The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

I can't tell what ITK radio-silence means.

It means that something is happening and the club no longer want juicy tidbits fed to the fans. Or nothing is happening and they don't want to compromise their ITK status by saying something and being held hostage by their words.

Terms and conditions apply and other reasons may be valid.

Guan suggested that if MP was being considered then at least 2 board members have done a huge u-turn on future appointments - maybe this is the stumbling block with MP and why we're hearing of rumours of others now, when 36hrs ago we had been told it was a goer.

Guan suggested that if MP was being considered then at least 2 board members have done a huge u-turn on future appointments - maybe this is the stumbling block with MP and why we're hearing of rumours of others now, when 36hrs ago we had been told it was a goer.

Why should any board member have a self-imposed limit on a future decision? The suggestion attributed to Guan looks doubtful and with no source given it's not verifiable.

It’s far more likely that the selection panel will reach individual conclusions about candidates based on current factors. It’s possible to have a pre-set picture of what to look for in the ideal manager but to rule someone out because they did not fit with one or other factor decided in advance, would hardly make sense if that meant not appointing the best person available.

Doesnt look like Pelligrini if they are feeding that to The Echo. I would still plump for them producing a name out of the hat that nobody has either heard of or speculated on.

He is named in the artical? Anyway I endorse the clubs view about it being important so will wait to get the right person

He is named in the artical? Anyway I endorse the clubs view about it being important so will wait to get the right person

He is indeed but the fact they want to speak to others and extend it by another week suggests they arent entirely convinced/happy which again harks back to Guan's post as mentioned earlier.

Totally agree about endorsing the clubs view that this is an important appointment, nobody can dispute that.

I doubt Man City are expecting Pellegrini to turn up for work again before his contract expires, what would be the point? So it would be pretty harsh for them to obstruct him looking for a new job.

Speculation, but if you take a job before your contact expires, you forfeit the rest of your pay. Wait until after the contract, pellegrini gets his full pay and Southampton don't have to give him the difference.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I doubt Man City are expecting Pellegrini to turn up for work again before his contract expires, what would be the point? So it would be pretty harsh for them to obstruct him looking for a new job.

I'm somewhat confused here. I thought that Pellegrini's contract was extended until 2017 last summer. So in fact City have terminated it early so he's been sort of sacked, mutual agreement at best.. When you've been terminated then you can seek employment elsewhere even if you're working out some sort of agreed notice period.

that is a terrible list. Howard Wilkinson is still the most recent English manager to win the league (with Leeds), and they finished 4th as well with rod Wallace top goalscorer(?), how can he possible be one of the 5 worst if he actually won it?!?!?!?

I'm somewhat confused here. I thought that Pellegrini's contract was extended until 2017 last summer. So in fact City have terminated it early so he's been sort of sacked, mutual agreement at best.. When you've been terminated then you can seek employment elsewhere even if you're working out some sort of agreed notice period.

You seem to be correct: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2015/august/club-statement-manuel-pellegrini-contract-extension/1438944266

Strange, as I thought he was seeing out his contract that ended this year and then he was being replaced. Maybe there was a break clause.

That makes sense.

Not overly impressed with how long this is taking.

From daily mail article when pep was announced : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3426462/Manchester-City-manager-Manuel-Pellegrini-confirms-summer-Pep-Guardiola-agrees-three-year-deal-club.html

'Before I finish, I want to tell you I have talked with the club and I will finish my contract on the original date,' he said.

Referencing the new contract he penned in the summer Pellegrini added: 'I signed for one year more, but with the clause that the club or me can choose not to use that, so I finish here on the original date, June 30, so there is not the speculation.'

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maybe there are bonuses and other formalities that need sorting out with a manager who, technically speaking, is still under contract. This could reasonably explain the delay until after July 1st. I'd be surprised if Man City would bother obstructing, even if legally they were entitled to some sort of compensation.

Perhaps this is the reason why Saints prefer out of contract managers!

That makes sense.

Not overly impressed with how long this is taking.

As long as potential transfer targets (Redmond?) aren't being jeopardised with us not having a manager we can afford to be relaxed for another week.

As for what the echo says, I really wouldn't pay too much attention - no disrespect to Adam Leitch but I don't think they are too high up the food chain when it comes to titbits being fed from St Marys. I reckon 75% of what they publish they get from this forum and the rest from the nationals. The Echo's glory days are long long ago.....Alas!

As long as potential transfer targets (Redmond?) aren't being jeopardised with us not having a manager we can afford to be relaxed for another week.

As for what the echo says, I really wouldn't pay too much attention - no disrespect to Adam Leitch but I don't think they are too high up the food chain when it comes to titbits being fed from St Marys. I reckon 75% of what they publish they get from this forum and the rest from the nationals. The Echo's glory days are long long ago.....Alas!

Don't forget that Gordon Simpson used to work for the Echo, so wouldn't be surprised if they got a 'scoop' before others.

Ok. Klinsmann. He's been disastrous for the USA. Probably taken them back 20 years as far as progression. Nobody expects the USA to win against Argentina, but 4-0, without a shot on target on home soil, is something you wouldn't even expect in the 1990s. Plus he's more fond of searching out dual citizens in Germany than he is blooding new talent in America.

I'd rather have Roy Hodgson. Or have 'Arry back. Or Joe Kinnear. That's how bad he is. A Klinsmann appointment will either result in an October/November sacking or a campaign in the Championship for the 2017/18 season.

I personally think Pellegrini has been given the job, but can't take it until July because he would forfeit some sort of payment from City. All this stuff the club are putting out about more interviews I don't buy.

Someone in the club playing games as for as Klinnsman goes. Get your money on the Chilean.

I personally think Pellegrini has been given the job, but can't take it until July because he would forfeit some sort of payment from City. All this stuff the club are putting out about more interviews I don't buy.

Someone in the club playing games as for as Klinnsman goes. Get your money on the Chilean.

Yeah ,reckon you could be right.Hope so anyway.

I am not ITK.

I know no one that is ITK.

I know no one that knows no one that is ITK.

However, if I was a betting man I would put my money on MP being our next manager.

Since The Echo has been allowed back into St Mary's they have been the local feed for club leaks. Their latest news basically says 'Wait a while'. There are often hitches in appointments and timescales may slip a little. I personally just think this is the clubs way of soothing expectations prior to the announcement of MP.

As for Klinsman... Ha ha ha ha ha ha etc.

I am not ITK.

I know no one that is ITK.

I know no one that knows no one that is ITK.

However, if I was a betting man I would put my money on MP being our next manager.

Since The Echo has been allowed back into St Mary's they have been the local feed for club leaks. Their latest news basically says 'Wait a while'. There are often hitches in appointments and timescales may slip a little. I personally just think this is the clubs way of soothing expectations prior to the announcement of MP.

As for Klinsman... Ha ha ha ha ha ha etc.

I believe his official abbreviation should be "MPL".