Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

I'm sure the Blue Noses who have suddenly infiltrated and infested this board will shoot me down in flames, but there's something in all this that doesn't smell completely of roses.

For 10 years Everton have been a moribund club, starved of outside investment mainly because nobody fitted the profile Bill Kenwright set out.

If we are to believe, numerous people have wanted to be involved at Everton, only for the one-time Corrie actor to turn them away as suspected fly-by-nights. To be fair to the gushing luvvie, he has always tried to do the right thing and run Everton in the same honourable traditions as Sir John Moore and Sir Philip Carter. That was back in the days when Everton won things and long before most of those coming on here and giving it large, were even born.

But times and demands change and suddenly, along comes Moshiri, a former accountant with Ernst and Young and Deloitte who became friendly with Alisher Usmanov thanks to their many deals and investments together (you can script your own story about how Russian billionaires make their money out of former state-owned industries). Out of the goodness of his heart, Usmanov gives Moshiri a 5% shareholding of one of his companies. Because Russian billionaires are known for their kind-hearted nature.

As good an accountant as Moshiri might have been, not too many employees of E&Y and Deliotte become billionaires, but the 5% Usmanov provides Moshiri with is enough of a grubstake for him to start up an investment portfolio to suddenly become one of the world's great entrepreneurial business brains.

I'm sure the luvvie Kenwright did his due diligence on Moshiri and it is not simply a case of a club chairman desperate to drag a rich sugar daddy on board being duped by a smooth talking Middle Eastern businessman, who turns out to be not quite as rich as he claimed and everybody thought he was.

There's a club not a million miles away from us who can talk, with experience, about that and looked what happened to them.

I know Arsenal's share structure is a strange and wonderful thing, but you have to wonder why they were reluctant to let him increase his shareholding.

And if he is a billionaire what is £100m to him? That's almost chump change and if I was an Everton fan I would not be crowing about the size of his investment (which has already had a £10m dent knocked into it thanks to the change of manager) but slightly worried.

I've no doubt the blue noses will point to Katharina and crow they have a better owner who is more prepared to pump money in, but she has a business model for the club based on self sufficiency, and she doesn't go around shouting Harry Enfield style about the size of the wad she is going to pump into the club.

The best owners do not go around shouting the odds as to how rich they are and how much money they are going to pump in. For starters, they know it's not good business practice because as soon as you start telling people how much you have to spend, the price goes up.

And for all his faults, you don't hear Abramovic mouthing off to the world at large about how much money he is going to put into Chelsea. He just does it. Likewise Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City, and the Glasers at United.

I've always found it strange that some rich people involved in football clubs feel the need to do this? Why do they do it? Is it an ego thing, or do they make these pronouncements to get dumb football fans on their side?

Experience hints that it doesn't end well for those who do give it the big one, from Michael Knighton at Manchester United, to the fly-by-nights who brought p****y to its knees and League Two ignominy.

I'm intrigued about this £100m. As several others have pointed out, in the scale of things these days it doesn't buy much and it's already down £90m if you factor in the £10m cost of changing managers, so suddenly it doesn't look so much.

I would also be asking why somebody who is ready to pump £100m in is only getting 49% of the shares. OK, he might have an option to buy more, but if he is the club's great saviour, why hasn't he got a controlling interest already?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't wash that somebody with a wallet and matching ego of that size is happy to spunk £100m - now £90m, don't forget - for a nice seat in the directors' box.

And how much - if any - of the £100-now-£90m - has he stumped up already? All of it? Enough to pay for the change in manager?

If he hasn't stumped up all of it yet, when is the rest arriving and how? Cash? Cheque? Money draft? Is it in a building society account gaining a bit of interest?

I'm sure the Blue invaders will tell me he has options to increase his shareholding. Fair enough, but the question still remains. Why hasn't he got a controlling interest already?

Does he not want to buy a controlling interest yet, but prefers to have a look-see first to see how things shape up, which has scary implications. or does The Luvvie not trust his money, his motives, his commitment and his longevity?

Why did he cash in his shareholding at Arsenal? Has he gone to Everton and forsaken the chance to sit next to his big mate Usmanov every Saturday because he couldn't run the train set at Arsenal? They certainly did not want him to increase his shareholding, and again you have to ask why.

It's not our business, but when you sit down and analyse this boast of "he's going to invest £100m into the club" it starts to look a bit hollow for so many reasons, not for the least reason that it doesn't seem that huge an amount for somebody supposedly so rich.

This group of Everton fans have just read your post...

australia-head-in-sand-climate-change.jpg

Just our usual summer Groundhog Day, as will be the buckets of vitriol poured on whoever leaves on each occasion.

We have to face it, it's going to keep on happening until the ownership changes. Top players and coaches have ambition and provided that clubs are still prepared to offer them more money to have a stab at fulfilling said ambition we'll be on the losing end.

I totally agree with you but Koeman tried to make himself out to be something he turned out not to be.

I think he was lucky not to be sacked at Christmas time when results were poor and he would not commit to the future I am certain other clubs would have sacked him.

Dont think I want Moyes as he appears to be a loser at the moment

Agree. The only ex Saints manager I wish well, is Adkins.

Why not Pardew? He made the very first important signings and got us on the recovery road. Are you upset that he is thought to have been ****ging a player's wife?

I'm sure the Blue Noses who have suddenly infiltrated and infested this board will shoot me down in flames, but there's something in all this that doesn't smell completely of roses.

For 10 years Everton have been a moribund club, starved of outside investment mainly because nobody fitted the profile Bill Kenwright set out.

If we are to believe, numerous people have wanted to be involved at Everton, only for the one-time Corrie actor to turn them away as suspected fly-by-nights. To be fair to the gushing luvvie, he has always tried to do the right thing and run Everton in the same honourable traditions as Sir John Moore and Sir Philip Carter. That was back in the days when Everton won things and long before most of those coming on here and giving it large, were even born.

But times and demands change and suddenly, along comes Moshiri, a former accountant with Ernst and Young and Deloitte who became friendly with Alisher Usmanov thanks to their many deals and investments together (you can script your own story about how Russian billionaires make their money out of former state-owned industries). Out of the goodness of his heart, Usmanov gives Moshiri a 5% shareholding of one of his companies. Because Russian billionaires are known for their kind-hearted nature.

As good an accountant as Moshiri might have been, not too many employees of E&Y and Deliotte become billionaires, but the 5% Usmanov provides Moshiri with is enough of a grubstake for him to start up an investment portfolio to suddenly become one of the world's great entrepreneurial business brains.

I'm sure the luvvie Kenwright did his due diligence on Moshiri and it is not simply a case of a club chairman desperate to drag a rich sugar daddy on board being duped by a smooth talking Middle Eastern businessman, who turns out to be not quite as rich as he claimed and everybody thought he was.

There's a club not a million miles away from us who can talk, with experience, about that and looked what happened to them.

I know Arsenal's share structure is a strange and wonderful thing, but you have to wonder why they were reluctant to let him increase his shareholding.

And if he is a billionaire what is £100m to him? That's almost chump change and if I was an Everton fan I would not be crowing about the size of his investment (which has already had a £10m dent knocked into it thanks to the change of manager) but slightly worried.

I've no doubt the blue noses will point to Katharina and crow they have a better owner who is more prepared to pump money in, but she has a business model for the club based on self sufficiency, and she doesn't go around shouting Harry Enfield style about the size of the wad she is going to pump into the club.

The best owners do not go around shouting the odds as to how rich they are and how much money they are going to pump in. For starters, they know it's not good business practice because as soon as you start telling people how much you have to spend, the price goes up.

And for all his faults, you don't hear Abramovic mouthing off to the world at large about how much money he is going to put into Chelsea. He just does it. Likewise Sheikh Mansour at Manchester City, and the Glasers at United.

I've always found it strange that some rich people involved in football clubs feel the need to do this? Why do they do it? Is it an ego thing, or do they make these pronouncements to get dumb football fans on their side?

Experience hints that it doesn't end well for those who do give it the big one, from Michael Knighton at Manchester United, to the fly-by-nights who brought p****y to its knees and League Two ignominy.

I'm intrigued about this £100m. As several others have pointed out, in the scale of things these days it doesn't buy much and it's already down £90m if you factor in the £10m cost of changing managers, so suddenly it doesn't look so much.

I would also be asking why somebody who is ready to pump £100m in is only getting 49% of the shares. OK, he might have an option to buy more, but if he is the club's great saviour, why hasn't he got a controlling interest already?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't wash that somebody with a wallet and matching ego of that size is happy to spunk £100m - now £90m, don't forget - for a nice seat in the directors' box.

And how much - if any - of the £100-now-£90m - has he stumped up already? All of it? Enough to pay for the change in manager?

If he hasn't stumped up all of it yet, when is the rest arriving and how? Cash? Cheque? Money draft? Is it in a building society account gaining a bit of interest?

I'm sure the Blue invaders will tell me he has options to increase his shareholding. Fair enough, but the question still remains. Why hasn't he got a controlling interest already?

Does he not want to buy a controlling interest yet, but prefers to have a look-see first to see how things shape up, which has scary implications. or does The Luvvie not trust his money, his motives, his commitment and his longevity?

Why did he cash in his shareholding at Arsenal? Has he gone to Everton and forsaken the chance to sit next to his big mate Usmanov every Saturday because he couldn't run the train set at Arsenal? They certainly did not want him to increase his shareholding, and again you have to ask why.

It's not our business, but when you sit down and analyse this boast of "he's going to invest £100m into the club" it starts to look a bit hollow for so many reasons, not for the least reason that it doesn't seem that huge an amount for somebody supposedly so rich.

Great post and completely agree it doesn't add up. Someone supposedly so savvy acting like this. An earlier news report suggests that the other Everton officials wanted Emery as well. So it seems this guy doesn't like being told no and it seems to be more important to keep his pride and rich image even if it means ignoring the opinions of his 'team'. As you say someone with that much 'mega money' doesn't need to boast about it, get lots of attention and swing his **** around to prove it, they just get on with it and do it for as cheap and quietly as possible. This guy is I reckon is on a par with the Hull and Cardiff chairman and mainly looking for an ego trip and a tour in the headlines. The 'mega money' those clubs boasted about having didn't go too far too soon.

dont kid yourself. everton have a good squad which has just been managed poorly the past 2 years.

some quality players in there. you couldn't beat us at our worst last season? & we destroyed you at your own place 3-0.

Who would get in your 11 from our squad then? I'd agree with him that Coleman and Lukaku would be shoe ins for us, other than that..Barkley on his day would replace Davis but Davis is far more reliable and consistent. VVD and Fonte both better than Stones/Mori this season, Bertrand better than Baines/whoever else you have..Wanyama and Clasie trump your Centre mids just, Mane and Tadic or Long over your wingers..Forster over Howard/Joel

We drew to Villa at home this season that makes them world beaters does it? Behave had we won that game and beat your reserves away (probably the 2 most disappointing results of the season) we would of been 4th..Small margins one off games don't make a season as you found out, Koeman isnt going to wave his wand and suddenly you'll be charging into the top 4 so most of your fan base are going to be extremely disappointed by Christmas.

Pretty sure we'll refuse to sell to you like we did to spurs the last two seasons as well so you can forget about getting Forster

This guy is I reckon is on a par with the Hull and Cardiff chairman and mainly looking for an ego trip and a tour in the headlines.

Based on what exactly. Surely its pretty logical that if you are investing a lot of money you want someone leading your organisation that you genuinely rate and want to lead your investment?

Its a lot of money for a Manager but relative to player costs and the TV money its nothing.

If you read about Moshiri you will find he has been in football for a long time at a very well run club in Arsenal.

We may want Everton to fail, but there are some wild assumptions being made with no real substance.

I remember lots of similar things when we got taken over, mostly jealousy, from fans of other teams. It turned out fine for us and I am sure Everton's new investor will do well for them. Koeman was a sound choice and I can't see anything to suggest that Moshiri will do anything like what happened at Cardiff or Hull.

dont kid yourself. everton have a good squad which has just been managed poorly the past 2 years.

some quality players in there. you couldn't beat us at our worst last season? & we destroyed you at your own place 3-0.

exactly right. and the guy who masterminded those pathetic results against a dreadful everton team is now your manager. good luck!

oh, and thanks for the £5m. Sounds like a top class negotiatior your new guy

:lol:

So in viewing the football world through saints tinted glasses I see the following.

1. Everton to P1ss all transfer funds on average players – no grounds or evidence to suggest Moshiri is going to do this. All I am seeing is positive signs and ambition. Within 6 months he has sacked Martinez, the ground move seems to be gathering pace, and in his first summer here taken his #1 target… your manager.

2. Everton are going to ‘do a villa’ – wishful thinking.

3. Everton are the ‘lesser’ club in our city – ok your’re getting desperate.

4. Everton have a poor team/squad. – just b0ll0cks. A team underperforming due to being mis-managed by Martinez yes. Personally the only players id like from SFC are Forster, VVD and Tadic.

5. laughing at the *rumour* of signing Scott Dann – More desperation. But he would be Sound cover imo if there is any truth in this.

6. Koeman Signed by accident – you beauts. This is brilliant. yet we were the ones that were ‘deluded’ for thinking we could possibly attract your manager,

if it makes you feel better about yourselves, crack on.

Never minded Southampton. Much preferred them to the West Ham’s and Newcastles of this world. But seeing all this delusion and some of the things your fans (minority) have put on social media and this forum relating to Hillsborough doesn’t sit well with me.

Hope you lose your best players and go down.

Martin Samuel:

Saints past sell-by date for Koeman

Selling players catches up with every club eventually. Southampton may have defied gravity again this season but Ronald Koeman knows it cannot last. The process of renewal that takes place at the club every summer, with fine players leaving and fresh recruits arriving, cannot succeed indefinitely. Eventually, a mistake will be made, and Koeman has decided not to be around when it happens. That he is joining Everton, a club that finished 16 points and five places below Southampton last season, is telling.

Everton have been sellers, too, and may be again this summer if the right offer comes in for John Stones or Romelu Lukaku. Yet that would only put Koeman in the same position as when he joined Southampton. Five players were sold that summer, but the new manager simply used the money to construct his own team. He could do the same again at Everton. If Stones fetched £40m, say, Koeman might believe he could be adequately replaced for half that. Lukaku, Everton's top scorer, would be worth even more and Koeman will surely have received assurances about Everton's ambition, sale or no sale. At the very least he will get any transfer money to spend, plus more, and will be shopping at a different end of the market.

Southampton are a well-run club, offering Europa League football, but while they continue to sell each summer, they will remain a stepping stone rather than a final destination, for managers and players.

He seems a bit confused. I see people are still floating out the ''selling 5 players'' every summer statement, whatever floats their boat.

But he says we cannot continue to be a stepping stone, yet that's exactly what will be happening with Everton with the likes of Stones/Lukaku etc. He states 'he will be given all the money to reinvest''. He was at Southampton, christ we spent upwards of £60m in that window, and that's not even including agent fee's and contract fee's etc.

We will always be a stepping stone club as long as City, Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Bayern and co reign supreme at the top end of the financial table - and honors table. If we continue to be a stepping stone club, then it will show we have been successful again and people want our players/staff.

And I was never aware that Scott Dann was at a different end of the market.

ref15 TBF, what exactly did you expect? Surely, you must be able to go back to your own site and pick a decent argument there, we much preferring arguing with each other anyway lol! On a serious note, my only worry for EFC is in 2 years time when Barca/Arse/national side come calling. You will most likely find yourselves in exactly same boat! RK sees himself in a big job, and then you will be starting again like us!

Edited by thorpie the sinner

Ok I'll bite...

So in viewing the football world through saints tinted glasses I see the following.

1. Everton to P1ss all transfer funds on average players – no grounds or evidence to suggest Moshiri is going to do this. All I am seeing is positive signs and ambition. Within 6 months he has sacked Martinez, the ground move seems to be gathering pace, and in his first summer here taken his #1 target… your manager. No evidence to suggest you will be signing world beaters either. No European football to offer, and Lukaku wants out, potentially Stones too.

2. Everton are going to ‘do a villa’ – wishful thinking. Agree on this. You won't, Koeman will improve you.

3. Everton are the ‘lesser’ club in our city – ok your’re getting desperate. You are utterly deluded if you don't realise you are the second team in your city.

4. Everton have a poor team/squad. – just b0ll0cks. A team underperforming due to being mis-managed by Martinez yes. Personally the only players id like from SFC are Forster, VVD and Tadic. You don't have a great squad. Stone/Lukaku/Berkley/Coleman. The rest is pretty average and two of those could be gone soon.

5. laughing at the *rumour* of signing Scott Dann – More desperation. But he would be Sound cover imo if there is any truth in this.Scott Dann is ****e, but so are your first choice centre halves so might be a decent move.

6. Koeman Signed by accident – you beauts. This is brilliant. yet we were the ones that were ‘deluded’ for thinking we could possibly attract your manager, No idea on this one.

Never minded Southampton. Much preferred them to the West Ham’s and Newcastles of this world. But seeing all this delusion and some of the things your fans (minority) have put on social media and this forum relating to Hillsborough doesn’t sit well with me.

Hope you lose your best players and go down.Likewise

Brilliant post.

What is with these everton fans? get a few pounds and think they're billy big ********.

Basically, they're viewed as a crap team by everyone except themselves.

Now they're trying to get someone, anyone at all, other than themselves, to admit that they're a bit good, mostly justifying it by trophies that few people remember them winning, and having a billionaire shareholder that so far has shown similar financial nous to Mike Ashley.

Probably comes from the inbuilt inferiority complex they have over the shadow they're in.

4. Everton have a poor team/squad. – just b0ll0cks. A team underperforming due to being mis-managed by Martinez yes. Personally the only players id like from SFC are Forster, VVD and Tadic.

So to sum up. You've got a great team but who were just mismanaged. However you want three players from the club who finished 6th. Thats breathaking ambition.

It must be a Merseyside thing - buying our managers and players at inflated prices and then finishing below us.

Edited by buctootim

So to sum up. You've got a great team who were just mismanaged and wouldnt take more than three players from the club who finished 6th. Thats breathaking ambition.

It must be a Merseyside thing - buying our managers and players at inflated prices and then finishing below us.

That's the problem other teams have with us :lol:

They can throw money at us to try and weaken us, but at the moment, we're better than anyone else at actually spending that money.

1. Everton to P1ss all transfer funds on average players – no grounds or evidence to suggest Moshiri is going to do this. All I am seeing is positive signs and ambition. Within 6 months he has sacked Martinez, the ground move seems to be gathering pace, and in his first summer here taken his #1 target… your manager.

5. laughing at the *rumour* of signing Scott Dann – More desperation. But he would be Sound cover imo if there is any truth in this.

6. Koeman Signed by accident – you beauts. This is brilliant. yet we were the ones that were ‘deluded’ for thinking we could possibly attract your manager,

Here's my take on things

1. You're about to sell your 2 best players.

2. You have absolutely no idea what Moshiri intends to do in the future.

3. You've just paid £5m to hire the manager that masterminded a 3-0 home defeat to Martinez's Everton.

4. A £100m warchest buys you 2 Raheem Sterlings.

5. You are definitely the 'lesser' bin dipping club out of self pity city.

6. You have nothing better to do with your time.

I hope Moshiri turns you into Pompey

It's taking it's time for him to be annouced and the comp package seem to be going up.

Apparently, perhaps, this is happening:

Everton: So, we want Ron, How much compo do you want?

SFC: We would like 3 million, based on you paying him £7 million in wages and we need to get another manager

EFC: Fine, 3 mill it is.

SFC: Great, so give us the 3.5 million and we are done. Sign here.

EFC: Ok so I need... hang on a minute, we agreed 3 miilion. You just said 3.5.

SFC: Thats right. I think you heard wrong. We agreed 4 million.

EFC: 4? I thought you said 3?

SFC: No, you must have mishead. We said 4.

EFC: Ok, 4 miilion......

SFC: And a half

EFC: Eh?

SFC: four and a half million is the figure.

EFC: Why is it now 4 and a half million?

SFC: Beacuse we haven't got to 5 million yet.

EFC: Look, you started at 3 million, now it's 4.5 million. Is that it?

SFC: Yes that is it. The figure for Compensation to us for you to sign Ronald Koeman as your manager is £5 million, or as we refer to it down here, 0.42 of a $long in Compo.

EFC: When did it get to 5 million?

SFC: Just a minute a go.

EFC: When?

SFC: When you asked why it was 4.5 million.

EFC: Look, if you don't stop messing around, we'll **** off back to Liverpool and you wont get you compo!

SFC: Fine by us, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I found that more amusing than I probably should have done...

Do you still have to go to the bottom of your garden for a sh*t?

Martin Samuel:

Saints past sell-by date for Koeman

Selling players catches up with every club eventually. Southampton may have defied gravity again this season but Ronald Koeman knows it cannot last. The process of renewal that takes place at the club every summer, with fine players leaving and fresh recruits arriving, cannot succeed indefinitely. Eventually, a mistake will be made, and Koeman has decided not to be around when it happens. That he is joining Everton, a club that finished 16 points and five places below Southampton last season, is telling.

Everton have been sellers, too, and may be again this summer if the right offer comes in for John Stones or Romelu Lukaku. Yet that would only put Koeman in the same position as when he joined Southampton. Five players were sold that summer, but the new manager simply used the money to construct his own team. He could do the same again at Everton. If Stones fetched £40m, say, Koeman might believe he could be adequately replaced for half that. Lukaku, Everton's top scorer, would be worth even more and Koeman will surely have received assurances about Everton's ambition, sale or no sale. At the very least he will get any transfer money to spend, plus more, and will be shopping at a different end of the market.

Southampton are a well-run club, offering Europa League football, but while they continue to sell each summer, they will remain a stepping stone rather than a final destination, for managers and players.

I don't know how it's going to turn out for Everton in the future, but his summary of us is difficult to argue with.

Do you still have to go to the bottom of your garden for a sh*t?

Wish they'd just **** off back to their own forum. Why do they come here to big up their own ****ty club at how great finishing 10 points above the drop zone is? Can't remember too many other clubs fans feeling it necessary to do that on here, but these Scouse ******s seem in constant need of self validation.

Based on what exactly. Surely its pretty logical that if you are investing a lot of money you want someone leading your organisation that you genuinely rate and want to lead your investment?

Its a lot of money for a Manager but relative to player costs and the TV money its nothing.

If you read about Moshiri you will find he has been in football for a long time at a very well run club in Arsenal.

We may want Everton to fail, but there are some wild assumptions being made with no real substance.

I remember lots of similar things when we got taken over, mostly jealousy, from fans of other teams. It turned out fine for us and I am sure Everton's new investor will do well for them. Koeman was a sound choice and I can't see anything to suggest that Moshiri will do anything like what happened at Cardiff or Hull.

The idiocy of spouting off in the media about how much your transfer kitty is. Ignoring the advice of all the other board members at Everton who wanted a different guy in. Koeman is not a 7m manager no matter how you try and spin it. We've watched enough games and seen his tactics to know that. Ridiculous.

Also you do nothing but make wild assumptions about how ****e saints are and how doomed we are.

There is nothing to be jealous of with Everton, we have better players, a stable and sensible wealthy owner, a better management team, a better recruitment structure, a better academy. The only thing Everton have over us is 'History' which puts them low down on a list of many other clubs who beat us with that useless indicator of current success including Leeds. Now Everton looks like at this moment they have secured a better manager but I expect that issue to be rectified in a matter of days. They may well have more money they are willing to spend than saints for now but A) I don't believe all of the hype and B) I don't think it will mean anything at all. Not everyone has cottoned on yet, which is good news for saints, but money alone cannot buy you the premier league title anymore. The league has been shifting in the same direction for the last 3 years.

A squad can only consist of 15 first team candidates or unrest sets in. Our league can buy most of the best players in all leagues around the world (which isnt a boast but a fact) and there's more than enough great players in the world to go round. But the smaller clubs don't need to pay as much as the big clubs, 15M is a lot of money to clubs across the rest of the world. So mid table clubs are picking up 3-4 really good players for 10-15m or 1-2 excellent players for 15-30m per season using guile and recruitment investment. Top clubs are buying 30-50M players whose actual skill level may not be vastly different or consistent. Some 'rich' teams throw the sink at their teams and buy 6-8 players of mixed value. This also doesn't work because half the season is lost gelling a vastly newer team together and dealing with the associated dressing room hierarchy shuffle.

If you can see where i'm getting at over the course of 3 seasons that gap gets smaller and smaller and suddenly, money doesn't buy that much of greater quality unless you are getting your Messi, Suarez and so on into a squad. When you then apply those magical levelling qualities of football, that extra gap that all that mega money bought can vanish in an instance; injuries, poor ref decisions, dressing room drama, poor/good runs of form, extra competitive matches to play in the season, suspensions, international duty etc.

Clubs like our own that have invested in the infrastructure of combating the latter elements such as injuries whilst sensibly investing in a couple of players that can be eased in are now reaping the rewards. Losing players is the nature of the game at our level because wages and prestige is still a factor. But we lose two, replace them equally or better and buy one and we steadily get better overall.

There have been equally vile tweets by Everton fans regarding creating a Hillsborough style disaster at St Mary's. Whoever posts stuff like this are not true fans of either club.

Everton fans are obsessed with us :roll eyes: Why bother registering on another club's forum? Do you really think we are interested in your opinion - you know nothing about Saints, our Board or philosophy. So please - just go away and concentrate on your neighbours

There have been equally vile tweets by Everton fans regarding creating a Hillsborough style disaster at St Mary's. Whoever posts stuff like this are not true fans of either club.

Everton fans are obsessed with us :roll eyes: Why bother registering on another club's forum? Do you really think we are interested in your opinion - you know nothing about Saints, our Board or philosophy. So please - just go away and concentrate on your neighbours hubcaps.

Fixed it for you.

I don't know how it's going to turn out for Everton in the future, but his summary of us is difficult to argue with.

It may be accurate, but maybe he could actually for once, write an article or two on why clubs of our size do sell each summer. As everyone says, we are all stepping stones apart from Real/Barca/Bayern and when Utd are up to speed, maybe them. Maybe not. And as such, we haven't sold any players....yet!! Do you think he might write an article if Leicester lose Vardy, Mahrez and Kanté or just say that they are a stepping stone? Or maybe we are the only club in PL that is a stepping stone.

Wish they'd just **** off back to their own forum. Why do they come here to big up their own ****ty club at how great finishing 10 points above the drop zone is? Can't remember too many other clubs fans feeling it necessary to do that on here, but these Scouse ******s seem in constant need of self validation.

what are our trolls saying on their boards? legit question.

The idiocy of spouting off in the media about how much your transfer kitty is. Ignoring the advice of all the other board members at Everton who wanted a different guy in. Koeman is not a 7m manager no matter how you try and spin it. We've watched enough games and seen his tactics to know that. Ridiculous.

But its up to them how much they pay. Even regardless of the additional Moshiri money, the TV income alone dwarfs £7m. If they think Koeman is the right man then thats their perogative. I don't see how on any of the available evidence it means that Moshiri is in any way like Vincent Tan or Assem Allam.

They will do what they want to do as will Saints move on and keep doing well.

Koeman is a good Manager and a good choice for them. He did a great job at Saints and if he was Moshiri's first choice then all he has done is paid to get who he feels is the best man for the job.

We do ok out of it so everyone is happy.

Not sure if people remember him/her, but these Everton guys remind me of that Owl poster, we had back in our L1 days ''We're a massive club, bigger than Southampton, we'll win the league etc etc etc''. They finished bottom half, we finished 2nd. And we never saw him again.

Also you do nothing but make wild assumptions about how ****e saints are and how doomed we are.

There is nothing to be jealous of with Everton, we have better players, a stable and sensible wealthy owner, a better management team, a better recruitment structure, a better academy. The only thing Everton have over us is 'History' which puts them low down on a list of many other clubs who beat us with that useless indicator of current success including Leeds. Now Everton looks like at this moment they have secured a better manager but I expect that issue to be rectified in a matter of days. They may well have more money they are willing to spend than saints for now but A) I don't believe all of the hype and B) I don't think it will mean anything at all. Not everyone has cottoned on yet, which is good news for saints, but money alone cannot buy you the premier league title anymore. The league has been shifting in the same direction for the last 3 years.

A squad can only consist of 15 first team candidates or unrest sets in. Our league can buy most of the best players in all leagues around the world (which isnt a boast but a fact) and there's more than enough great players in the world to go round. But the smaller clubs don't need to pay as much as the big clubs, 15M is a lot of money to clubs across the rest of the world. So mid table clubs are picking up 3-4 really good players for 10-15m or 1-2 excellent players for 15-30m per season using guile and recruitment investment. Top clubs are buying 30-50M players whose actual skill level may not be vastly different or consistent. Some 'rich' teams throw the sink at their teams and buy 6-8 players of mixed value. This also doesn't work because half the season is lost gelling a vastly newer team together and dealing with the associated dressing room hierarchy shuffle.

If you can see where i'm getting at over the course of 3 seasons that gap gets smaller and smaller and suddenly, money doesn't buy that much of greater quality unless you are getting your Messi, Suarez and so on into a squad. When you then apply those magical levelling qualities of football, that extra gap that all that mega money bought can vanish in an instance; injuries, poor ref decisions, dressing room drama, poor/good runs of form, extra competitive matches to play in the season, suspensions, international duty etc.

Clubs like our own that have invested in the infrastructure of combating the latter elements such as injuries whilst sensibly investing in a couple of players that can be eased in are now reaping the rewards. Losing players is the nature of the game at our level because wages and prestige is still a factor. But we lose two, replace them equally or better and buy one and we steadily get better overall.

For me this is the crux of the matter. Everton's management and their fans have based their assessment of Koeman on the results and league position alone. They think he's done really well because in their prejudiced view of our club they can't accept that we are where we are on merit and not because the manager has worked miracles. They can't accept that maybe we have a superior setup. We know that Koeman could have done better and that his replacement definitely will.

- more importantly I see from SSN that Chelsea are bringing a guy from Oxford Uni as an expert in Portuguese swearing in the Eva Caneira court case.

What I want to know is:

1) where are our experts in foreign profanity

2) how do I apply to Barca to help them with any Anglo Saxon cursing they need done?

They are all over the internet. Just visited couple of messageboards like RTG, VillaTalk etc. and those boards are nearly just as infested with bluenoses as our place.

- more importantly I see from SSN that Chelsea are bringing a guy from Oxford Uni as an expert in Portuguese swearing in the Eva Caneira court case.

What I want to know is:

1) where are our experts in foreign profanity

2) how do I apply to Barca to help them with any Anglo Saxon cursing they need done?

Experts in swearing? I never knew that such people existed :rolleyes:

Not sure if people remember him/her, but these Everton guys remind me of that Owl poster, we had back in our L1 days ''We're a massive club, bigger than Southampton, we'll win the league etc etc etc''. They finished bottom half, we finished 2nd. And we never saw him again.

That'll be Tartan Owl. He doesn't post anymore for some reason.... :)

Edited by trousers

Who cares about Everton this is football no need to wet the bed..... Koeman is replaceable and nothing but a money grabber we will smash Everton next season we march on!

Well , well you changed your tune from that stupid rant about rk going along with all our players the other day,

what happpend? sobered up i guess

1- Banter ever heard of it? (positive signs, no fruition as of yet :lol:)

2- Villa came 6th 3 seasons in a row? If you aren't happy with that, massively deluded.

3- A fact. (getting desperate I dont really understand?)

4. You do ATM, especially when Lukaku and Stones go, a poor ageing squad with an inconsistent Barkley.

5. Scott Dann to be fair would be a decent signing but again banter ever heard of it?

6. Don't understand but yet again like Spurs you go for our manager we plucked from nowhere after careful research and will continue to improve as we always spot the talent first then the other clubs copy us and we lose/sell on for huge profit.

Hope you go down too, The delusion of your fans that I have seen has out weighed that of West Hams which I thought wouldn't be possible.

All clubs have cretins that mention disgusting things if you were bright you'd realise that it's people who are even dumber than you saying it

We'll have fun on our European tour this season and you can look forward to Hull away :)