West Ham (A) Match Thread

St Chalet

Their midfield is very strong but their full backs are weak and there are questions over Adrian at present. Also Zaza has had a slow start so far. (Touch wood) We can beat these but need to be at the top of our game. We need to be quick on the counter attack, and in Redmond we have that pace. Is trading the speed and work rate of Long for the goalscoring prowess of Austin a good move? We shall see, but I think it's wise to play the man in form.

If this turns into a midfield battle, I think West Ham will win. I don't think a draw would be a bad result today, but it'd be nice to keep the wins coming.

Redmond seems to lack a bit of confidence when it comes to running AT people. Just then he's given the ball away poorly by misplacing a sideways pass. If he's going to take a chance I'd much rather it was trying to beat a man rather than half heartedly passing it straight to them.

Need to get passing in gear but look dangerous on counter. Biggest risk is stupid yellow card by Romeu, Puel might want to take him off in the next 20-25 minutes with the notorious Moss as ref. Fonte distribution needs tighten up. Tadic clever in drawing foul there but dreadful waste from the free kick