K.Billy: "5 players want to leave this Summer"

trousers

Those ITK like to come on here with their gossip stir it up and disappear don't they

Possibly, but really it boils down to something that we have no control over what so ever, so not much point getting all exercised about it. Bit of pragmatism needed and just take things as they come.

And dish out news whether it is bad or good, and quite often it us good, which is hardly "stirring it up".

I didn't agree that they were stirring it up, I was pointing out that what information they supply is usually accurate. I'm grateful that they post snippets on here whether it's perceived as good or bad news.

I didn't agree that they were stirring it up, I was pointing out that what information they supply is usually accurate. I'm grateful that they post snippets on here whether it's perceived as good or bad news.

I was agreeing with you in the first place.

Some of these so called want away players have been offered new contracts by the club, of course they are going to put the feeders out they want to leave,

That's the best way to get better terms.

You watch Pelle sign a new contract in the next week followed by a few of the others.

2 bad first team signings?

well, by definition, our bad signings don't end getting much first team time but we have had bad signings that were intended to be for the first team if they worked out.

Some of these so called want away players have been offered new contracts by the club, of course they are going to put the feeders out they want to leave,

That's the best way to get better terms.

You watch Pelle sign a new contract in the next week followed by a few of the others.

If Pelle is in the Italian team he will not sign a new contrat untill the outcome of the Euro's if they win and he is in the team his stock will go up.

If that could involve Keeeley Hawes astride me in the bath, smearing pizza all over my naked quivering chest that would be just fine.

I'll just be.... Um..... Yes well I'll just be over here, thinking........

Smeared pizza doesn't do it for me, a bit messy. Lots and lots of soap suds however, smeared all over Keeley Hawes' "quivering chest", now we're talking!!!!

I'll just be....er........over here thinking :proud:

Why are City technically guaranteed 8 games? Don't they have to play a qualifier for finishing fourth?

If they win they qualify for the group stage of the Champions League, lose and they go in the group stage of the Europa.

I think this is a load of ballarks to be honest. And also some of the posters on this thread need to get a serious grip on themselves.

If we can survive (and improve on) a summer where our club captain, club talisman, best youth player since Bale, another cracking youth player and one of our best centre backs in the prem all leave, then I think we can survive Tadic, Pelle and co leaving. The only one we'll really miss is Mane, and we will cash that in for all its worth so who cares?!?!?! We've shown how well we can spend as a club plenty of times.

I'm personally happy for pelle to leave, we'll get what we paid for him (more or less) and in the meantime he's score some key goals for us. As for Tadic, earlier in the season most of the halfwits on here started a thread saying we should sell long and said he was a waste of cash compared to Tadic. He's a good player, but seriously? People think he is irreplaceable? I have no issues with selling him and getting a decent replacement... Townsend, ox etc? And thats just the english ones...

The midfield has been imbalanced for a while and selling wanyama gives us a chance to correct that and build a new one. No worries for me there. A good player, but one that had rubbish discipline and at times couldn't hit a barn door with a pass at 6 yards. Excited to see what we bring in in his place.

Think the reactions in this thread are a bit of a joke tbh. Our key players are Long, Forster, Fonte, VVD, Claise, Mane, Davis and Bertrand. Only one of those is linked away and if Mane goes we'll get a shed load of dosh to reinvest.

If all those leave it can't see Koeman staying. You can't keep replacing so many players in a short space of time and keep getting away with it. Eventually your get some in who simply won't be good enough or can't adjust to the league.

what if those players want to leave because of Koeman?

Edited by doddisalegend

I think this is a load of ballarks to be honest. And also some of the posters on this thread need to get a serious grip on themselves.

If we can survive (and improve on) a summer where our club captain, club talisman, best youth player since Bale, another cracking youth player and one of our best centre backs in the prem all leave, then I think we can survive Tadic, Pelle and co leaving. The only one we'll really miss is Mane, and we will cash that in for all its worth so who cares?!?!?! We've shown how well we can spend as a club plenty of times.

I'm personally happy for pelle to leave, we'll get what we paid for him (more or less) and in the meantime he's score some key goals for us. As for Tadic, earlier in the season most of the halfwits on here started a thread saying we should sell long and said he was a waste of cash compared to Tadic. He's a good player, but seriously? People think he is irreplaceable? I have no issues with selling him and getting a decent replacement... Townsend, ox etc? And thats just the english ones...

The midfield has been imbalanced for a while and selling wanyama gives us a chance to correct that and build a new one. No worries for me there. A good player, but one that had rubbish discipline and at times couldn't hit a barn door with a pass at 6 yards. Excited to see what we bring in in his place.

Think the reactions in this thread are a bit of a joke tbh. Our key players are Long, Forster, Fonte, VVD, Claise, Mane, Davis and Bertrand. Only one of those is linked away and if Mane goes we'll get a shed load of dosh to reinvest.

Good post but I'd include Tadic and Wanyama as one of our key players over Clasie, plus Pelle has been useful at times but agree I would fine with him being sold. Key is to replace Mane well and also get another winger in whether Tadic leaves or not.

I think you need to get a grip of yourself if you think clasie is more of a key player than wanyama

Yes I'm aware of that. So just keep risking it until it goes wrong then? Unproven players may work or may not, that's what it means. Proven players will probably keep doing pretty well! So if you're good at recruitment, use it to enhance what you have not start over every summer.

Proven players is a non concept. Morgan lovren and llalana were all proven premier league players but were mostly not that great last season

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Personally I don't think Pelle, Wanyama or Tadic is irreplaceable. VW is probably the most valuable to us as a team but even we could find someone else if the deal was right.

Tadic has been very good but is consistently inconsistent. He's been better recently but has spent quite a bit of the season on the bench.

Mane would be a big loss. He's inconsistent too but capable of creating against any team in the league. There's not many of those around.

Personally I would love the club to do everything they can to keep both Mane and Wanyama.

Start of last season most people would have picked Hazard as the player most likely to be a success for 2015/16. Players with no premier league experience included Payet, Dia and Kante. Even Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Dier who did have premier league experience were hardly what you'd call proven premier league players.

Looks like your theory didn't work too well last season.

Mane seems very happy at the club. The problem may be that the club is getting keen to cash in on him, as his transfer value has soared. They do seem to sell one or two of the most valuable players every year and maybe this is part of their financial plan, and also one of the reasons Koeman may not want to extend. However, even if they would prefer the money, they'd be better off waiting another year or two, as he is is improving fast and his value could double again.

From a personal point of view, I think Mane is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen play for Southampton and I'll be very sad to see him sold to a rival club. Real Madrid for 40 million in 2 years' time, I could accept.

Same stuff which was up on the OS a few days ago. Wouldn't read anything into those comments either way. A player doesn't need to be "unhappy" in order to leave a club. It also doesn't mean that Saints aren't looking to offload to the highest bidder anyway.

Mane seems very happy at the club. The problem may be that the club is getting keen to cash in on him, as his transfer value has soared. They do seem to sell one or two of the most valuable players every year and maybe this is part of their financial plan, and also one of the reasons Koeman may not want to extend. However, even if they would prefer the money, they'd be better off waiting another year or two, as he is is improving fast and his value could double again.

I don't know why so many Saints fans think it is the club's business plan to sell their best players. If given the choice I doubt they would, but they know if a player isn't going to sign a new deal, or will be a disruptive influence if unhappy for a prolonged period then they have to be sold. Its not a long term "plan" to sell them, they are sold to the club to its credit of having a lot of players who can attract interest from clubs with bigger wages and Champions League football on offer.

From a personal point of view, I think Mane is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen play for Southampton and I'll be very sad to see him sold to a rival club. Real Madrid for 40 million in 2 years' time, I could accept.

Unless he signs a new contract in 2 years time he will be worth £0, not £40m, as his contract will expire.

Same stuff which was up on the OS a few days ago. Wouldn't read anything into those comments either way. A player doesn't need to be "unhappy" in order to leave a club. It also doesn't mean that Saints aren't looking to offload to the highest bidder anyway.

Exactly. This piece covers all bases and eventualities anyway "“hopefully we will build a great team like this season,” he said. “We will prepare for our national team games and after we will see what happens for next season.”

I think Mane is in a similar situation to Lambert when there were rumours of him moving. I think he's happy at the club, and seems really grounded as a person. If the right deal came for him AND the club, he'd move. But he'd also be a gentleman and honour his contract without rocking the boat if that's what was asked

I think Mane is in a similar situation to Lambert when there were rumours of him moving. I think he's happy at the club, and seems really grounded as a person. If the right deal came for him AND the club, he'd move. But he'd also be a gentleman and honour his contract without rocking the boat if that's what was asked

Not sure about any of that! - Didn't Sadio go on strike to get a move to us?!

Not sure about any of that! - Didn't Sadio go on strike to get a move to us?!

Yeah he did, refused to train! And I'm sure he kicked up a little bit of fuss last summer, as Koeman said his mind wasn't right? or am i confusing him with someone else?

Yeah he did, refused to train! And I'm sure he kicked up a little bit of fuss last summer, as Koeman said his mind wasn't right? or am i confusing him with someone else?

Though that was Vic at the start of the season

Re. Mane refusing to train prior to a move to us, not saying you aren't right, but can you stick the link up to what actually happened there?

:spaz:

:lol: But surely the net spend table is more important, we're not anything unless we spend more than other clubs. :spaz:

You must have the iq of a rodent. My respond was to a statement about squad investment. I highlighted the fact that investment in squad is primarily from sale funds.

So what is your "spaz" comment about you spaz???

Selective quoting fry-man? Whatever floats your boat...

Not really, happy to quote your entire post. Here it is.

Some of you think we are doing really well so should just be content with the annual upheaval of player sales. What other club do you see players being constantly picked off at our rate. We are at the point of really transitioning as a club to greater things because of the scouting system and what the old man did at the guidance of Cortese. You would have to be blind to see with the daughter there HASN'T been a change in direction.

My thoughts, everyone is entitled to theirs but this doesn't half **** me off.

...it's total drivel, start to finish.

Question remains - are we doing well then, or not?

You must have the iq of a rodent. My respond was to a statement about squad investment. I highlighted the fact that investment in squad is primarily from sale funds.

So what is your "spaz" comment about you spaz???

:lol: Can't you just be happy the team has been fun excellently and Kat has been brilliant?