Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Keeping my fingers crossed that someone at Everton has seen the light just don't want the flabby faced journeyman at Goodison had enough of management without ambition from Moyes. It appears a rite of passage for newly monied outfits to spunk a load of dough on some no mark as a first appointment then gradually morph into Villa, Liverpool or Newcastle. Koeman will be the luckiest manager in christendom if he gets the Everton job on the wages quoted.

Many of your buddies on the Grand Old Team forum don't share this view. he is going to lead you to so many titles and trophies, it will make you go all funny.

Get used to being a very direct team

It isn't happening. I has been a giant hoax! Oh and he has gone off on another holiday so it looks like nothing will be said until he returns.

if no pictures and 'VT' of ronald in the stands at Goodison by this eve, something is not as it seems.

he will still take over up there but something may be a bit off

if no pictures and 'VT' of ronald in the stands at Goodison by this eve, something is not as it seems.

he will still take over up there but something may be a bit off

Yes, he has gone on another holiday. I sh*t you not! Word is that he will not be unveiled until he gets back!

Yes, he has gone on another holiday. I sh*t you not! Word is that he will not be unveiled until he gets back!

He likes his holidays.. It seemed every time we won or even drew the players had Sunday-Tuesday off. Poch wouldn't have had that. The situation stinks and Koeman has lost the respect of a lot of people, not just at saints. Genuinely think we can do better than Koeman

Koeman is going. All we are waiting for now is for the two clubs to agree compensation.

We must move on quickly and get our new manager in during the next 10 days.

This is the nub of the matter. The club can't rush the compensation negotiations because too much money is at stake but it is holding up the appointment of the replacement. Hopefully, they are going as far as they can in identifying their targets so that it can be done and dusted very quickly once the Everton deal is done. If Koeman's plan did fall apart I can't see the club allowing him to carry on as if nothing had happened, even if we had to pay him compensation, as it looks like its all gone far to far.

he has probably already signed for everton pending saints compensation package. he has probably already had said pictures in the stands up there

he has probably already signed for everton pending saints compensation package. he has probably already had said pictures in the stands up there

I thought the same. Flew back last week. Done the pics and vids, flew out for more hols.

Nothing has even happened yet, people overreacting. I'm just going to wait and see what's happens. I'm still hoping Ron will stay.

After all that's happened over the last few days I don't think he could stay here even if he wanted too!

South Today just said announcement is due tomorrow morning.

I suppose if they keep saying it, eventually they will be right (or wrong). Clearly they have no idea, like everyone else. Sky is running the story that the announcement is imminent, but when the guy from Goodison speaks it is clear he has no knowledge of anything factual at all. Do wish they would get the matter sorted, it is impacting on our plans for next season now. Hopefully Les already has the successor in place and lined up for an announcement as soon as Ron is gone.

I suppose if they keep saying it, eventually they will be right (or wrong). Clearly they have no idea, like everyone else. Sky is running the story that the announcement is imminent, but when the guy from Goodison speaks it is clear he has no knowledge of anything factual at all. Do wish they would get the matter sorted, it is impacting on our plans for next season now. Hopefully Les already has the successor in place and lined up for an announcement as soon as Ron is gone.

Don't worry too much, the manager doesn't choose new signings by himself and that process will be in motion. Ron was always going to have a couple of weeks off as well so nothing is a problem yet. If we still don't have a manager by end of fortnight then we should start to get worried.

Reckon the merry-go-round had all started prior to the awards dinner based on Les Reed's off comment on Koeman's performance - there was something definitely there in his face that said "I don't want to answer that one right now". And if that is the case, then I suspect Koeman's successor has already been chosen, approached and contract in place all bar the signatures. That's the way the club rolls.

John Motson weighing in and saying he doesn't know why everyone's saying Everton are attractive because they're a big club when it's Saints who are a top six club.

Go on Motty, stirring it all back up again. :lol:

The hint is in bold.

Reckon the merry-go-round had all started prior to the awards dinner based on Les Reed's off comment on Koeman's performance - there was something definitely there in his face that said "I don't want to answer that one right now". And if that is the case, then I suspect Koeman's successor has already been chosen, approached and contract in place all bar the signatures. That's the way the club rolls.

Along with Zlatan's silence, it's written we'll have the biggest name in world football managing with the biggest striking name, signing. Right? ;)

The bin dippers are all over us on here! It's almost as if they have something to prove - certainly not the reaction you'd expect for such a BIG club.

Perhaps deep down they can almost hear the collective 'Everton? Why's he going there?' reaction that takes place when most people hear the story.

The bin dippers are all over us on here! It's almost as if they have something to prove - certainly not the reaction you'd expect for such a BIG club.

Perhaps deep down they can almost hear the collective 'Everton? Why's he going there?' reaction that takes place when most people hear the story.

Not many of the big fours fans come on here - quite telling

Are you that thick ,actually suppose you are

Haha, Motty voiced and contributed hugely to the story of Everton video some years ago he's probably laughing his cock off at you right now.

Trying to compare Everton with Southampton via the last 2 league campaigns is like saying Columbia presently occupy 3rd place above 4th placed Germany in the fifa rankings so ignore the vast gulf in pedigree and history and put your money on Columbia in the next world cup!!!

You're a funny guy.:lol:

Seriously, someone needs to get a grip on these small time Evertonions. Never known anything like it.

Maybe the Brighton fans came close.

It says a lot when even Poopey don't go to these measures!!! :lol:

It is ******* hilarious mind :D

I think Koeman's god fed up with everyone else and gone on holiday and told em to sort it out. Maybe even has his eye on the dutch job. Pretty solid poke game by RoKo.

John Motson weighing in and saying he doesn't know why everyone's saying Everton are attractive because they're a big club when it's Saints who are a top six club.

Go on Motty, stirring it all back up again. :lol:

I've caught me a few whoppers in there haha!

First LFC take your players! Then the City of Liverpool take some of your Cruise line business (helped with European money )! Now EFC take your manager ! What next ? can we have some wood from the New Forrest , so we can burn effigies of Cameron & Osborne ? x

Looking forward to the slow desperate decline ala Villa when their new messiah realises that money alone isn't the way to win anything, gets bored, loses interest and the money dries up. They're one of the many teams of the past that tasted some success and think it'll continue ad finitum. Good luck with that. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

haha , you cant knock a bit of fishing , all in jest,, I will delete my account now , by the way my 1st chioce was De Boer with Staam & Overmars as backrrom staff, Koeman was a close 2nd, looking forward to our games next year they should have a bit of an edge to them x

The thing is, so many clubs have tried this approach. New owners come in and want to make a mark with a great 'big bang' approach, we're going to do this and this etc etc. It very rarely works, and a lot of the 'promises' are never seen.

Look at QPR....apparently they were on course to be the mega team in London, new stadium, world famous players. They spent stupid money on the likes of Julio Cesar, Remy, Vargas, Isla, Granero - etc etc. That didn't end well, what so ever.

Our own little friends down the road tried the same. Defoe, Crouch, Sol, Kaboul, new stadium in the harbour - it was going to be amazing. Now look where they are.

The big bang approach rarely works. Keeping your own council and doing things within your means will ultimately reward you long-term. I wouldn't get too excited just yet Everton.

I wonder if the hold up has been caused by Koeman suddenly realising that Everton is in Liverpool...

Yep.

Reckon the hold up is that he's actually been there now (I'd guess he has, anyhow?); and now the cold reality of the situation has sunk in........what, I'll have to go there......EVERY DAY??!!

They won't announce him while on holiday will they? If not then this is going to end up around 100 pages.

I'm on p81 already. Just change your view of the site in the settings, that'll skip everyone forward a few days. :D

It really is funny seeing so many of them desperate for some sort of validation :lol:

The need for validation is as endearing as it is desperate.

Please, sir, remember our history. What's that after you strip out the usual cliches about Dixie Dean and a brief spell of success in the 1980s that was at any rate, overshadowed by their neighbours? The sh*thouse dullness of the Moyes and Royle years? The nosebleed heights reached by Mike Walker? Their widespread reputation as a racist club? Daniel Amokachi :lol:

Glorious history that.

Edited by shurlock

What the dippers seem to fail to grasp is that it's not we think Saints are a bigger club than EFC but we don't think either club is a big club.

What they don't seem to get for me is that if Koeman's going there it's only because they're potentially hugely overpaying him. Everything else is irrelevant.

They could also get an actual top 10 manager for the money they're paying for him.

I think its quite cute that Everton are using this situation to remind everyone that they are 'a big club'. Forever in Liverpools shadow. I actually quite liked them before but after all this ******** I think it is Liverpool as a whole thats clearly full of ******s.

As per the debate, I dont really get the want to move from Saints to them, Saints are clearly on the up and things have been reletively stale at everton recently. It is obviously an attractive proposition, a wad of cash and the promise of a strong future, but is it worth it ? We all know Koeman wont go for longevity, even the Evertonians dont deep down. He is destined for a big team, arsenal, liverpool, milan, barca. And then there is his CV, a top for finish will just be pointed towards moshiri and his millions, anything less a failure.

For me it speaks more of something going on at saints, I know some will no doubt berate me for saying it but did the contract renewals go stale ? Was there a bigger falling out ? There was of course a point everyone including Koeman just saw Evertons offer as an annoyance. But I think its more than just the money personally.

Its a bit of a worrying trend that we lost two good coaches prematurely, and does for me point at that reluctance to go to the next level.

All in all though this is Saints, its the badge that matters more than anything or anyone else, and we have come back before, no doubt we will again.... Hopefuly