Middlesbrough Home Build Up

SaintMark211

Forster, Martina, Fonte, VVD, McQueen, Romeu, JWP, Clasie, Tadic, Boufal, Jrod

Subs: Taylor, Yoshida, Long, Davis, Reed, Bertrand, Redmond

Romeu in for a tough day. No Cedric, must be injured. Not a selection that fills me with confidence, but we played our best team (except Fonte) on Thursday so maybe it will work. At least Redmond has finally been dropped.

I'm assuming something along the lines of:

------------ Forster ---------------

Martina - Fonte - VVD - McQueen

-------------Romeu---------------

----------JWP-----Clasie----------

---Boufal -------------Tadic-------

------------- JROD ----------------

Well here's hoping for a positive display and result.....it does seem Puel is just randomly picking the starting 11.

All a bit hit and hope.

No strategy seems in place to cope with the opposition.

It needs to click today.....Come on Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here's hoping for a positive display and result.....it does seem Puel is just randomly picking the starting 11.

All a bit hit and hope.

No strategy seems in place to cope with the opposition.

It needs to click today.....Come on Saints.

I'm not sure how you have come to that conclusion. :mcinnes:

- Puel has rotated the players in positions where it is the most physically draining... left & right back, central midfield and the three attacking positions.

- Saints last played 3 days ago and have another game in 3 days, Middlesbrough have had 7 days to prepare for today's game so unless Puel made changes they'd be fresher than us

I'm not sure how you have come to that conclusion. :mcinnes:

- Puel has rotated the players in positions where it is the most physically draining... left & right back, central midfield and the three attacking positions.

- Saints last played 3 days ago and have another game in 3 days, Middlesbrough have had 7 days to prepare for today's game so unless Puel made changes they'd be fresher than us

The problem with the rotation is its' giving players who either shouldn't be professional footballers, or shouldn't be anywhere near the Premier League a regular starting spot in our team. We aren't a charity but we are giving JWP an incredible amount of it.

Perhaps that's the direction Reed and co are trying to take the team? Away from being a competitive force in English football and one that gives underprivileged youngsters a chance to be a footballer for the day. Completely noble and fair thing to do, wish more clubs would be so charitable, but this should be reflected in the ticket prices.

Edited by niceandfriendly

Bet you'd have moaned like f*ck if Long and Redmond has started.

Seems nobody is allowed to make an observation these days. Just slightly surprising that JRod in particular wasn't deemed good or fit enough for the bench on Thursday but is now starting and Sims is dropped from the squad completely. I get the rotation policy but this selection seems a bit finger in the air to me. Just my opinion.

Pleased Redmond has been dropped don't get me wrong.