Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

I think its quite cute that Everton are using this situation to remind everyone that they are 'a big club'. Forever in Liverpools shadow. I actually quite liked them before but after all this ******** I think it is Liverpool as a whole thats clearly full of ******s.

As per the debate, I dont really get the want to move from Saints to them, Saints are clearly on the up and things have been reletively stale at everton recently. It is obviously an attractive proposition, a wad of cash and the promise of a strong future, but is it worth it ? We all know Koeman wont go for longevity, even the Evertonians dont deep down. He is destined for a big team, arsenal, liverpool, milan, barca. And then there is his CV, a top for finish will just be pointed towards moshiri and his millions, anything less a failure.

For me it speaks more of something going on at saints, I know some will no doubt berate me for saying it but did the contract renewals go stale ? Was there a bigger falling out ? There was of course a point everyone including Koeman just saw Evertons offer as an annoyance. But I think its more than just the money personally.

Its a bit of a worrying trend that we lost two good coaches prematurely, and does for me point at that reluctance to go to the next level.

All in all though this is Saints, its the badge that matters more than anything or anyone else, and we have come back before, no doubt we will again.... Hopefuly

the thing is,Kpeman is taking a big gamble with his career. Yes he can walk to the bank smiling, but if he fails at a 2nd grade club like Everton he will never get a big job.

I always felt that Poch would go on to better things when he left, but I'm not sure that Koeman has got that little extra. It will be funny if Big Dunc is one of the first people he pushes out, as that will really put RK on the wrong foot

Edited by OldNick

Haha, Motty voiced and contributed hugely to the story of Everton video some years ago he's probably laughing his cock off at you right now.

Trying to compare Everton with Southampton via the last 2 league campaigns is like saying Columbia presently occupy 3rd place above 4th placed Germany in the fifa rankings so ignore the vast gulf in pedigree and history and put your money on Columbia in the next world cup!!!

You're a funny guy.:lol:

We know our place..it's you guys needing to be told you are a massive club. What is it finished above Liverpool 16 times in 70 odd seasons? You do know they haven't won the league for over 20 years?

But yeah you are the size of Liverpool just on a much much much smaller scale...TBF you remind me of Bournemouth they have a similar desperate need to prove themselves!

We know our place..it's you guys needing to be told you are a massive club. What is it finished above Liverpool 16 times in 70 odd seasons? You do know they haven't won the league for over 20 years?

But yeah you are the size of Liverpool just on a much much much smaller scale...TBF you remind me of Bournemouth they have a similar desperate need to prove themselves!

They have t won the league for 30years

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-poised-confirm-new-manager-8127187

But his eye for a player after signing Van Dijk, and his desire to give youth a chance – he has handed debuts to five Academy players in two years at Southampton – made him an attractive prospect for the Blues.

None this year.

The season before - Jason McCarthy got 3 minutes, Dominic Gape got 1 minute, Jake Hesketh 52 minutes, Ryan Seger 18 minutes, Matt Target 668 minutes. And where are they now?? Targett is bit part, the rest don't even feature.

Looking forward to our trip to St Mary's next season. Who knows - you might even fill your ground for once.

Come on GuineaPig. You've got one more post left, better make this one count. You know you can do better. Even by your standards your attempts at trolling have been very disappointing tonight.

P'mousse, I thought that this second one of his wasn't as good as his first one, but still not bad. Yes, could do better, but seen worse.

I mean.. lets all be honest. Ron is about to get a £6,000,000 a year contract and is currently on a yacht somewhere whilst we are all online using this as a catharsis like a group of working class ****s pulling boring and original old cliches to try and one-up anonymous persons on an internet forum... I'm pretty sure no one is coming out of this looking good.

RK may be a fan of James Ward Prowse, but is the opposite true?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3520912/Dusan-Tadic-pondering-away-Southampton-Ronald-Koeman-s-abrasive-management-style.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

James Ward-Prowse and Sadio Mane are among others who feel their confidence has been dented by Koeman's abrupt manner though they are still in contention for a European place ahead of the game at Premier League leaders Leicester City.

I mean the part about Tadic seemingly ended up being accurate...

Come on GuineaPig. You've got one more post left, better make this one count. You know you can do better. Even by your standards your attempts at trolling have been very disappointing tonight.

To be fair, they were never going to live up to the standards of Barry Sanchez...

Ever thought that maybe just maybe your academy players were not good enough?

TBF he does have a point with this one. I'm sure all managers would promote youth if it was good enough but we haven't really had anything special in the youth team for a couple of seasons now.

In short it's a cliché, everyone says it. Koeman is no better or worse than most other managers in that regard.

TBF he does have a point with this one. I'm sure all managers would promote youth if it was good enough but we haven't really had anything special in the youth team for a couple of seasons now.

In short it's a cliché, everyone says it. Koeman is no better or worse than most other managers in that regard.

But the academy seemed to be good enough with Poch. Harry Reed for example featured a bit under Poch, hardly at all under RK and not at all this season just gone. Has he suddenly gone backwards?

Most of the academy players that we would have been playing now instead bankrolled our first team.

But how many would go beyond simply not promoting them and decide to criticise them wholesale in the press?

But the academy seemed to be good enough with Poch. Harry Reed for example featured a bit under Poch, hardly at all under RK and not at all this season just gone. Has he suddenly gone backwards?

He's a strange case. Came in, played well against Everton in that 2-0 own goal comedy fest then barely got a look in. The signing of Romeu has knocked him back in the pecking order somewhat but he rarely even made the bench. Only time I can remember him playing this season was when Koeman reluctantly brought him on at Norwich after Wanyama got himself sent off. Shame.

No he hasn't gone backwards (Reed that is) and that was one of Koeman's judgements I always found strange; in that he commented in a post-game interview (I think it was v Everton ironically) after Harry Reed had played a really good game, that the lad lacked technical abilities or words to that effect. He hardly featured again at first team level.

Actually he made 4 league apps under Poch and 9 in Koeman's first season. More to the point we've got Clasie and Romeu and before that Cork and Morgan. Most of Reed's first team appearances came in the half season after Cork left, when Morgan was the only other option next to Wanyama.

Just seen the highly original, 'suburb in Portsmouth' joke. The supreme irony being that Everton is one of the few clubs in the Premier League which genuinely is just a suburb of it's biggest rival. They are infact the FC Cosham of Liverpool.

Most of the academy players that we would have been playing now instead bankrolled our first team.

This. Aside from JWP and Targett only Reed is nearly good enough to be in the first team setup and you couldn't play him and Clasie together anyway as both are tiny.

Who else was Koeman meant to play? A few went on loan and struggled to get starts at MK Dons and Southend whilst the defenders are not better than what we have in the first team.

Who else was Koeman meant to play?

I would have liked to have seen Hesketh get a few more sub appearances after it became obvious that Juanmi wasn't up to much. The next few decent players to come through still look a season away from getting any squad time.

No he hasn't gone backwards (Reed that is) and that was one of Koeman's judgements I always found strange; in that he commented in a post-game interview (I think it was v Everton ironically) after Harry Reed had played a really good game, that the lad lacked technical abilities or words to that effect. He hardly featured again at first team level.

Must have been a great confidence boost for the young lad that. Won't have pleased Les either considering he held him up to be one of the academy's brightest talents.

Surely not just a coincidence that the two players, VVD and JWP, who have both recently renewed their contracts are the two players linked with Koeman wanting to take with him.

Makes me wonder if this has all been going on longer than we thought and that the board got wind of Koeman wanting to take VVD and JWP and quickly got them to sign new long term improved contracts.

Surely not just a coincidence that the two players, VVD and JWP, who have both recently renewed their contracts are the two players linked with Koeman wanting to take with him.

Makes me wonder if this has all been going on longer than we thought and that the board got wind of Koeman wanting to take VVD and JWP and quickly got them to sign new long term improved contracts.

Not sure how you come this conclusion, but who knows you could well be right?

I personally think RK was going to sign a new contract with us at a rumoured £3M a year (no idea if that is true but it is widely quoted) which is probably a vast increase on his current deal (£1M??) but Everton have come in with a completely stupid offer (£7M FFS). Do I blame RK for taking it - no, not really but does not mean he or Everton will be more successful, but whatever his choice - 3 year contract at £21M in total, I can live with being a failure on that! The real sad part is that some w.anker from abroad has completely negated the new TV deal deal by paying completely stupid and unwarranted premiums and set a new base wage on players and managers - would have been nice to see the extra money ploughed into infrastructure, player development, grass roots footy etc. etc. but was never really going to happen in reality I guess.

This simple and pleasurable game is rapidly getting priced out for the average fan - such a shame. Fondly remember talking to Emlyn Hughes (god bless him) about his love of the game and being afraid to ask for a pay rise to £100 a week after winning the European Cup !!!

haha , you cant knock a bit of fishing , all in jest,, I will delete my account now , by the way my 1st chioce was De Boer with Staam & Overmars as backrrom staff, Koeman was a close 2nd, looking forward to our games next year they should have a bit of an edge to them x

Well not the one at Goodison. You need the crowd involved for edge.

That mirror article :mcinnes:

Pretty sure this forum was touting VVD in Poch's days, RK may have £100m to spend but I can't see him spending half of that on VVD

And also, why would their be ANY negotiating over a poaching clause. We have nothing to gain in that. The answer is going to be no. Or at least, not without a hell of a lot of cash that they can't afford to spend.

JWP really? Can't say Koeman seemed that impressed with him considering he rarely started him.

None this year.

The season before - Jason McCarthy got 3 minutes, Dominic Gape got 1 minute, Jake Hesketh 52 minutes, Ryan Seger 18 minutes, Matt Target 668 minutes. And where are they now?? Targett is bit part, the rest don't even feature.

This.My thoughts exactly.

After all that's happened over the last few days I don't think he could stay here even if he wanted too!

Again what has happened .......

No pictures of RK in Liverpool speaking to Everton

No statements from either Club ! on anything ......not even we are speaking to etc .....

Every part of this is from the media ONLY ....no direct quotes nothing to support it