Middlesbrough Home Build Up

SaintMark211

says who?

but was the squad bloated?

having Pelle and Austin ensured we finished 6th

It's fairly obviously the case. We have the same number of attacking players as we've had the last couple of seasons. The problem is some of them just aren't good enough, namely Long and J Rod. If they, and Boufal, were playing consistently well we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Is that a striker on loan PLUS 2 players?

If you are expecting more than one striker in, you are likely to be disappointed.

if the squad will be 'rotated' again...

Forster

Cedric

Fonte

VvD

Bertrand

Romeu

JwP

Clasie

Boufal

Long

Tadic

I reckon

Sooner or later, this mass-rotation will have to ease up

Now there's no European football, then yes.

But with it being the Christmas period and there being lots of games, rotation will be the best way to go.

It is effectively to cover for Austin's injury, if we signed a striker on a perm it would be bloating the squad. Austin is the first choice striker, other strikers are his back-up so when Austin is fit in March what do you propose we do with a perm striker you want to sign on a 4 or 5 year deal?

Sign someone better than the very average Austin, would be good.

Don't think I have ever woken up feeling so underwhelmed about a game of football. Just can't see us scoring. The memory of us chasing two goals in 10 minutes only to bring on Ward-Prowse will haunt me for a long time. But I am going to get behind the team for the duration of the game even if it takes some effort.

says who?

but was the squad bloated?

having Pelle and Austin ensured we finished 6th

i agree totally but it does make me laught that you think PELLE and austin ensured we finished 6th when you *****ed relentlessly about pelle being shyte. apologies if it want you but cant be arsed to check back ??

i agree totally but it does make me laught that you think PELLE and austin ensured we finished 6th when you *****ed relentlessly about pelle being shyte. apologies if it want you but cant be arsed to check back ??

I didn't rate pelle but let's not pretend he didn't score some goals

Don't think I have ever woken up feeling so underwhelmed about a game of football. Just can't see us scoring. The memory of us chasing two goals in 10 minutes only to bring on Ward-Prowse will haunt me for a long time. But I am going to get behind the team for the duration of the game even if it takes some effort.

That sub made sense. They couldn't defend crosses. We should have done that earlier. In fact, wasn't he involved in the creation of the Yoshida header that should have won us the match?

After Thursdays pathetic efforts you'd normally expect a HUGE reaction - a performance full of passion and 100% commitment - an apology performance to all Saints fans for that absolute **** show Thursday

Will we get an apology performance? Does this current mob/manager even have any passion?

Guess we will find out in a few hours

After Thursdays pathetic efforts you'd normally expect a HUGE reaction - a performance full of passion and 100% commitment - an apology performance to all Saints fans for that absolute **** show Thursday

Will we get an apology performance? Does this current mob/manager even have any passion?

Leicester managed it yesterday but not confident we will.

Thats the spirit son...