The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

This truly would be a disaster. Having lived in the US the past few years and been subjected to Klinsmann's "style" of play I can guarantee the fans will be restless very quickly. The US mens team has struggled against such heavyweight nations such as Guatemala, jamaica and others. His teams are tedious, defensive and just plain awful.

This would be bizarre as he would not seem to tick the boxes we supposedly want ticked.

Klinsmann played a HUGE role in the restructure of German football, especially the youth structure post-2002 World Cup. And led a transitional side to the semi finals of a World Cup. And has a win rate of nearly 60%. And his a global/renowned name. Don't know anything about his style of football but he doesn't sound too bad to me.

Klinsmann played a HUGE role in the restructure of German football, especially the youth structure post-2002 World Cup. And led a transitional side to the semi finals of a World Cup. And has a win rate of nearly 60%. And his a global/renowned name. Don't know anything about his style of football but he doesn't sound too bad to me.

The part about the re-structure of German is the bit that has me pretty intrigued. However, how his teams play is not something I have a lot of knowledge about.

However is it that bad to be counter-attacking if we have pace in Long, Mane and potentially Redmond. I am confused by the interest all the same

Would be happy for him to come in as part of a academy/connection to U.S.A coach etc as a first team manager managing in Europe and the Premier League not so much....

It's not going to be Klinnsman.

How do you know? All ads up with teh German connection and JK's love of bringing through youth players (I dunno if that's true, I'm just going by what I've read on here).

This has taken so many twists and turns. More so than any Saints manager appointment that I can remember, even the times we eventually appointed Pardew/Adkins. Last time it was only ever Koeman or Yakkin, apart from that weird two or three days were Dario Gradi was the favourite. It doesn't feel like a Saints manager search without that guy's name being mentioned.

I've a nice Bordeaux, Chilean Carmenere, Tuscan all ready to go. Unfortunately just some rather nasty German Kabinett. So hope it's not Germany as would rather have a bottle of Alpecin.

Nothing wrong with blue nuns on the match threads.

Philip Lahm wasn't impressed either...http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/usmnt-news/2015/2/6/7992829/jurgen-klinsmann-usa-fitness-philipp-lahm

"We practically only practiced fitness under Klinsmann. There was very little technical instruction and the players had to get together independently before the game to discuss how we wanted to play.

All the players knew after about eight weeks that it was not going to work out with Klinsmann. The remainder of that campaign was nothing but limiting the damage."

I know a journey from Sirius FC the digital sports radio over here thats dedicated to all things "soccer". I just asked him and he said he's not heard a thing but he's double checking, if anyone would know i recon he would.

Some Claude Puel news...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Licenciement-de-claude-puel-la-cour-de-cassation-donne-raison-a-l-ol/698140

Traduction/Translation

Olympique Lyonnais will not have to pay 6,977,574 euros claimed by Claude Puel, who the club had dismissed in June 2011 for "serious misconduct". The club said on Wednesday in a statement that "the Supreme Court rejected all the arguments put forward by Mr. Claude Puel, confirming definitively the judgment of 10 February 2015 by the Court of Appeal of Lyon which confirmed itself the judgment of the Council of Lyons Industrial Tribunal of 27 March 2014".

I know a journey from Sirius FC the digital sports radio over here thats dedicated to all things "soccer". I just asked him and he said he's not heard a thing but he's double checking, if anyone would know i recon he would.

He says he's heard nothing and would be amazed if Southampton took that much of a risk!!!

So how many favourites have there been so far??

Howe

FdB

Garcia

Puel

Pelligrini

Klinsmann

Anyone else? Not sure that I have ever seen a managerial appointment with so many favourites at different times.

No one has dropped as considerably in a short space of time and as low as Klinsmann.

Edited by Saint IQ

Maybe he's coming in as a coach/manager for our academy we're setting up in the US and people have misread the info they're getting, here's hoping anyway.

Some people have clearly piled a lot of money on him becoming the next manager in the markets today he was 50-1 on Betfred at 4.30 and 33-1 at William Hill at 4.15

Now as low as 1/3 http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager/bet-history/jurgen-klinsmann/today

I believe in preseason friendly links: it's gonna be Ernesto Valverde or Ron Jans

I raised Valverde a while ago in immediate response to K Billy's "mystery man" comment...

It wasn't dismissed or denied. I reckon it could be him.

We have solid links with Athletic and we are playing them this pre season, not only that but we are involved in the set up of their club, they have always relied on bringing through local kids, they play our style of football and they love Matt Le Tiss.

Would be excited if he is the man.

But, he hasn't even been linked elsewhere so no idea.

Will claim itk though it it does happen :lol:

"Much like Southampton, Athletic Club have largely improved season-on-season in recent times.

When they won the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup at St Mary’s in 2011, Marcelo Bielsa had not long been in charge of the side, with striker Fernando Llorente tipped for a big season, and young midfielder Ander Herrera making his breakthrough at the club.

Despite leading Bilbao to the Europa League final and making it into the round of 32 the following season, Bielsa left his post at the end of the 2012/13 campaign.

He was replaced with Spaniard Ernesto Valverde, who has taken Bilbao to three consecutive top-seven finishes in La Liga, as well as Champions League qualification and a Spanish Super Cup title.

In that time, Bilbao completed a new stadium, with the impressive San Mamés opening in September 2013, boasting a 53,289 capacity.

And Blibao have become a symbol of progress in that time under the guidance of Valverde, taking the team to a fifth-place finish in La Liga last season, which included progression to the quarter-finals of the Europa League, as well as a Spanish Super Cup success.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160621-athletic-club-pre-season-friendly-profile-3147360.aspx#40eyVvePfAhG4vI1.99"

It's very unlike the press not to have a snippet of Pellegrini becoming our new manager.

Could be the Jack Schitt has taken many Saints fans for a ride.

Seems that way doesn't it he has the Puel back up .

K Billy posted earlier on another thread so don't think it close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very unlike the press not to have a snippet of Pellegrini becoming our new manager.

Could be the Jack Schitt has taken many Saints fans for a ride.

I'd agree with that. I'd add that there may be a clue in the username of jack schitt.