West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

Get in there Charlie, isn't it great when you have a striker that's on form and can finish! One opportunity, in a very very very boring game.. but boy does he know how to use it. I still refrain we can do better than this against this team and need to be careful with some of the challenges. Referee looks as if he has an itchy red card finger. But all round terrible game with terrible passing. Please, please lighten up this next half.. preferably on the Saint's side of things. Best attacking has been down the left wing, Bertrand has only really been the bright spark.

Disciplined, effective approach to an away game. Control possession, don't make mistakes. It's up to the home team to try to open it up, which they woefully failed to do. I suspect the second half will be a lot more dramatic. I can see a couple more goals. They'll throw everything at us and may equalize. But after exhausting them, supersub Shane Long will sneak a winner!

Disciplined, effective approach to an away game. Control possession, don't make mistakes. It's up to the home team to try to open it up, which they woefully failed to do. I suspect the second half will be a lot more dramatic. I can see a couple more goals. They'll throw everything at us and may equalize. But after exhausting them, supersub Shane Long will sneak a winner!

I think this is true - all the time the game is dull it kind of suits us. That being said, when we give the ball away needlessly or whack a cross into the stands it's pretty frustrating!

A detailed prediction like that always looks awesome if it comes off.....nice try. ;)

Effective so far, if not pretty. Quality goal at odds with the game. Tadic our best player along with Bertrand and Redmond. Both midfields horribly lax in passing, even PEH and Noble giving it away at will. W Ham look very weak at full back, Cedric has defended very nicely but crossing horrible and should have cut back for Charlie.

When does Puel take Romeu off?

Yeah, I feel like I've already jinxed us. :(

We desperately need a "all fart and no ****" or "seaside B&B" post from Alps to reverse that jinx. At this point i'd even take a post from that loon who went ballistic at everything Saints a few weeks ago when we weren't winning. Forget the tosser's name (SaintRobbie?).

Serves me right. I'm in santorini and guy says "Southampton they are boring team"

I respond with "watch this and say that after 45 minutes"..... Lol, oops

Awful

Direct flight from Glasgow? Hasn't been the best of games - I think we need to up the work rate and press a little more. Quality finish from Chaz; lovely work from Bertrand. Not Cedric's best half.