Pre-Season (2016/17)

SuperSAINT

Noticeable in many of the player interviews that they are saying the new style is very different to before, both in terms of the training and how the Manager wants to play and they need time to adapt.

Will be intriguing to see if there are noticeable changes to fans after the first couple of PL games in terms of style.

Initially looks like the full backs will play very high which should suit Bertrand and Cedric.

Do we have a reserve keeper yet, now that Stek has gone? I read that we were linked with the NI keeper

He was rumoured to have turned us down because he didn't want to be a backup. Which is fair enough, I think.

I can't see a Zwolle build up thread on the board so will add this here, anyone know if the game will be streamed tomorrow?

I don't know a lot about Zwolle but assume we'll start this game with a mixture of U21s and first team, doubt we'll see Euro 2016 players feature yet with more challenging games to come.

Good luck to any fans travelling, also a good challenge to get to a game that officially we're banned from.

No doubt Koeman will giving our tour an envious glance as we enjoy the Dutch hospitality in the sun while he's off to Barnsley this weekend!

anyone know what time it is on

Think 6pm UK time.

Will be interesting to see which of the young players make the cut for this trip as surely we won't want to take 30 players as some will need to start playing more than 45mins.

Maybe there will be a live stream for tomorrow? Don't know, I do know its not broadcasted here in Holland. The match against Groningen will be broadcasted live on tv here so thats something at least.

I'm pretty sure it'll be live on YouTube, seeing as this afternoon I received a notification for PEC Zwolle v Saints LIVE on YouTube NOW on my phone and then "this video has been deleted" when I confusedly clicked on it.

So I'm guessing someone loaded it accidentally at the wrong time. (Approximately 1:37pm judging by the message above).

Edited by The9

Looks like only Josh Sims didn't make the Holland trip out of the U21s who went to America.

Big squad (28) to give enough game time to considering there is only one friendly when we get back and the first choice team need to build up to 90mins, but a good chance for Puel to see what he has at his disposal.

another " rumour " suggests we're after the Irish keeper ...Randolph .....currently second choice at WHam.......

Why would he want to leave second choice at West Ham for second choice with us?

Bye bye Dusan.

Surely being kept back for the tougher games later in the week, seeing as Puel will use the first one to give some of the younger lads more game time.

Not every player will be able to feature in every game as we have taken 28 players.

If he were leaving then he would not have travelled yesterday!

Surely being kept back for the tougher games later in the week, seeing as Puel will use the first one to give some of the younger lads more game time.

Not every player will be able to feature in every game as we have taken 28 players.

Well perhaps you're right but I don't see a lot of "young players" in today's starting line up. There's JWP and Redmond of course but that's about it.

Well perhaps you're right but I don't see a lot of "young players" in today's starting line up. There's JWP and Redmond of course but that's about it.

They are all on the bench. Presumably most will be on for the second half.

Personally think we have taken too many players considering there is only one friendly when they get back to England and they will all need game time in Holland but Puel will want to see all the players.

By product of that is not everyone will play every game, especially when some start playing more than 45mins.

And again, for those who prefer the line-up in order of formation... diamond?

SAINTS: Gazzaniga; Martina, Yoshida, Van Dijk, Targett; Romeu; Clasie, Ward-Prowse; Redmond; Austin, Rodriguez.

Yes I do! and I keep asking the claim to do this. Squad numbers mean nothing and make it tricky to work out the formation.

This makes no sense. That is as strong a lineup as we have available. Perhaps Tadic is injured. Whatever the reason for not featuring, it's unlikely to be because he's deliberately being held back for bigger games.

Edited by shurlock

This makes no sense. That is as strong a lineup as we have available. Perhaps Tadic is injured. Whatever the reason for not featuring, it's unlikely to be because he's being held back for bigger games.

Isn't one of them against his old team as well? Most of the players aren't going to play all 3 games so some are going to miss this one as all the players who recently returned have. When they all come back, some others won't be in the squad presumably.

He may have a knock, but clearly its not a sign he is leaving which was initially mentioned.

433?

looks a bit like Rodriguez - Austin - Redmond up top

edit, looks pretty fluid front line. 433 in general but as we attack, our fullbacks get up and any one of the 3 up top will drop deep a little in the build up

Edited by Batman

Well we've looked much, much the better team. Is this Zwolle's first choice line up? They look s**t.

agree.

just after the brief insight into this new set up.

less longer balls

far more movement up top and full backs involved more