• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

4 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

SOG point was, if at the referendum people had the knowledge that they have now, leave wouldn't win. I agree with that.

So fucking what, it’s just an opinion. I believe that people would have voted differently in the first vote had they known what the Common Market would morph into. We can all play that game. The lies Grocer Heath told when we entered, the lies told by Remain PM’s as they signed subsequent treaties, and their refusal to give the people a vote on Maastricht. All irrelevant, the only thing that matters is whether the British people will vote  to go back in, and the answer is a very large NO. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So fucking what, it’s just an opinion. I believe that people would have voted differently in the first vote had they known what the Common Market would morph into. We can all play that game. The lies Grocer Heath told when we entered, the lies told by Remain PM’s as they signed subsequent treaties, and their refusal to give the people a vote on Maastricht. All irrelevant, the only thing that matters is whether the British people will vote  to go back in, and the answer is a very large NO. 

Would Britons vote to rejoin the EU, or stay out?

Were a new referendum called on whether or not to return to the EU, 51% of Britons would vote to rejoin, compared to 32% who would vote to stay out (giving a headline vote figure of 61% to 39%).

( YOUGOV )

-----------

The comments came as Deltapoll published a survey showing an increase in support for rejoining the EU. Its latest tracker poll, conducted between July 21 and 24, found 56 per cent of people would vote to rejoin if a second referendum was held.

( Daily Telegraph )

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Would Britons vote to rejoin the EU, or stay out?

Were a new referendum called on whether or not to return to the EU, 51% of Britons would vote to rejoin, compared to 32% who would vote to stay out (giving a headline vote figure of 61% to 39%).

( YOUGOV )

-----------

The comments came as Deltapoll published a survey showing an increase in support for rejoining the EU. Its latest tracker poll, conducted between July 21 and 24, found 56 per cent of people would vote to rejoin if a second referendum was held.

( Daily Telegraph )

😂😂 if people really  believe those polls there will be a vote. There’s a reason Sir Kier won’t put another vote in his manifesto, and it’s not because he thinks he’ll win or because of pony polling. Watch those  %’s melt away when it dawns on people they’ll have to give up the £, join Schengen & we’ve lost our rebate. I bet the pollsters didn’t bring that up. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

😂😂 if people really  believe those polls there will be a vote. There’s a reason Sir Kier won’t put another vote in his manifesto, and it’s not because he thinks he’ll win or because of pony polling. Watch those  %’s melt away when it dawns on people they’ll have to give up the £, join Schengen & we’ve lost our rebate. I bet the pollsters didn’t bring that up. 

At face value you are correct, but in a few years time perhaps the EU's attitude to the UK rejoining might well tempt it to slacken some of it's conditions. It all depends on what advantages either side sees for itself.

Sweden joined in 1994 and was obliged to join the EURO zone under the terms of it's accession treaty. It has not, and currently has no plans to do so.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

At face value you are correct, but in a few years time perhaps the EU's attitude to the UK rejoining might well tempt it to slacken some of it's conditions. It all depends on what advantages either side sees for itself

I think most people would vote to join a pre Maastricht EEC, with some FoM adjustments. But, we’ve constantly been told that The EU is a rules based organisation & the four freedoms are non negotiable. Margaret always pushed for expansion, believing the new members would mould it into something more akin to what the British wanted. Maybe this will happen eventually, because I can’t see the French agreeing to any sort of of deal acceptable to The British public. They didn’t want us to join when the raging europhiles Grocer Heath & Harold Wilson were desperate to get us in, they’ll hold this grudge for a couple of generations at least. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Project Fear

• Like 2

On 16/09/2023 at 18:27, Lord Duckhunter said:

As usual, this wab is a reactionary, frothing at the mouth racist mess!

Keep shouting at windmills. The truth is finally breaking through and we will rejoin the EU

You blood pressure will just have to cope! 😂

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

Edited by Warriorsaint
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Another arrow for shooting fish in a barrel:

Yet again you demonstrate your total lack of mathematical capability.

Oh, btw, official UK Government documents show both the IMF and OECD predict that the UK economy will underperform for the rest of the 2023/24 financial year as compared to the Eurozone, and France specifically.

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Yet again you demonstrate your total lack of mathematical capability.

Oh, btw, official UK Government documents show both the IMF and OECD predict that the UK economy will underperform for the rest of the 2023/24 financial year as compared to the Eurozone, and France specifically.

I'm still waiting for that recession the IMF said we was supposed to have in 2020, 2021, and 2022.. and be out performed by Germany and france... 

12 minutes ago, Mosin said:

I'm still waiting for that recession the IMF said we was supposed to have in 2020, 2021, and 2022.. and be out performed by Germany and france... 

Don't you find it funny that whenever the UK Government needs a positive financial story to spin the ONS or OBR manage to find a numerical revision to a previous report that provides it.

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Don't you find it funny that whenever the UK Government needs a positive financial story to spin the ONS or OBR manage to find a numerical revision to a previous report that provides it.

I find it more funny the IMF has predicted wrongly for the UK france and Germany since the vote happened. Still waiting for that recession we was supposed to have every year as they have predicted since we had the vote.... yet Europe is closer to a recession than the UK.. funny stuff, cant wait for its next prediction... but they say we are going to enter yet another recession to change it again a few months later lol like they have for the last good few years now.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mosin said:

I find it more funny the IMF has predicted wrongly for the UK france and Germany since the vote happened. Still waiting for that recession we was supposed to have every year as they have predicted since we had the vote.... yet Europe is closer to a recession than the UK.. funny stuff, cant wait for its next prediction... but they say we are going to enter yet another recession to change it again a few months later lol like they have for the last good few years now.... 

Per capita GDP is still lower than the peak in Q3 2019. There was quite a severe recession, surprised you didnt notice. The real news is though that per capita GDP is up by less than 2.5% since Q3 2008 - a n average growth rate of 0.17% a year. One of the worst in the world. Growth in the 15 years 1993 to 2008 averaged 2.06% - about 13 times higher. 

But I'm sure you're right. Everything is just fine. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/timeseries/mwb6/ukea

• Like 3

17 hours ago, buctootim said:

Per capita GDP is still lower than the peak in Q3 2019. There was quite a severe recession, surprised you didnt notice. The real news is though that per capita GDP is up by less than 2.5% since Q3 2008 - a n average growth rate of 0.17% a year. One of the worst in the world. Growth in the 15 years 1993 to 2008 averaged 2.06% - about 13 times higher. 

But I'm sure you're right. Everything is just fine. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/timeseries/mwb6/ukea

Believe that was called covid 19. Ohh wait let me guess, that was Brexit fault yea? Lol. 

I like how your trying to put covid 19 into a brexit recession..  I like how you left the great recessions of 1992 and 2008 out lol .....

Got to be selective right?

Least we dont have to pay 18 euros for a pack of nappies we can get for 4 quid in the UK...

But it's ok man..  its Brexit fault. Lol 

Any way. Germany is still not pre covid.

Nor is italy.

Nor is france.

Like 16 eu countrys are receiving AID because of covid. Europe is practically in a recession the UK is not... that's all that needs to be said.

Edited by Mosin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mosin said:

Believe that was called covid 19. Ohh wait let me guess, that was Brexit fault yea? Lol. 

But it's ok man..  its Brexit fault. Lol 

Any way. Germany is still not pre covid.

Nor is italy.

Nor is France.

The House of Commons library disagrees........

image.jpeg.61b91f49916655a53ae4a0fc35c785f3.jpeg

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The House of Commons library disagrees........

image.jpeg.61b91f49916655a53ae4a0fc35c785f3.jpeg

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

Strange, I swear I can see both Germany and France behind us, Italy let's see what happens when the EU covid recovery funds end.

If we are one of the worst in the world, as you say, then france and Germany are doing worse, being in the EU hasn't helped them..... they are behind us, yet apparently we have had to deal with the same crap as them eg covid and war in Ukraine plus the apparently devastating effects of brexit, but still find our self doing better than them.. funny shit.... 

1 hour ago, Mosin said:

Strange, I swear I can see both Germany and France behind us, Italy let's see what happens when the EU covid recovery funds end.

If we are one of the worst in the world, as you say, then france and Germany are doing worse, being in the EU hasn't helped them..... they are behind us, yet apparently we have had to deal with the same crap as them eg covid and war in Ukraine plus the apparently devastating effects of brexit, but still find our self doing better than them.. funny shit.... 

"compared to pre-pandemic level"

But you never were any good at reading.

19 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

"compared to pre-pandemic level"

But you never were any good at reading.

And they are wost... we have performed better since.. keep coming with the insults.

I like a good oat cake from the canal boat at bet 365, come join me.

3 hours ago, Mosin said:

How do you manage to so quickly forget what you have posted ?...,..

" Any way. Germany is still not pre covid.

Nor is italy.

Nor is france."

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2023 at 15:37, Warriorsaint said:

Surprise surprise, Steve Baker now says the Brexit vote should have required a 60% supermajority. How this country has fallen in 7 years and now we get the Brexitards regrets.

Destroy the country and say Oops! History will not be kind to these idiots!

Who cares what a former saints right back from the 80s thinks of the Brexit vote. 

• Haha 1

Another nail in the coffin of Remainer delusions:

Forecasts by the Government’s financial watchdog that Brexit would cause significant damage to UK-EU trade have failed to materialise and created “a false narrative” in the minds of the public, a think tank has said. Predictions made by the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) before Britain’s exit from the single bloc suggested that the UK economy would shrink by about 4pc in the long run as a result of Brexit.

But the Institute for Economic Affairs (IEA) said the UK’s trade patterns with the EU failed to show any impact from Brexit, either since the referendum or the end of the transition period. UK exports to EU countries climbed by 13.5pc between 2019 and 2022, before and after Brexit, with exports to non-EU countries growing by 14.3pc, the IEA said. Meanwhile, UK services exports rose by 14.8pc to EU nations and 22.1pc to non-EU countries over the same period.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

The IEA think Brexit is great, who could have possibly predicted that.

Have they finished their report into the  location of bears taking a dump yet?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The IEA think Brexit is great, who could have possibly predicted that.

Have they finished their report into the  location of bears taking a dump yet?

He probably thinks their name gives them credibility.  Like the Taxpayers Alliance- an alliance of all tax payers you say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

The same IEA that were instrumental in bringing us the Truss debacle, wrecking the economy, cooking up a coup with Brexit-obsessed party members the worst ever Prime Minister and making the UK a global laughing stock? https://iea.org.uk/films/who-is-liz-truss/

Nah, I think I’ll listen to think tanks who know something about economics and trade because the IEA knows fuck all about the subject, and what it thinks it does know was demonstrated for the whole world to see last autumn. Nathan Jones lasted longer as Saints manager. 

You just got 9-0ed GM. At least make some effort on the next post or it could be double figures.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gloucester Saint said:

The same IEA that were instrumental in bringing us the Truss debacle, wrecking the economy, cooking up a coup with Brexit-obsessed party members the worst ever Prime Minister and making the UK a global laughing stock? https://iea.org.uk/films/who-is-liz-truss/

Nah, I think I’ll listen to think tanks who know something about economics and trade because the IEA knows fuck all about the subject, and what it thinks it does know was demonstrated for the whole world to see last autumn. Nathan Jones lasted longer as Saints manager. 

You just got 9-0ed GM. At least make some effort on the next post or it could be double figures.

1 hour ago, Gloucester Saint said:

When doesn't he??? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

UK exports to EU countries climbed by 13.5pc between 2019 and 2022, before and after Brexit, with exports to non-EU countries growing by 14.3pc. Meanwhile, UK services exports rose by 14.8pc to EU nations and 22.1pc to non-EU countries over the same period. 

What data do you have that contradicts those figures? 

I thought not...jog on pal.

8 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

UK exports to EU countries climbed by 13.5pc between 2019 and 2022, before and after Brexit, with exports to non-EU countries growing by 14.3pc. Meanwhile, UK services exports rose by 14.8pc to EU nations and 22.1pc to non-EU countries over the same period. 

Where have they got those figures from though? The Telegraph article that you copied and pasted it from doesn't provide any links except to a couple of its own opinion pieces. How do we know the IEA haven't just plucked them out if thin air? It's not like they don't have previous for just making shit up when it comes to Brexit, is it.

As the burden of proof rests with the person making the claim, why don't you provide us with a credible source to support those figures, because it's difficult to take anything that comes from Tufton Street seriously about anything. You might as well have cited the Beano.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Shout out to southampton data in this one...

https://www.ft.com/content/fd35fe46-7438-400f-b792-8d33226dca0d

19 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Two things, firstly that is wrong. The increase is due to inflation, so a negative issue. The inflation adjusted figures show a decrease. 

Secondly, I don't know how politically aware you are, so don't want to patronise, but IEA is not a source of any credibility. Their recent credits include backing Liz Truss and denying climate change. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

Two things, firstly that is wrong. The increase is due to inflation, so a negative issue. The inflation adjusted figures show a decrease. 

Secondly, I don't know how politically aware you are, so don't want to patronise, but IEA is not a source of any credibility. Their recent credits include backing Liz Truss and denying climate change. 

The rise he mentions is due to trade picking up again post the second lockdown. The figures fell off a cliff during the pandemic and have yet to catch back up to where they were beforehand.

But then again, to GM, context is an alien concept.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, West end Saints said:

I'm obviously not as smart as you, so help me on this one. You are saying that the growth in UK exports is purely down to inflation. I assume you've corrected for the change in the value of sterling, as the dollar, the safe haven, has risen inexorably? On the other part of your "argument" I happen to think that the policies of Liz Truss, although badly implemented and communicated, i.e. high growth, low tax, were correct. Pity they weren't properly funded, but they will be, soon. 

As far as "denying climate change" who the fuck denies climate change? Certainly not the IEA. Maybe they "deny" the massive con that is "net zero". Only a terminally dim Marxist would think "net zero" is a good idea.

It's a .03% CO2 okay and .05% CO2 millions die, type of idea. Listen, the truth is that at less than 0.015% CO2, all life on earth dies. Net zero, a method by anti-capitalists and some green capitalists to relocate trillions of dollars. I'm a fossil fuel/CO2 fan.

Looks like King Charles was reading this post:

King Charles has confirmed Rishi Sunak’s plan to water down some of the Government’s net zero policies. The monarch used his King’s Speech in the House of Lords to state that the drive to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 will not result in “undue burdens” being placed on families. Addressing the Lords, he said: “Legislation will be introduced to strengthen the United Kingdom’s energy security, and reduce reliance on volatile international energy markets and hostile foreign regimes. “This Bill will support the future licensing of new oil and gas fields, helping the country to transition to net zero by 2050 without adding undue burdens on households.”

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I'm obviously not as smart as you, so help me on this one. You are saying that the growth in UK exports is purely down to inflation. I assume you've corrected for the change in the value of sterling, as the dollar, the safe haven, has risen inexorably? On the other part of your "argument" I happen to think that the policies of Liz Truss, although badly implemented and communicated, i.e. high growth, low tax, were correct. Pity they weren't properly funded, but they will be, soon. 

As far as "denying climate change" who the fuck denies climate change? Certainly not the IEA. Maybe they "deny" the massive con that is "net zero". Only a terminally dim Marxist would think "net zero" is a good idea.

It's a .03% CO2 okay and .05% CO2 millions die, type of idea. Listen, the truth is that at less than 0.015% CO2, all life on earth dies. Net zero, a method by anti-capitalists and some green capitalists to relocate trillions of dollars. I'm a fossil fuel/CO2 fan.

High growth isn't a policy it's an aspiration.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

I genuinely didn't know your views as first visit, I think to this thread. 

However, having read your reply, I think I could have safely stopped at the first bit in bold. 

After that, I think it is best that I leave it with, as long as you are happy in your views and you are not harming then you carry on. 

I won't waste your or my time pointing out rational points as it will probably only wind us both up and you won't suddenly see the light. 

Take care 

X

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

From the OBR - who Truss ran away from because that clusterfuck of a not-so-mini-budget couldn’t stand any form of scrutiny beyond Tufton St, Mark Littlewood and other lunatics - under chart H ‘the UK appears to have become a less trade intensive economy, with trade as a share of GDP falling since 2019, 2.5 times more than any other G7 country. (Chart I, just to help you navigate the document).

Further up under Goods, ‘there is little sign to date of UK Goods exports to non-EU making up for lower exports to the EU, with the former down 18% on pre-2019 levels’.

https://obr.uk/box/the-latest-evidence-on-the-impact-of-brexit-on-uk-trade/

As for the other shit you’ve posted on climate change today I see, that’s MLT/Rickie Lambert social media conspiracy territory. That well-known cultural Marxist, Margaret Thatcher, was the first major Western leader to warn of the dangers of climate change and the need to take swift action globally.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

As for the other shit you’ve posted on climate change today I see, that’s MLT/Rickie Lambert social media conspiracy territory. That well-known cultural Marxist, Margaret Thatcher, was the first major Western leader to warn of the dangers of climate change and the need to take swift action globally.

I was posting about CO2 levels, not climate change. Dangers of climate change? 🤣

You really are a moron. Read the post again without dribbling  on your keyboard.

16 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

From the OBR - who Truss ran away from because that clusterfuck of a not-so-mini-budget couldn’t stand any form of scrutiny beyond Tufton St, Mark Littlewood and other lunatics - under chart H ‘the UK appears to have become a less trade intensive economy, with trade as a share of GDP falling since 2019, 2.5 times more than any other G7 country. (Chart I, just to help you navigate the document}

And in respect of the OBR's predictions, you really are having a laugh:

OBR's GDP predictions (%)

Forecast year

Prediction

Actual

Miss*

Growth was:

Worse

Worse

Worse

Worse

Worse

Worse

Worse

Better

Better

Better

Better

Better

While you're in comedy mode, tell me the one about the UK trade growth being solely due to inflation again.