Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

?? Danny Blind is doing a good job of turning the Dutch around; why would he be replaced ?

Whats likely is that Koeman is getting assurances that the next stint as Holland manager is his and how long it is likely to be until that comes to fruition. From there he can negotiate his length of contract with whichever parties he wants, most likely Everton. Even if Erwin is a sticking point with Everton, Koeman is gone now on principle. Most Saints fans have also made it clear they don't like the way Ron has behaved over this and quite fancy a manager upgrade anyway. So win, win all round... well for us anyway.

Hi guys :)

Everton fan in peace. And I promise in peace. :)

Just wanted to say thankyou for letting us have Koeman at such a reasonable price. Don't know if there was a clause or anything LOL. But most of us are just happy that Martinez won't be there next season.

Would you like him? :D

Just kidding of course. Any ideas who you will go for?

Emery, De Boer, Pellegrini or someone similar. Any of them would be an upgrade on Koeman. Just remember Ashtonian, that Koeman was within 2 games at most from getting the sack in December. We now can get rid of him and also get £5 million in the bank. He will not be the saviour that you might hope for.

Just wanted to say thankyou for letting us have Koeman at such a reasonable price. Don't know if there was a clause or anything LOL. But most of us are just happy that Martinez won't be there next season.

Probably De Boer who we wanted ahead of Koeman previously but he wasn't available then. We may take a punt at Emery but like you lot we are probably not yet in his league. AVB is probably in the running. Pellegrini as a big outsider.

Whats likely is that Koeman is getting assurances that the next stint as Holland manager is his and how long it is likely to be until that comes to fruition. From there he can negotiate his length of contract with whichever parties he wants, most likely Everton. Even if Erwin is a sticking point with Everton, Koeman is gone now on principle. Most Saints fans have also made it clear they don't like the way Ron has behaved over this and quite fancy a manager upgrade anyway. So win, win all round... well for us anyway.

That's the spirit pal.

Loving the fact Koeman is so thrilled with the prospect of managing Everton that hes fcked off on holiday,rather than read up on their great history

Unless he has the watered down kindle version with him ?

He's gone to get some glass ceilings so he can help Everton smash them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the fact Koeman is so thrilled with the prospect of managing Everton that hes fcked off on holiday,rather than read up on their great history

Unless he has the watered down kindle version with him ?

Don't be silly! Everybody already knows everything about Everton's incredible history!! :rolleyes:

Emery, De Boer, Pellegrini or someone similar. Any of them would be an upgrade on Koeman. Just remember Ashtonian, that Koeman was within 2 games at most from getting the sack in December. We now can get rid of him and also get £5 million in the bank. He will not be the saviour that you might hope for.

This passive-aggressive stuff from both sides is an absolute bore.

Same deal as when Pochettino left. Thanks for your time, best of luck in the future and we'll move on and improve. No different to when anyone leaves any other workplace.

Whilst Koeman doing a dramatic last minute change to become Holland manager would be hilarious in one sense, it'd probably just lead to Everton chucking more silly money at someone we'd like to replace him with, so probably not all that great for us anyway. Just want him to hurry up and **** off now, and enable us to get our replacement and settle down.

So Koeman is so impressed with Everton and so determined to work for them that they put 7m on the table - he doesn't sign and goes on holiday!!!! You couldn't make it up....

I am just curious how the Everton multi squillionaire will react when Koeman wins a game and makes five changes to the personnel and changes the system completely for the next match..... Also how will the Squillionaire react to a sequence of one win in ten matches????

You might well regret this rude incursion Evertonians - good luck - you will need it, he is no world beater as many have said.... In fact it has often been said he is too clever for his own good and this episode kind of proves it.... Weird does not begin to describe the choice he has made - pure greed. It's not even as though Everton are anywhere near as big as Spurs even..... On the slide as a club and it would be a surprise if Koeman is talented enough to reverse that direction.... If you had properly researched your data, his managing traits, results and some of his good fortune i.e. that Pelle got injured and he was forced to play the better Shane Long who won us a shed load of points at a time when Pelle was not delivering anyway and we were really struggling etc etc...

He was lucky in the end or we would have finished 10th or 11th at best if Pelle had not got injured and forced his hand.

So 7m based on a handful of decent games where his team selection was forced and not based on his strategy.

He also likes his holidays btw, even when things are not going so well, picks his favourites indefinitely and doesn't favour bringing through youth. Also many of his substitutions were like his behaviour now - totally bizarre and without logic or reason.

I think many Saints supporters were very angry to start with - like I was but now, in the cold light of day we will be better off with one of the very talented other managers that will be applying for the post of running a team built on long term strategy, bricks and mortar as opposed to money and rash knee jerk decisions to go poaching an ordinary manager who had a touch of good fortune and that's all...

We will see but don't get your hopes up too much......

Reed did make a clear point recently that Pochettino was the hardest working Manager he has come across and was always at the TG and knew names of all youth players. I think they would like some of that again.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-how-scouting-philippe-coutinho-paved-the-way-for-mauricio-pochettinos-arrival-at-tottenham-a3240441.html

As an aside this was fairly interesting I thought.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/05/harry-kanes-insatiable-appetite-for-self-improvement-makes-him-o/

Not hard to see why MP was successful and why he was a perfect philosophical fit for us at the time. Must be one of the best managerial appointments in PL history when we got Poch, given he was fairly unknown and quite different to the norm.

Howe strikes me as potentially the most similar character. Known for work ethic and meticulous planning.

Just a snippet of information for you:

John Stones wants out.

Is it worth a cheeky bid from Les, leaking it via the Telegraph that the lads wants European football and to challenge himself in a top 6 team?

Don't care if it's all ********, if I was Les I'd do for just for fun. **** em.

Nothing has even happened yet, people overreacting. I'm just going to wait and see what's happens. I'm still hoping Ron will stay.

Wow seriously? There is no way he will be managing us next season. What's your thought process here mate?

And I also recall QPR Flyer, I think it was. He was full of analysis about how each player in their team was superior to our equivalent. Whatever happened to him following their decline?

I saw him on the box the other night with his son Jamie, proper football people.

maybe he'll turn up in soton saying he told everton to shove their job up their arses (and we'll later find out he failed a medical)

(a la david brent)

Are you saying you cheated medical science just so you could stay at Southampton?

Koeman: oh no ;)

maybe he'll turn up in soton saying he told everton to shove their job up their arses (and we'll later find out he failed a medical)

(a la david brent)

if he sacks his agent and re-hires the one who told him to stay at Southampton then yeah.

i wouldn't be very impressed if I was hiring someone for 7 million a year and he ****s off on holiday before signing on the dotted line.

Perhaps we should have a Poll.

Reason why Ronald Koeman hasn't signed the Everton contract

a) He's staying at saints

b) He's holding out for the Holland job

c) He's holding out for Everton to agree that his brother can come with him

d) He wants more money

e) He's hoping Barca comes in with a swooping offer

f) It's all a dream and we will wake up in the shower

g) The corpse of Jeremy Beedle whips off his Erwin masks and says we are all Game For A Laugh

h) It's holiday time and there is planty of time to sign over the summer,autumn,winter,spring

i) He just wants his 7 million so he can roll about in it, with some stuck in his ears on fire, until he signs on the dotted line.

j) He'll only sign when Rudi Skácel has

k) He'll only sign for Everton as long as their Millionaire moves them to the South Coast as it's too cold up north

l) He wont sign until they give him his war chest........in an actual war chest........and in dubloons.

m) He's a little bit worried that the MIrror poll about him being a success has the 'NO' vote at 50 %

n) He wants an assurence that if he stays, he's allowed to call John Stone, Joss Stoned.

o) Ronald wants to know why Farhad Moshiri isn't Sheik Farhad Moshiri before he signs

p) Ronald is afraid that he may confuse Farhad Moshiri with Eric Morcombe

q) After smoking a bad Jamaican Woodbine on holiday, he has had a bad trip where he thinks he has signed for a team of Chewy Confectionary

r) He thought he was going to be manager of the other team from Liverpool

s) Based on his experience of Jurgan Klopp, he is afraid that spontanous, orgasmic movements on the touchline is an expectation of Liverpudlian football

t) He is still upset at Bill Kenwright refering to his brother as Erwin Rommel

u) He knows they have a long and proud history, but can't understand why they are called the toffees and not the Mints

v) He would like to sign but his last agent, that Guido mother****er, stole his only pen

w) He would like to sign, but first wants to know who this 'Whack' character is.

x) He would sign but wants assurences he wont be refered to as some dodgy amaerican cutlery manufacturer from the seventies, i.e. Ronko

y) He wont sign until the individual that removed the wheels from his Daimler gives them back.

And finally,

z) He wont sign as he is an honerable man of his word, who said he would see out his contract at Southampton and intends to do just that, and this is all his new agents doing and a lot of speculation in the media.

Edited by Secret Site Agent

Perhaps we should have a Poll.

Reason why Ronald Koeman hasn't signed the Everton contract

a) He's staying at saints

b) He's holding out for the Holland job

c) He's holding out for Everton to agree that his brother can come with him

d) He wants more money

e) He's hoping Barca comes in with a swooping offer

f) It's all a dream and we will wake up in the shower

g) The corpse of Jeremy Beedle whips off his Erwin masks and says we are all Game For A Laugh

h) It's holiday time and there is planty of time to sign over the summer,autumn,winter,spring

i) He just wants his 7 million so he can roll about in it, with some stuck in his ears on fire, until he signs on the dotted line.

j) He'll only sign when Rudi Skácel has

k) He'll only sign for Everton as long as their Millionaire moves them to the South Coast as it's too cold up north

l) He wont sign until they give him his war chest........in an actual war chest........and in dubloons.

m) He's a little bit worried that the MIrror poll about him being a success has the 'NO' vote at 50 %

n) He wants an assurence that if he stays, he's allowed to call John Stone, Joss Stoned.

o) Ronald wants to know why Farhad Moshiri isn't Sheik Farhad Moshiri before he signs

p) Ronald is afraid that he may confuse Farhad Moshiri with Eric Morcombe

q) After smoking a bad Jamaican Woodbine on holiday, he has had a bad trip where he thinks he has signed for a team of Chewy Confectionary

r) He thought he was going to be manager of the other team from Liverpool

s) Based on his experience of Jurgan Klopp, he is afraid that spontanous, orgasmic movements on the touchline is an expectation of Liverpudlian football

t) He is still upset at Bill Kenwright refering to his brother as Erwin Rommel

u) He knows they have a long and proud history, but can't understand why they are called the toffees and not the Mints

v) He would like to sign but his last agent, that Guido mother****er, stole his only pen

w) He would like to sign, but first wants to know who this 'Whack' character is.

x) He would sign but wants assurences he wont be refered to as some dodgy amaerican cutlery manufacturer from the seventies, i.e. Ronko

y) He wont sign until the individual that removed the wheels from his Daimler gives them back.

And finally,

z) He wont sign as he is an honerable man of his word, who said he would see out his contract at Southampton and intends to do just that, and this is all his new agents doing and a lot of speculation in the media.

What about nothing has been heard from either Saints , Everton or RK officially and its all paper talk and agents rubbish ?????

Koeman is going. All we are waiting for now is for the two clubs to agree compensation.

We must move on quickly and get our new manager in during the next 10 days.

Then live in hope that we get 17th place next season?

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone at Everton has seen the light just don't want the flabby faced journeyman at Goodison had enough of management without ambition from Moyes. It appears a rite of passage for newly monied outfits to spunk a load of dough on some no mark as a first appointment then gradually morph into Villa, Liverpool or Newcastle. Koeman will be the luckiest manager in christendom if he gets the Everton job on the wages quoted.

Seems most likely he is off - pity if so, especially as he has repeated so many times that he would at least honour his current contract. Money and greed is a lot of what is wrong with society in general these days, and hopefully it is just a phase in the human lifecycle - would like to think we have evolved to care about people rather than possessions - anyway I know I am being a sentimental caring old tw#t, but that's me - can't help it!

As for RK - very mixed feelings! Would love him to stay and sign a new extended contract and see if we can push on within a financial structure the owner(s) are happy with. It would seem (rightly or wrongly) that NC did not share that view and hence left. There is possibly an argument that RK has taken us as far as he can within the present set up, and the club are not willing to go further (which is entirely up to them of course). So without further (possibly massive) investment Ron may feel he cannot achieve much more with us - and I tend to agree, 6th for me this year was a miracle. So is having him stay for the final year of his contract and then leaving good for us? Personally I don't think so - sign a new long term contract or leave - sad but better in the long term IMHO.

The big worry I have is that we have been extremely lucky / skillful / canny or whatever in our managerial appointments in the new regime, and can we carry on? Certainly hope so, but think we are pushing our luck - and please not Giggs!

Koeman is going. All we are waiting for now is for the two clubs to agree compensation.

We must move on quickly and get our new manager in during the next 10 days.

Except that if they can't agree compensation RK won't be going anywhere unless he is sacked. Then we won't be getting loadza swag in compensation. We might be paying him for this year, perhaps on gardening leave, when he doesn't want to be here.

Except that if they can't agree compensation RK won't be going anywhere unless he is sacked. Then we won't be getting loadza swag in compensation. We might be paying him for this year, perhaps on gardening leave, when he doesn't want to be here.

I was thinking about this scenario earlier. I assume as we hold his contract he cant work for anyone else unless we agree to let him go? It is almost worth it for the "up yours" value to pay him for doing nothing for year!