K.Billy: "5 players want to leave this Summer"

trousers

No sweat, the black box has probably got 4 of those already covered, no cause for alarm.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I've got to say, and it feels a bit odd considering previous summers, but I'm not bothered by who goes, I'm more excited to see who arrives.

Black Box didn't really cover itself with glory last summer though did it ? (with exception of VVD).

Jesus take your head out sand. Will be a disaster if we lose all of them.

I wasn't the one suggesting the squad was fine without them. I was replying to the post from Nolan showing a depleted squad and saying "I don't see an issue"

Why are we in the slightest bit surprised?? No doubt Tadic & Wanyama have been a lot better in the last 5 or 6 games of the season, but for long parts they were pretty poor.

Juanmi & Pelle is pretty obvious too. Both want to return home, for different reasons, but both can be replaced.

Mane is a bit different, but an offer of £30m+ would be a cracking deal.

I reckon we can get excellent replacements for less than we would raise from selling them.

I'm not worried........

Daily Mirror reporting Arsenal want to sign Mane and a "bid of £17m could secure him"....ffs if they are going to make stuff up at least make it believable, £17m...lol.

Could be believable...if they are including Ox + £17mil.

7 years of continual improvement, we've just qualified for Europa League Group Stage, club has my patience and belief. Would rather not have players here who don't want to be here. Will be absolutely gutted if Tadic leaves. It does seem a little surreal having seen the end of the season and the team spirit that seemed to be evident in that last game (celebration for Pelle's goal). Its been an amazing journey, and I don't think its over yet. Pelle is worth keeping if, as others have said, he wants to stay. Makes absolutely no sense to get rid of a proven Premier League goal scorer. He does actually seem to care about the club.

As long as there's no "my head is in x club" articles anybody that leaves goes with my thanks. Anybody who comes in, will have my full support. The interesting thing is, the usual "I want to leave to play in Europe" stuff won't fly this year.

A few of them thinking of jumping ship may do well to have a look at Clyne, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Morgan and to a lesser extent, Shaw. Yes, they may have all just got to various cup finals, but two of them didn't play and the others aren't in Europe next year and we are. Perhaps the whole Leicester thing may make them think what can be achieved by staying together?

If its a money thing, pay accordingly, to what we can afford, and to the level of the player's importance. Mane, Wanyama, Tadic should arguably be in and around our highest paid players anyway. The Club has shown its willing to renew contracts in recent weeks and Forster and VD were huge statements. If we offer and they turn it down, fair enough, but lets reward those that have got us here. End of the day, we were only 3-4 points off Champions League. Not saying it will be that close next year, but the foundations are there to build on.

Koeman's comments around ambition were telling. Fully expect him to be here next year, but one thing missed with the Leicester love in and their race with Spurs was that Leicester's net spend this season was actually £30mil on top of those they kept in Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan. Spurs made a profit in their trading, and when all was said and done, when the Ali's and Dembele were missing, Spurs self destructed.

Would be good to see the club spending a bit more than we receive if we can afford it now, and backing the manager. The value of the club is only going to rise with a good season in Europe. Mane will be away this year for a month for African Nations (season before last, that really impacted us). Whether he stays or goes, we need reinforcements in his position.

You can't go anywhere with people who don't want to be somewhere.

Leicester are the classic example this year - a tight bunch who all wanted the same thing.

Mane, tadic, Pelle & Wanyama had bad patches this year for this exact reason.

Get top ££££ - bring in people like VVD, Long, JRod etc.. Who want to be here and listen to the media say how do they do it again next May.

Wouldnt worry about the Long rumour. He's v happy here.

No doubt he's happy here, but would he be able to resist the lure of Anfield ?

Klopp,Kop, tradition, most special fans with their terrace wit, (second only to the bestest), YNWA making your spine tingle every game, and of course those special European nights. All of which adds up to ££££

Out of reporting today:

Mane - Depay

Tadic - Son

Wanyama - Morgan

A striker is needed anyhow as I have big doubts about Austin/Pelle leading the lines. I d not have good suggestions though. Mou will not settle with Morgan and no other big clubs will buy him. Depay is pure potential but needs the belief of a manager. Son has skills and work rate.

Out of reporting today:

Mane - Depay

Tadic - Son

Wanyama - Morgan

A striker is needed anyhow as I have big doubts about Austin/Pelle leading the lines. I d not have good suggestions though. Mou will not settle with Morgan and no other big clubs will buy him. Depay is pure potential but needs the belief of a manager. Son has skills and work rate.

RK might fancy chancing it with Depay, but I expect he'll be looking for stupid money.

No real knowkledge of Son so can't comment, but the Morgan suggestion is fanciful in the extreme. If Mourinho turfs him out I'd expect Poch to be at the front of the queue.

It seems you are not aware that since Tadic joined Saints only Fabregas & Ozil have more assists than him in the Premier League!

He has been superb for us.

Do the Ward-prowse photo again and your mindless, context-free parroting of his stats.

The club have shown they are more than capable of replacing them and improving the squad. We've finished in a higher league place each season for the last 7 years! How many clubs manage that over a sustained period? The club is in a very good place in terms of its structures and systems to deal with things like this which are products of success, not failure.

I expect some important players will leave this summer, but I have confidence in the recruitment department to be able to find very good replacements. They have a strong track record over many seasons.

The time to worry is when we don't have players the really rich clubs want, as that would indicate we've had a drop in player quality. We are a long way from that happening.

Anyway... here is every league goal from this record breaking season after yet another summer of "meltdown". Finishing 6th and beating Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs in the same season is an odd "meltdown". Clearly it is possible to stop the rot...

Pelle - meh

Juanmi - see ya

Vic - big loss but been on the cards for a year

Mane - should not be sold

Tadic - brilliant in the last 6 games or so but like pelle, can disappear for large chunks of the season

Spot on Batman. If there is one player we should break the bank for it's Mane - he is the spark for so much of our attacking force; brilliant already but much more to come.

Fine, but it will be interesting to see if WHU can keep Payet and whether we can keep Mané.

Think I'm right in saying he's recently signed a new deal rumoured to be in the £120,000 a week mark. At the end of the day, that's what keeps a player, and evidently if any of ours end up at Liverpool this season then it's what lures one away as well, apart from history of course because all players care about that...

4 excellent proven players replaced with 3 unproven players from poor leagues and an unnamed DM leaves us stronger?!

you mean like when Lambert, Lallana, Shaw and Clyne left ......and we bought in Tadic, Mane, Pelle and Alderweireld.?

(yes he left too, but he wasn't ours in the first place.)

No team is unchanged forever, it evolves.....some come and stay, others leave....some retire, or are " retired" by injuries. Very few players stay out their entire career.

For those who have moved on, some of them may look at their bank balances with satisfaction, whilst they look on (from the bench) at the real action on the pitch.

What I'd really like to see is a 5 year contract signed by Ronald Koeman. As for the "nonsense" about upsetting players.....most are these guys are paid far more than Koeman might have got when he played, and his record is second to none. If they're part of the squad they need to fight for a place and not with each other (ala Osvaldo).

Edited by david in sweden

It seems you are not aware that since Tadic joined Saints only Fabregas & Ozil have more assists than him in the Premier League!

He has been superb for us.

he does it in clusters of games. not very consistent at all IMO

he spent a fair bit of the middle of the season, on the bench. Fabregas and Ozil dont do that

he spent a fair bit of the middle of the season, on the bench. Fabregas and Ozil dont do that

We can use the same argument for Mane as well who went about 4 months without a goal in the middle of the season despite being our "best" player.

And so it begins.

Indeed; but its becoming such a yearly ritual that I am starting to think the club is either triggering it or encouraging it.

I guess summet evisceration is part of their business plan. If they are delivering year-on-year improvement, why stop ?

The summer break following a table drop will be interesting..I guess not much has changed since the Lowe days, except no dividend is being paid

We can use the same argument for Mane as well who went about 4 months without a goal in the middle of the season despite being our "best" player.

I'd say VvD and Shane long this season are above him as our 'best'

Mane was rarely dropped for form though. Unlike Tadic.

Tadic is good but LIKE pelle, he falls off a cliff in the middle of the season.

I guess this all ties in with the post a semi-ITK'er saying that Ron wants ambition in rebuilding the side.

Indeed; but its becoming such a yearly ritual that I am starting to think the club is either triggering it or encouraging it.

I guess summet evisceration is part of their business plan. If they are delivering year-on-year improvement, why stop ?

The summer break following a table drop will be interesting..I guess not much has changed since the Lowe days, except no dividend is being paid

No one has yet explained how you keep a player who won't sign a new contract. You either sell him for full value with two years left or for reduced value with one year left or let him go for nothing. Admittedly, sometimes the reduced value option is the best one--we needed Clyne for last year and Wanyama for this year. Sometimes the nothing is a good option--we should have kept Cork until last summer to cover for Wanyama and Schneiderlin. But I just don't see how the board can keep these players. They can offer raises but not to the level that Tottenham or Liverpool can afford to pay and we cannot guarantee European Football, much less Champions League football. On the other hand, perhaps no one in England will be able to guarantee that anymore--we may see a drain of the best players to clubs like PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, and Bayern--so our relative disadvantage may be shrinking.

We shall see.

But Alpine, just as a fun experiment, try not panicking this year. You might enjoy it and have a good summet.

Hello, I'm looking for this Summer's meltdown thread. Can anyone tell me if I'm in the right place please?

Lol.

It would be handy to have a list of posters who will be having a 3rd consecutive meltdown.

If they want to go then let them, the only problem I have is that these things drag on as we obviously want top dollar.

This causes all the unrest within the squad and fanbase as players start throwing their toys. We do not want to start the season with players sulking like this year so if possible get it done early.

If they want to go then let them, the only problem I have is that these things drag on as we obviously want top dollar.

This causes all the unrest within the squad and fanbase as players start throwing their toys. We do not want to start the season with players sulking like this year so if possible get it done early.

the key is on who we replace them with. We have to be better than last summer IMO

Loads online linking us with a player called Dennis Praet. any good anyone?

Edited by Batman

yes bcsuse we dont ant another season like last season.

to think where we would be if Junami was any good or clasie was able to play more than once a week

Cedric was/is a pretty weak right back who can have the odd good game. The 1st half of the season, coupled with 8 defeats in 10...

throw in Ron telling us all he wants to see 'ambition'....do you think he is just saying that for effect?

It would be nice to keep players but what Leicester have shown is that team dynamics are more important for a team like us that can not shell out £20m for every player we get in.

Not sure to stick with seventh place prediction I've said for the last couple of seasons or to up it to fifth for this coming season.

We march on.

We all have our little rituals, don't we? Some people have a daily ritual of ploughing through a 24-pack of Ferrero Rocher every morning before ten thirty.

Fine, but it will be interesting to see if WHU can keep Payet and whether we can keep Mané.

Difference is that payet is 29 and West Ham have kept him by giving him a contract where he'll apparently be on 120k+ pw at 34. I doubt any other clubs would've been willing to do that

You mean he has periods of good form, yes? A creative footballer having periods of good form where they are confident and free of injury and other periods of a season where they aren't in great form. who'd have thought it.

Are people having a laugh thinking Tadic is irreplaceable?

Agree with others Mane is one we need to keep but if his head is not with us fck him. Team spirit is paramount.

irreplaceable no. tricky to replace probably.

vvd was a great signing last summer and cuco has exceeded expectations, but if we lost mane and tadic, we've lost a couple of key attributes which aren't present in the rest of the team and if we don't successfully replace like for like or at least add some extra dimensions to the team we might begin struggling to score again.

we're treading into the unknown again a bit and this time doing so apparently without a long term manager to select and convince the best we can get.