K.Billy: "5 players want to leave this Summer"

trousers

None of those are a surprise.

Tadic - maybe a surprise to some but he had a run in with Koeman earlier in the season which suggested he'd leave this summer - given his contract and age maybe it's a good time to sell him - I expect he'll follow Pelle to Italy for one last big payday

'

Given his age? One last payday?

He's 27 ffs. He has potentially another 5 years playing at this level and could even improve over the next couple.

No great shock with any of them. Mane and Wanyama have been wanting to leave for a year, it's been public knowledge. We've had a year to find replacements. Pelle hasn't seemed happy for about 6 months and that culminated with him being dropped against whoever it was because of his attitude. There was something in the Echo late last year that Tadic wanted to leave England all together because he wasn't happy here and as for Juanmi...He's just this generation's Ryan Smith.

he does it in clusters of games. not very consistent at all IMO

he spent a fair bit of the middle of the season, on the bench. Fabregas and Ozil dont do that

Yeah, we should get rid and sign one of those two.

****ing hell. How spoilt is our fanbase these days that a player like Tadic is deemed not good enough.

Yeah, we should get rid and sign one of those two.

****ing hell. How spoilt is our fanbase these days that a player like Tadic is deemed not good enough.

No one wants to get rid of Tadic but people like to have hysterics over how uniquely brilliant and irreplaceable all our players are. 7 years of continual improvement and people are still thinking we will never replace x or y and we always do.

Just because 5 want out doesn't mean all 5 are leaving.

You could probably find 5 or more players from every club that wants to leave.

It will be down RK who leaves and who.stays so I have faith he knows what he is doing,no meltdown needed imo

Just like it was last summer and the summer before that? A disaster is when a plane crashes. A bit of perspective is required.

You complete muppet. Obviously everything is relative. What is the point if you.

it is bizarre how some on here almost celebrate upheaval. We must be one of a very few sporting models that breaks up a successful side by getting rid of the most influential players.

The arrogance to believe that time and again the arrivals will come good is remarkable.

I hope as a Saints fan that the faith in the black box is well founded.

If I was RK I would be off to a club that builds its stability not unpicks it.

Iam in the concerned camp, but as has been pointed out we have done it before and so lets hope for the best.

it is bizarre how some on here almost celebrate upheaval. We must be one of a very few sporting models that breaks up a successful side by getting rid of the most influential players.

The arrogance to believe that time and again the arrivals will come good is remarkable.

I hope as a Saints fan that the faith in the black box is well founded.

If I was RK I would be off to a club that builds its stability not unpicks it.

Iam in the concerned camp, but as has been pointed out we have done it before and so lets hope for the best.

...didn't you just call that "arrogance"/Isn't that a tad contradictory? :S

Have we all forgot how Wanyama threw a strop?? He has a year on his contract. Someone will pay more than us. He has already said he wants to go. His attitude (& his performances) at times this season has been appalling. Or Mane being late twice.........Tadic's opta stats are great which actually makes it even worse because he could be so much better..........

Juanmi simply hasn't worked out

Pelle is not first choice. I don't think he will be next season either.

Truth is we have a stadium that holds 33000 which is quite small compared to the biggest clubs. Our wage bill is nowhere near those in the top 10. Our owner, whilst brilliant, wont bung a £1billion in just for fun.

All of that is common knowledge.................to every other team in the world.

We are punching way above weight at the moment.

Reality check please.

Have we all forgot how Wanyama threw a strop?? He has a year on his contract. Someone will pay more than us. He has already said he wants to go. His attitude (& his performances) at times this season has been appalling. Or Mane being late twice.........Tadic's opta stats are great which actually makes it even worse because he could be so much better..........

Truth is we have a stadium that holds 33000 which is quite small compared to the biggest clubs. Our wage bill is nowhere near those in the top 10. Our owner, whilst brilliant, wont bung a £1billion in just for fun.

All of that is common knowledge.................to every other team in the world.

Reality check please.

:thumbup: Good post. Although every year that the tv money goes up make the attendance less important and evens the playing field a bit. Gate money is only around 10-15% of income now irrc.

Have we all forgot how Wanyama threw a strop?? He has a year on his contract. Someone will pay more than us. He has already said he wants to go. His attitude (& his performances) at times this season has been appalling. Or Mane being late twice..........

For those reasons I wonder if RK wouldn't mind seeing them out of the door, whilst of course making the approporiate noises about the club trying to keep them etc, then bringing in players he believes are better disciplined and he can rely on.

Reality check please.

Ive been supporting Saints for nearly 50 years and almost as brainwashed as a lot of other Saints fans in accepting that we should be thankful for 6th place.

We could afford to have a good go as we now have the extra PL riches, as well as a surplus in transfer dealings, but lets be thankful that we are punching above our weight (something I don't believe)

I would add that if RK sign an extension it ould allay some of my concerns

Edited by OldNick

Reality check please.

This x100.

Mane quote...

As for Mane, with 15 goals to his name, he was thrilled with how the year had gone as well.

'I think we are so happy. At the beginning our ambition was to get European football and now we are really happy. We are really proud and I hope everyone is happy, especially the fans. It`s amazing because every footballer has ambition to reach European football. We are so happy and hopefully we are going to do much better in the Europa League.'

Scoring six times in the final five games to book our place, he spoke of it being a team effort regardless of who scored the goals that counted.

'We are just happy because I think it was an amazing season. We are just so happy like we always are when we win games. The most important thing is we are a team and hopefully we will build a great team like this season. We will all prepare for our national team games now and after we will see what happens for next season.'

Read more: http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=447652#ixzz49Nbgqowl

If Mane, Wanyama and Tadic want to go after the season we've had, seeing what Leicester have done and seeing what has happened to Morgan etc good luck to them. Need to get in players like VVD who have something they don't have, loyalty. Can't afford to get more than one player this summer who doesn't have a loyal head on his shoulders IMO

Funny how hours after our group stage qualification is confirmed, we get negative news from our 2 trusted ITKs.

I'm not knocking the info one bit, but I question the timing of the news.

If your sources in the club gave you this info, then these sources might not have the club s best interests at heart.

Why not let the supporters surf on a feelgood factor wave for a few days? Season tickets sales are ongoing, having this news out will lead to a summer of speculation, the papers will grab this info and start making rumors up and supporters will get worried and will think twice before committing a fair amount of dough on a season ticket, players thinking about joining us will have second thoughts...

I get it you are reporting the info you were given, i just don't understand the logic behind this.

Now we've got group stages ideal scenario would be to lose just Juanmi and maybe one other (Wanyama). To lose 4 first team players yet again I feel might be a stretch too far with at least 6 extra tough games to deal with plus Koeman wouldn't want that.

I say that with players that have more than a year left we put our foot down like Everton did last summer with stones and say no, obviously if a silly 40m + offer comes in for Mane we probably should accept provided we get a replacement in first.

Where will Tadic go that is the question? Can't see any CL club wanting him, would Chelsea want him? Where could he step up from here if he stays in England?

Funny how hours after our group stage qualification is confirmed, we get negative news from our 2 trusted ITKs.

If your sources in the club gave you this info, then these sources might not have the club s best interests at heart.

Why not let the supporters surf on a feelgood factor wave for a few days? Season tickets sales are ongoing, having this news out will lead to a summer of speculation, the papers will grab this info and start making rumors up and supporters will get worried and will think twice before committing a fair amount of dough on a season ticket, players thinking about joining us will have second thoughts...

I get it you are reporting the info you were given, i just don't understand the logic behind this.

Can't speak for K billy, But for me Wanyama, Pelle, Mane have been on the cards for a while now, Juanmi leaving wan't even a secret, Tadic was new even to me.

As for the reasoning, as i speculated on a different thread, perhaps the club are getting nowhere in Koeman negotiations and want to ease in a new manager rather than let him see out his contract, which would mean no certainty for the players, and hoping a good coach/manager suddenly becomes available at the end of season.

As i stated in the other thread, that is speculation based on the aftermath of the board meeting in the middle of our slump, not resulting from latest talks.

Can't speak for K billy, But for me Wanyama, Pelle, Mane have been on the cards for a while now, Juanmi leaving wan't even a secret, Tadic was new even to me.

As for the reasoning, as i speculated on a different thread, perhaps the club are getting nowhere in Koeman negotiations and want to ease in a new manager rather than let him see out his contract, which would mean no certainty for the players, and hoping a good coach/manager suddenly becomes available at the end of season.

As i stated in the other thread, that is speculation based on the aftermath of the board meeting in the middle of our slump, not resulting from latest talks.

Thanks for the info, Guan. (Hopefully an available coach doesn't include LvG :))

I was thinking about this earlier, was it this time last year (or the year before?) that you or K,Billy was saying they felt some of our replacement targets were unrealistic?

Hoping we've nailed down our targets this summer.

Maybe it's a question of the sooner the better, to give the club more time to regroup before next season?

And I really find it difficult to believe the shane long rumours about leicester or the dippers. I thought the main reason he agreed to come here in the first place was for family reasons, doesn't his mrs come from reading and he wanted to move down to the south coast because of that?

If Mane, Wanyama and Tadic want to go after the season we've had, seeing what Leicester have done and seeing what has happened to Morgan etc good luck to them. Need to get in players like VVD who have something they don't have, loyalty. Can't afford to get more than one player this summer who doesn't have a loyal head on his shoulders IMO

Perhaps a tad naive? VVD's new contract probably doubled his money but added a £30m+ release clause if superclub comes calling. Beware Suarez and his Liverpool contract extension in December 2013.

Thats why Koeman probably won't sign a new contract.

If those players did all go that would bring in a lot of money to reinvest on signings and probably mean we could save a large chunk of the TV money.

But it is somewhat annoying that despite being 6th in the "best league in the world" we are operating under conditions where the best players tend to want to leave.

Would be nice for once to have a calm summer!

Great... You can see why Cortese fecked off now. All too regular a thing every summer. "Showcase" club hey... Sell the bloody club off if you want to milk it love... PATHETIC

Aye if my ST had arrived I would send it back in disgust. Club is in a hopeless state. When will it end?

When it comes to these 5 players, i really dont see a big problem. I dont see anyone who isn't replaceable. I only worry about Forster and Van Dijk, who i have no clue who to replace it with but otherwise:

Pelle -> Borja Bastón

Tadic -> Kostic

Juanmi -> Asensio

Mané -> Inaki Williams/ João Mário / Promes

Wanyama -> Dendoncker / Zakaria

Maybe add 1/2 more 'cheap' players to the squad like Ziyech and Van Ginkel and i think the squad would even become stronger.

Need to get in players like VVD who have something they don't have, loyalty.

Dont get it twisted, if a big, big club comes next summer Virgil wants to leave as well. Celtic removed Virgil from the squad for one match because Arsenal put it a last minute bid on him and he wanted to leave and at Groningen he already said publicly during the winter that he wanted to leave the next summer.

The only people that have a little bit of loyalty in football are the fans, you can forget about the rest. They all (well 99% of the players) move along when they can earn more and who wouldn't if they can earn 2/3/4/5 times more somewhere else? They are all the same and i dont care really, i start worrying when nobody is interested in players.

Great... You can see why Cortese fecked off now. All too regular a thing every summer. "Showcase" club hey... Sell the bloody club off if you want to milk it love... PATHETIC

Do try and maintain that low post count, won't you? Ta.

Some of you think we are doing really well so should just be content with the annual upheaval of player sales. What other club do you see players being constantly picked off at our rate. We are at the point of really transitioning as a club to greater things because of the scouting system and what the old man did at the guidance of Cortese. You would have to be blind to see with the daughter there HASN'T been a change in direction.

My thoughts, everyone is entitled to theirs but this doesn't half **** me off.

There have been points in Tadic's Saints career where I've felt they wouldn't even recoup half of what they bought him for, so benign has he been.

Without doubt, he found some hot form in the final handful of games - and if that's enough to get him a lucrative move elsewhere at at ridiculously overinflated price, good luck to him. I don't think he's anywhere near irreplaceable and, frankly, if Saints made a profit on him and were able to bring in, say, Ziyech, I don't think that'd be bad business all round.

Although I find it hard to believe there are clubs queuing around the block to sign Tadic.

Pelle's served his purpose and been gradually eased out of the starting XI, so I wouldn't imagine his departure having a major impact.

Juanmi's been a nothing player and whether he stays or goes probably makes no difference to anyone except him.

The club's hands are tied in respect to Wanyama if he won't extend his contract, and they've had at least a year to consider his likely exit and line up a replacement.

Mane could be this season's Schneilderlin/Wanyama, where he wants to go but the club tell him he's got to suck it up and play another year (and then leave the following summer). His market value wouldn't be as high as it is now, but I think his value to the team and the next campaign is more important. Now Long's gone central, we don't have any wide attackers other than Mane who aren't ploddingly slow.

I doubt all five players will go. The board might have to dig their heels in a bit and endure the odd tantrum, but they should be used to it by now.

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Some of you think we are doing really well so should just be content with the annual upheaval of player sales. What other club do you see players being constantly picked off at our rate. We are at the point of really transitioning as a club to greater things because of the scouting system and what the old man did at the guidance of Cortese. You would have to be blind to see with the daughter there HASN'T been a change in direction.

My thoughts, everyone is entitled to theirs but this doesn't half **** me off.

The change of direction being the largest ever investment in players this club has ever seen, and two of the highest points totals and finishes this club has ever achieved.

I can certainly see a change in direction, I agree - you'd have to be blind not to see that.

The change of direction being the largest ever investment in players this club has ever seen, and two of the highest points totals and finishes this club has ever achieved.

I can certainly see a change in direction, I agree - you'd have to be blind not to see that.

And becoming self sustaining in the process. Only completely ungrateful ******s could come out with criticism of KL

#net spend table. Look where we sit.