouldn't even have been associated.

It's probably his ex agent trying to cause issues with the current negotiations at Saints.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

At the moment six places, sixteenth points and a Europa place above a nobody spouse team, and two places, three points and a Europa place above a deluded scouse team.

Maybe with their history Everton could get David Starkey to manage them, more chance of that than Ronald Koeman...

Any of you clarify whether the move is any closer? I appreciate the scepticism but it would appear you were badly wrong.

We haven't heard anything other than the Sky reports saying announcement today, anyone else shed any light on this?

No idea but for everyone's sake I just wish it could be done with, one way or t'other.

The longer the silence from the club the more I think we already have our new man in place and are just waiting for all the i's to be dotted before we go live with it. It will be someone we haven't discussed on here on in the press.

I presume it's taking a while as Everton didn't immediately agree to our opening demand for compensation and we're now well into the tedious haggling phase (faxes are probably involved). I wouldn't read anything more conspiratorial into it than that.

Everton probably thought Southampton would just roll over and be tickled on the tummy and let him go easy as.

The fact he's costing you around £12 million for one years salary and compo is bloody hilarious.

And yet you made 2 basic errors. Oh well.
Oh well . . . . anyone can call "errors" as you have, ergo, mere use of semantic subterfuge, so don't be shy, do point out the errors please. . . . . And because aspects of Grammar can be contentious at an erudite level and being aware of the same as I am; please do note the use of the word "SOMEWHAT" in my initial reply whence eradicating the "Childish" errors - get the point?;) I hope so.

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but an ex-employee of Everton (who is followed by BBC chief writer Phil McNulty, as well as Owen Gibson - chief sports correspondent for The Guardian) has seemingly got a bit of the inside track on what's happened here. It's on Twitter:

Three days before Everton sacked Roberto Martinez, someone at EFC made contact with Guido Albers to discuss Koeman's availability. Albers told Everton that Koeman would not be interested, at the time he was discussing a new deal for Ronald to stay at Saints. Albers suggested Frank De Boer, who he also represents.

Koeman found out what was on offer, and ditched Albers before signing up with Rob Janssen of Wasserman agency.

Albers is still De Boer's agent, so I guess if Les gets on with the agent and takes a shine to De Boer we could have our man...

He's going to Lazio instead! :wave:

In all honesty I suspect only a handful of people really know what's going on.

Pretty much. That FSA warning / disclaimer " Past performance is no guide to future success" should be tattooed on the foreheads of some of these people. You can play 'where are they now' with the long list of ex top clubs who now aren't - Newcastle, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Ipswich, Nottingham Forest, Derby to name a few.

The FSA disclaimer also applies to us.

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but an ex-employee of Everton (who is followed by BBC chief writer Phil McNulty, as well as Owen Gibson - chief sports correspondent for The Guardian) has seemingly got a bit of the inside track on what's happened here. It's on Twitter:

Three days before Everton sacked Roberto Martinez, someone at EFC made contact with Guido Albers to discuss Koeman's availability. Albers told Everton that Koeman would not be interested, at the time he was discussing a new deal for Ronald to stay at Saints. Albers suggested Frank De Boer, who he also represents.

Koeman found out what was on offer, and ditched Albers before signing up with Rob Janssen of Wasserman agency.

Albers is still De Boer's agent, so I guess if Les gets on with the agent and takes a shine to De Boer we could have our man...

Makes sense with everything that has gone on. In which case Ron's ambition will be about the money that was on offer. Could Albers have been sacked for being an honourable agent for a change?

Makes sense with everything that has gone on. In which case Ron's ambition will be about the money that was on offer. Could Albers have been sacked for being an honourable agent for a change?

Depends which way you look at it.

If, say, Everton took De Boer and Saints extended Koeman's deal - that's two lots of commission for Albers.

As it is, Albers has lost Koeman and unless he gets De Boer into a job somewhere, he's totally empty handed. He could still get De Boer into England, with us, and earn himself some £s.

Trouble is, we'd be better served with a few million from EFC, plus a clause regarding non-poaching of staff (excluding two named coaches). Otherwise, he improves his golf handicap for a year and then comes knocking next season, with nothing to prevent him from doing so.

There is clearly something holding up the process. Sounds plausible that it is this....

Gardening Leave would surely still mean we have to pay him his current contract, plus his temporary replacement.

Better that SFC doesn't overdo the compensation claim lest Everton decide it is too much bother to continue attempting to sign Koeman.

Is it legal to not allow a player to move clubs because of a managers history? Feels like a restraint in their rights to work wherever they want to really?

Aye. Probably covered by some EU freedom of movement law or suchlike. Hmmm....Perhaps we should try dragging this out until after the referendum.... ;)

You've gotta to laugh at the willy waving appearing on this thread, mine is bigger than yours etc. Couldn't give a toss about who is a bigger club as it would never change who I've supported all my life. So, you've won something years ago, just means you were good once, well done! It means naff all today, just ask Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, I'm sure they will be great again in the future. We can't change what happened yesterday but saints have done a damn good job of setting ourselves up for success tomorrow with or without Koeman.

That's my post done for the next five years, back to lurking.

Amen!

Wish you posted more often mate

Everton probably thought Southampton would just roll over and be tickled on the tummy and let him go easy as. - based on?

The fact he's costing you around £12 million for one years salary and compo is bloody hilarious.

- again desperate measures to make yourselves feel better. we aren't concerned one bit about the cost. Moshiri knows what hes doing with his money.

cant wait to come to your're place next season, maybe you will have a full house?

Could Albers have been sacked for being an honourable agent for a change?

Or, reading between the lines differently, maybe Koeman was simply hacked off that Albers effectively went behind his back in not initially telling him about the Everton approach. Perhaps if Albers had consulted Koeman first, Koeman could quite possibly have told Albers to tell Everton he wasn't interested and none of this would have blown up as it has. Who knows....

has he ****ing gone yet? this is getting boring - also yet more scouse or wannabe scouce C\/nts signing up to tell us how much money their new boyfriend has is beyond tedious - can we have a block on new members please? Or is Steve enjoying the increased ad revenue too much?

- again desperate measures to make yourselves feel better. we aren't concerned one bit about the cost. Moshiri knows what hes doing with his money.

cant wait to come to your're place next season, maybe you will have a full house?

And if we do they will all be able to see the game. Unlike at the sh*tehouse you call home. Mug.

I predict another 14 bites.

Meanwhile, here's a picture of Bobby Davro...

EU-vtLGf.jpg

All the more reason that you should be questioning why you're spending so much on Koeman.

You're just saying that to make yourself feel better, there's no way you know he knows what he's doing. For starters he hasn't gone for a manager from his own research he's just looked at the league we're in and thought ah Southampton have punched above their weight lets get him! When in fact the better Dutch manager was waiting in the wings all along (Frank De Boer) according to our Dutch saints posters anyway.

Of course you aren't, most supporters couldn't give a fig about it. But as an owner, a fool and his money are soon parted. So he of course doesn't want to over spend, unless he is a fool. And given that he has gone from a relatively lowly employee at KPMG and E&Y to supposedly being a billionaire, then I suspect he isn't a fool.

There would have been a few gaps against everton last season as it was the opening game, therefore in august so I can only assume some of us were on holiday.....having a job means we can afford to do this

This is how I see it as well .

Koeman is not the bad guy here and the hate being thrown his way has been engineered by Saints themselves .

We are also being incredibly cocky and arrogant towards Everton by slagging off Koeman .

Its quite possible he was as good as we could afford .

We may not be able to afford a better manager and/or wouldn't appeal to one either . We just may end up going backwards after all this .

I don't like Koeman but Saints may have been better off allowing him to run his final year while arranging the next manager in advance .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We don't really need to, I'll just start an 'Everton Takeover Saga' thread.

It would seem the historic activities of Moshiri's long time business partner Alisher Usmanov would certainly be worthy of a few pages...

Ref15 . He doesn't know what he's doing with his money . He's invested in you to start with . He will not see a return on his money .

Koeman is not the bad guy here and the hate being thrown his way has been engineered by Saints themselves .

We are also being incredibly cocky and arrogant towards Everton by slagging off Koeman .

We may not be able to afford a better manager and/or wouldn't appeal to one either . We just may end up going backwards after all this .

I don't like Koeman but Saints may have been better off allowing him to run his final year while arranging the next manager in advance .

At. Armstrong linked to this:

Now if that is true (which it may or may not be), how does that fit in with how you see it?

With the amount of sh*t you slung at Koeman for being clueless all of last season, if we can't get a better manager than that then we might as well sack off next season now. :rolleyes:

Or, reading between the lines differently, maybe Koeman was simply hacked off that Albers effectively went behind his back in not initially telling him about the Everton approach. Perhaps if Albers had consulted Koeman first, Koeman could quite possibly have told Albers to tell Everton he wasn't interested and none of this would have blown up as it has. Who knows....

The idea that an agent wouldn't tell his client about a more lucrative move (and more commission for himself) is laughable.

As I have said before, it's a stitch up.

At. Armstrong linked to this:

Now if that is true (which it may or may not be), how does that fit in with how you see it?

Like anything it is possible . He was demanding Saints show more ambition and was possibly frustrated at the upcoming sales of our top players again . Hence why he hadn't signed .

Koeman may have used the Everton info to argue his case to Saints .

If nothing else Saints didn't have to give Everton permission to talk to Koeman . He could have finished his final year and allowed us to find the manager we want rather than make do with whatever we can get .

Hell this new direction thats been mentioned might have been further cost cutting and to aim for survival rather than Europe . The new TV deal will still make Saints plenty of profit .

I just think we don't need to carry on like the jilted ex . Saints made to choice to end it now . Not Koeman

I'm aware you're just having a bit of fun seeing how many of us you can manage to bait, but I'd wait to see how Moshiri's money pans out before you get too carried away. As many others have said on here, there have been plenty of other rich investors getting involved in English football clubs and it doesn't always end rosily. See Newcastle, Aston Villa, Pompey, QPR etc.