Pre-Season (2016/17)

SuperSAINT

Big few weeks for the likes of Isgrove (age 23), McQueen (21), Turnbull (21).

Certainly for Isgrove and McQueen its probably now or never.

Isgrove & McQueen normally tend to start off great, and then dip - Will be interesting to see if they can maintain their form this year.

Is the trip to America for anything other than publicity and to promote some Under Armour gear? Seems strange to fly everyone 8 hours to Baltimore, not exactly a place on most people's bucket lists, just for a bit of training and no friendlies. Would rather see us doing a camp in somewhere like Spain with a couple of friendlies thrown in.

People from Rumania is not easily allowed into US - so could be a visa thing. Worked with. Rumanian guy for a few years and there where more countries then us that declined his visa application.

Cheers kinda makes sense. Just hadn't heard or seen anything from the club in regard to him not going.

Cheers kinda makes sense. Just hadn't heard or seen anything from the club in regard to him not going.

If it were a Visa issue then surely they would have mentioned it in the article as they mentioned Yoshida's visa hassle.

I would think he is either injured or just not selected.

Is the trip to America for anything other than publicity and to promote some Under Armour gear? Seems strange to fly everyone 8 hours to Baltimore, not exactly a place on most people's bucket lists, just for a bit of training and no friendlies. Would rather see us doing a camp in somewhere like Spain with a couple of friendlies thrown in.

They are having a friendly in the US and then 3 more on tour in the Netherlands.

They are having a friendly in the US and then 3 more on tour in the Netherlands.

who is the friendly against in the US?

i think this is the lowest number of games being scheduled that i can remember , no doubt there will be a few others behind closed doors but does worry me that we do not have any 1st team games against other English teams, would be good for the new coach to get some experience i think.

who is the friendly against in the US?

i think this is the lowest number of games being scheduled that i can remember , no doubt there will be a few others behind closed doors but does worry me that we do not have any 1st team games against other English teams, would be good for the new coach to get some experience i think.

What experience can you take from a pre-season game though? They're just for fitness and conditioning, I can't see anything other than that being beneficial to players or manager. He'll get the experience once the season starts proper.

What experience can you take from a pre-season game though? They're just for fitness and conditioning, I can't see anything other than that being beneficial to players or manager. He'll get the experience once the season starts proper.
Its not just fitness and conditioning though, certainly not later games, its playing styles, tactics, players getting used to each other and used to working under the manager. I'd say one game against a decent Championship side like Reading, Brentford or Brighton wouldn't have done any harm.

Have we got a friendly today ? if so,who against.?

Yes, and the OS isn't exactly forthcoming, describing it as a "behind closed doors friendly" and choosing not to mention the opponents:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160714-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-pre-season-friendly-preview-3186464.aspx

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160624-baltimore-southampton-training-camp-announcement-3152646.aspx

Thanks.Guess we'll hear about it somewhere.

With only Shane Long missing in an attacking sense, it shows you how short we are in the attacking third.

If we really aren't going to be making additions there, it will be interesting to see who can make the step up from the U21's.

where is Gardos?

He never went on the trip (I've no idea why). Injury related?

----------------Gazza----------------

Martina---Turnball---Van Dijk---Targett

-----------Romeu----Clasie----------

Redmond--------JWP--------Tadic

---------------Austin---------------

Yep, that's how I'd see the line up