Saints 0 Man Utd 0 - Buildup, Match and over-reactions Thread

Heisenberg

Not all of the players, but to say just one has improved is ridiculous.

Romeu has improved agreed

Cedric has improved nope

JWP has improved borderline

Yoshida has improved agreed

Stephens has improved compared to what?

Redmond has improved compared to what?

Romeu and Yoshida yes. Yoshida very marginal

Both benefitting from game time.

Sounds a bit delusional, "all players have improved under me" is simply nonsense. Romeu, yes, everyone else, no. If he truly believes that, that's a worry.

Romeu, JWP, Stephens, Cedric, McQueen, Sims, IMO, have improved.

Possibly Yoshida. Plus Redmond.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fair enough, it's all about opinions I suppose, just think Romeu is the only real standout improvement but Puel evidently believes all have. If that was the case I think we'd have seen more evidence of that on the pitch. We haven't.

And that was for a relegated side with poorer talent around him.

He is awarded with 3 assists last season with Norwich

just 1 so far this season for us

yep, claude has deffo improved him!!!

(whoscored.com)

He is awarded with 3 assists last season with Norwich

just 1 so far this season for us

yep, claude has deffo improved him!!!

(whoscored.com)

Hes also independently rated below Matt Phillips, Robert Snodgrass and Adama Traoré this season

Go Puel

Redmond was called into the England senior squad for the first time, while playing under Puel. While England's selections have been at times odd over the years, that seems reasonably indicative of noticeable improvement over the season to me.

And JWP.

Redmond was called into the England senior squad for the first time, while playing under Puel. While England's selections have been at times odd over the years, that seems reasonably indicative of noticeable improvement over the season to me.

Maybe, but also he was (with JwP) a couple of his main men in the U21s

Be interesting if they are picked in the couple of squads when there are less withdrawals

Quite! Thought I was on the wrong page…Will Rashford play? Has he improved under Moaneo? Luke hasn't…

Got no idea what team CP will pick, other than he will drop Clasie for passing forward to create an assist, Long for an accurate cross and Jay Rod for scoring. Would be nice to reward performance with selection. At least start with them and then play the others later in the game/v Stoke.

Quite! Thought I was on the wrong page…Will Rashford play? Has he improved under Moaneo? Luke hasn't…

Got no idea what team CP will pick, other than he will drop Clasie for passing forward to create an assist, Long for an accurate cross and Jay Rod for scoring. Would be nice to reward performance with selection. At least start with them and then play the others later in the game/v Stoke.

Spot on. Far too much first time passes and shots in there. They should take a couple of touches and play the ball back every time.

Isn't this the match thread? Why don't the Puel Out brigade take their daily offerings to the Puel Out thread where they belong?

They are all the same are`nt they?

It is amazing how the same stuff can be posted on so many threads without challenge, the "keep on topic" only applies to some

I am really looking forward to this game and reckon we will beat them

If we win, the Puel out brigade will still crucify him, for "only" beating a second string team.

If we lose, they will be incredulous that we somehow didn't beat Man Utd, even though we haven't beaten them at home for almost 15 years

I'm going for the draw then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we score...I'll be so happy.

Same.

I missed the Palace home game, so the last home goal I saw was Gabbiadini's debut goal against West Ham (which also ended in a defeat). Last home win I saw was Leicester.

what a miserable season it's been at home.

Same.

I missed the Palace home game, so the last home goal I saw was Gabbiadini's debut goal against West Ham (which also ended in a defeat). Last home win I saw was Leicester.

what a miserable season it's been at home.

I did go to the Palace game but missed Leicester, so I think the last game I enjoyed before that was Inter Milan.

Arsenal

Hull

Man City

Bompey

West Ham

West Brom

Spurs

Be'er Sheva

What a load of garbage.

Man U need to win the Europa next week so it will be a bit of a second string out there tomorrow, so let's go for it. I want us to be more attack minded and not sit off them and let them push forward. I have a feeling we will win this.

First of all need to cheer on Man City so they hammer West Brom and bring down their GD.

Going to be a seriously wet evening. ☂️

The worst of the rain will be over by the time we kick off but the pitch will have received a real soaking during the afternoon.

The worst of the rain will be over by the time we kick off but the pitch will have received a real soaking during the afternoon.

A postponement with the game to be replayed 2 days before the Europa final would do me. ?

Man U need to win the Europa next week so it will be a bit of a second string out there tomorrow, so let's go for it. I want us to be more attack minded and not sit off them and let them push forward. I have a feeling we will win this.

First of all need to cheer on Man City so they hammer West Brom and bring down their GD.

I think it'll be a strong lineup who'll then be rested on Sunday.

I don't care about ManU's fortunes, but for us this is actually a seriously important match for our final league position. Brom have a better goal difference at present and I can't see them beating Man City. In any case we have an advantage in playing our 37th game a day later, so we will know exactly what we need to do. If WBA don't snatch any points tonight and we do not lose against United we will be at least one point above them and we should beat Stoke on Sunday, which could make our final position 8th. This would be massive, and amazing after our topsy-turvy season..

I can't wait to for the result of tonight's ManC v WBA game.

Who said the season's over?

I don't care about ManU's fortunes, but for us this is actually a seriously important match for our final league position. Brom have a better goal difference at present and I can't see them beating Man City. In any case we have an advantage in playing our 37th game a day later, so we will know exactly what we need to do. If WBA don't snatch any points tonight and we do not lose against United we will be at least one point above them and we should beat Stoke on Sunday, which could make our final position 8th. This would be massive, and amazing after our topsy-turvy season..

I can't wait to for the result of tonight's ManC v WBA game.

Who said the season's over?

8th gets in Europe too doesn't it ? :suspicious:

For those who like a gamble Skybet have Saints win and gabbiadini to score at 9/2.

I just went with a straight forward saints win. £37 on returns £100.

United will be weak and any 1st team players will not risk missing a European cup final.

Hoping for a comfortable 3-1

Up to 8th on goal difference after Bromwich's result tonight.

I can remember this scenario in the early 90's under Ball. Saints had the chance of 7th or 8th and royally messed it up losing last couple of games. Mad how our fortunes have changed these past few years.

Edited by jasonb

4-2 to Saints at 80/1 with Skybet, got a feeling in my waters. Either that or I've got the s hits!

They have zero to play for in terms of League position, where as we do, and I reckon if we go out there and truly believe we can batter them we will.

But then they'll crucify him, for "only" drawing against a second string team.

Depends. It's a good point but if we're dull and adventurous, just shutting up shop there probably will be discontent. If we really play with spirit and they get a lucky equaliser (shooting in Forster's general direction) probably not. I wouldn't call it too early. Seems a bit too much on here about a weakened side not to have that bite us on the bum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk