Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Haven't seen any mentions of Hillsborough on here or twitter from our fans. Just Everton fans making claims that they've seen them.

There was one on twitter yesterday that has been deleted. Had a picture of people crushed into a fence with the caption of "Everton fans queue up to get Koeman's autograph."

Not sure if people remember him/her, but these Everton guys remind me of that Owl poster, we had back in our L1 days ''We're a massive club, bigger than Southampton, we'll win the league etc etc etc''. They finished bottom half, we finished 2nd. And we never saw him again.

And I also recall QPR Flyer, I think it was. He was full of analysis about how each player in their team was superior to our equivalent. Whatever happened to him following their decline?

Just a snippet of information for you:

John Stones wants out.

To be replaced with £15m+ Scott Dann according to the Liverpool Echo. That £100m will be quickly used up if they sign players of that quality! :D

The next Southampton manager will be better off with Virgil van Dijk & Jose Fonte and a more water tight defence as the last two seasons have shown!

Here's my take on things

1. You're about to sell your 2 best players.

2. You have absolutely no idea what Moshiri intends to do in the future.

3. You've just paid £5m to hire the manager that masterminded a 3-0 home defeat to Martinez's Everton.

4. A £100m warchest buys you 2 Raheem Sterlings.

5. You are definitely the 'lesser' bin dipping club out of self pity city.

6. You have nothing better to do with your time.

I hope Moshiri turns you into Pompey

You'll finish 10th and you'll learn to start crying like Liverpool. Koeman has no clue most of the time.

Football365 with a little dissection of Martin Samuel's column...

Martin Samuel, the Daily Mail, October 2014: ‘The problem is Koeman has made it look a breeze. This way the Championship lies. Not this season, maybe not next season, but ultimately. If the board thinks it can get away with it year on year, there is an inevitable conclusion.’

Southampton’s points haul in 2014/15: 60.

Martin Samuel, the Daily Mail, September 2015: ‘A year ago, the summer sales gave Ronald Koeman the chance to build his own team; this time he will have seen the departures as debilitating. Indeed that was the problem with last year: it made the process look easy. It never is.’

Southampton’s points haul in 2015/16: 63.

Martin Samuel, the Daily Mail, June 2016: ‘SELLING players catches up with every club eventually. Southampton may have defied gravity again this season but Ronald Koeman knows it cannot last.’

Samuel is slowly turning Mediawatch into a Southampton fan.

This does seem to be dragging out.

What is there to discuss, and how long can it really take?[/quote

Well according to UI they dont want Erwin so maybe Judas Lying Scumbag mk2 :-) isn't totally happy and Reed is playing hardball?

Would be funny if Everton said no to Erwin.

Surely Ronald should be allowed to bring in his own backroom staff? Would he really go there if he wasn't?

I jsut saw a raw feed from SSN:

Rob Jansen: I would likes to announces that ve have negotiated a deals for Ronalds to go to Heverton for de sum of FIF MILLION PUNDS.

Les Read: And John Stone.

Rob turns away from the camera

Rob Janson: What?

Les Read: 5 million and John Stones

Rob turns back to the camera

RJ: I'll be back.

He he he. You have to just laugh at situations like this, dontcha.

Hey guys, Evertonian here. Any ideas on whether this is actually a done deal?

I thought it was done a week ago and I keep asking people and they keep assuring me it's done, but I can't help but worry.

Anyone with some concrete information that they fancy sharing to put my mind at ease would be appreciated.

Thanks

I thought it was done a week ago and I keep asking people and they keep assuring me it's done, but I can't help but worry.

Anyone with some concrete information that they fancy sharing to put my mind at ease would be appreciated.

Thanks

The deal has hit a snag mate. Koeman has since found out the cafeteria at the training ground doesnt offer chips and mayo. The deal is very much in the balance now.

Sorry

Thanks

I think you should take your insecurities and **** off elsewhere.

Always liked Southampton so I hope if this does go through you get someone that can progress you further.

Eddie Howe is a promising young coach and think would be ideally suited to the structure that you seem to have in place.

Any news on whether Koeman deal is done though?

Everton fans seem particularly vocal on the internet and across social media which is a surprise because on my last few visits to Goodison I've barely heard a peep out of them.

Exactly that. They're coming across like bitter Pompey fans now, can't think of a better example of why they aren't actually a big club.

Always liked Southampton so I hope if this does go through you get someone that can progress you further.

Eddie Howe is a promising young coach and think would be ideally suited to the structure that you seem to have in place.

go and find a job

Nope, nothing from EFC, nothing from SFC, nothing from Koeman.

Which is as you'd expect business to be done - away from the public glare.

Mind you, Rons gone on his hols again, so he's not in a rush to sign anything.

I was happy when we made Koeman manager a couple of years ago and basically he has delivered. We had finished eighth and lost players for inflated fees which allowed us to strengthen the depth. We finished a place higher each year which pretty much showed a level being sustained. We absorbed the wasted fees on Ramirez, who Koeman failed miserably to improve and use and the awful Osvaldo. Wanyama and Mane, if they go, will command inflated fees and will be more than adequately replaced.

I feel that if Koeman had failed to extend his contract the club would have made a change in any event. As it stands most of us would have pretty much agreed with the club on this. We wouldn't have wanted a lame duck manager running the clock down on his contract. If he goes to Everton good luck to him. This way we pick up £5m and avoid paying him to leave. I have seen every Saints match with Koeman as manager either live or tv live and I must say there has been some bizarre team selections and tactics which didn't work. Our Europa games made me wonder were we even bothered. Koeman is a decent manager overall but a football genius he isn't.

Everton are going to pay genius money to Koeman and expect genius results, that isn't going to happen. Saints have made themselves into a very decent club that most of the clubs in the Premier would swop places with. with the exception of the four London, two Manchester clubs plus the two deluded Liverpool clubs. There used to be one strengthened over two years, spent hundreds of millions and ended up eighth, now joined by another that thinks chucking money at other clubs will work, not realising they are in fact strengthening the very clubs they want to overtake.

From a Southampton point of view this is a great opportunity to upgrade and strengthen again.

Edited by derry

Nothing apart from the two snags mentioned before.

I like Eddie Howe, however I don't think we will go for him, but will probably look at Frank De Boar as we prefer not to look to poach other teams managers, but look at free agents.

I think that Ron will do really well for you over the next two years and will leave you in a better place than you are now.

Good luck and I hope all goes well, especially with your new backer and his mullions.

spent hundreds of millions and ended up eighth, now joined by another that thinks chucking money at other clubs will work, not realising they are in fact strengthening the very clubs they want to overtake.

A very good line, and true

Thanks

That he's leaving the club? - Yes, cetainly, bridges all burnt and all that.

That he's joing Everton? - Ooh, I'm not so sure ;)

Doesn't anyone think it;s strange that apparently Koeman is joining Everton yet the deal isn't yet done?

And he just goes off on holiday again?

I mean, he was pretty relaxed when he was going to sign an extention with us.

I think it's strange that he's jetted off to Barbados with Bert van Oostveen, rather than signing with Everton.

Still could just be me.

Seeing some speculation on here about who Koeman will take with him... The players who liked him signed contracts tying them down, and thus would cost a large portion of Everton's new found wealth, or had beef with him (Tadic, Mane). Wanyama and Mane are still definitely off though, if they can find anyone who thinks they are worth as much as they have convinced themselves they are :lol:

Need to tie down Bertrand and Shane long though. Both clubs on Merseyside have problems at left back. :rolleyes:

Is that them or their agents doing the convincing? Sounds like astronomically unrealistic wage demands....

I have now fully convinced myself FDB is the man to take us forward as he should stay with us long term and wants the challenge of improving and growing footballers ("not going to Barcelona as what can you teach Iniesta and Messi"). Also should carry on the good work with Jordy and our key man VVD

Pellegini played exciting football but ultimately failed with Citys most expensive squad in the league and is too old for a long term plan

Moyes would be a solid steady appointment......to stay in the division but plays dull football at times (would show lack of ambition)

Same with AVBs team I watched when he was over here. Without superstar Bale they were negative and dull to watch.

Emery too unrealistic, he's won the Europa 3 times on the trot and in the Champions League so he should/would have the pick of the elite if and when he leaves so only huge huge wages will tempt him IMO and his English might be an issue

Frank De Boer's the man for us.

Edited by Saint IQ

Probably wanting to negotiate a deal elsewhere . . . Seville may be looking for a new manager soon

What the Everton fans don't seem to appreciate because like Spurs, they have dellusions of grandeur and have their heads up their own bums, is that the one and only reason that Koeman might join them (deal is far from being completed yet) is because of a £7 milion a year pay packet. It has nothing to do with Everton as a club. If they'd offered him £4m million he wouldn't be going there. Additionally, the new boss there will want a visible return on his money very quickly. If they don't get top 6 this coming season then Koeman will be gone at the end of the season if not before.

If Koeman hasn't decided yet, he ought to take a look back the last time Everton poached a manager from a high achieving unfashionable club. Mike Walker managed Norwich to 3rd in the Prem in 1994 and got them into Europe. Everton just had to have him as they were a massive club that just needed a tweak or two. They only stayed up the previous season due to some dodgy Wimbledon goalkeeping and influential Far East betting syndicates). Two years later he was back at Norwich in (what is now) the Championship and Everton were still ****. If he does go, it will be one of the most crass decisions a football manager has ever made. I thought Ron was a better man than chasing the cash.

Hi guys :)

Everton fan in peace. And I promise in peace. :)

Just wanted to say thankyou for letting us have Koeman at such a reasonable price. Don't know if there was a clause or anything LOL. But most of us are just happy that Martinez won't be there next season.

Would you like him? :D

Just kidding of course. Any ideas who you will go for?