Puel Sacked? - As Reported by Crook of Sh*t

Ahh ok, thanks.

It just seems a bit unfair to have your current manager hanging on a piece of string whilst looking to see if you can find someone better if indeed that is the case, double standards and all that.

To be fair, that is an assumption. None of us actually know what conversations have taken place.

Yes, there is no rule saying we can't have two contracted managers and it seems most of the people we are talking to are free agents anyway so aren't under contract.

Indeed - Adkins and Poch were technically both employed at the same time.

Dare I say it but we need strong and stable leadership- either by confirming Puel for next season or moving on to a new manager PDQ. The continued uncertainty is not good for the club during a very important transfer window.

It'll be a hung leadership......Reed and some no-name to do the menial stuff.

I saw Les Reed in The Peartree with some German looking bloke called Tommy, who was drinking a stein of lager. Unfortunately, Mental Mark got involved in the negotiations and Les had to give him a quid for the pool table to get rid of him.

I remember Mark, he used to come and hang around the park outside my house. What's he up to these days?

Puel still here as far as we know then.

Nothing from the club to state any reason why he won't be here next season then.

As time passes surely it looks like he's not going anywhere!

Pure speculation by the media that he's on his way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone thought that Saints actually want to keep Mr Puel but as they are a bit wary about the fans reaction

they are dragging this out? Perhaps they hope that by doing so more and more fans will feel sorry for Mr Puel so

that when Saints announce that he is staying a much small minority of fans than now will be upset.

Has anyone thought that Saints actually want to keep Mr Puel but as they are a bit wary about the fans reaction

they are dragging this out? Perhaps they hope that by doing so more and more fans will feel sorry for Mr Puel so

that when Saints announce that he is staying a much small minority of fans than now will be upset.

conspiracy-theories-everywhere.jpg

Puel improved their technical skills ? You sure about that ? Gotta say I disagree

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Cedric, Stephens, JWP, Yoshida, Simms, McQueen, Romeu all improved under Puel and Redmond seems to be getting there as well.

As individuals I think he did improve players but I do think some of the team play was lacking.

Ah I see,playing the "I can't come up with an intelligent or logical reply" card so this will have to do. :lol:

Bit like the responce "Some of my best friends are black" or the perenial favorite "You are only acting like that because I am black" racist card.:lol::lol:

Not at all I'm just amazed how many people attach some sort of Machiavellian genius to Les and the club. Just read what you wrote back and realise how ridiculous it sounds....

It's becoming more farcical the longer it goes on in my opinion.

How on earth could they even consider keeping Puel on? Not fair on him for a start, and not fair on the club. Amateur hour, it really is.

It really is very strange.

It might be worth pointing out that the club actually hasn't said anything about keeping or replacing Puel. I know people will say that the Wilson article is the club speaking de facto, but all that has emerged is paper speculation based on Kreuger saying that there will be an end of season review and a French article asking if Puel will still be in charge. Couple those to the hopes of many supporters that he will be replaced and you can come to whatever conclusion you want.

By the way, why do our managerial shortlists always comprise out-of-work managers? Are we that worried about paying compensation that we wouldn't approach the best possible candidate for the job if he was in another role? Other clubs above us and below us in the league pyramid seem to have no truck with this.

By the way, why do our managerial shortlists always comprise out-of-work managers? Are we that worried about paying compensation that we wouldn't approach the best possible candidate for the job if he was in another role? Other clubs above us and below us in the league pyramid seem to have no truck with this.

Was Nigel the last manager we got who was in work?

Was Puel a free agent I honestly can't remember?

Was Nigel the last manager we got who was in work?

Was Puel a free agent I honestly can't remember?

Puel had already left Nice so was a free agent. Nigel was the last in work.

It's not just the managers we appoint it appears to be everyone we consider for the position has to be already out of work.

Why limit ourselves to a pool of the unemployed if Les says he always has his eye on four or five mangers he likes the look of?

Surely we should just approach the best man for the job and not be rummaging around the bargain bin for a gem.

It might be worth pointing out that the club actually hasn't said anything about keeping or replacing Puel. I know people will say that the Wilson article is the club speaking de facto, but all that has emerged is paper speculation based on Kreuger saying that there will be an end of season review and a French article asking if Puel will still be in charge. Couple those to the hopes of many supporters that he will be replaced and you can come to whatever conclusion you want.

It would take bullsh*t of Comical Ali proportions for the club to now state that Puel continues to have their total confidence.

Surely club want to ge new man in pronto to prepare for preseason. I know backroom staff will plan out fitness refines etc but I would have thought getting new manager in with feet under table will help ensure preseason starts to his liking and preferences.

Given potential candidates list getting thinner by the day I just hope club narrowing down search and closing in on appointment.

If it's a big name it has to be Tuchel. Anyone likely to be very underwhelming unless they unearth another Poch like coach.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I absolutely hate it when the club release stuff like this about them being 'calm' and 'relaxed' about the situation. They said the same about Koeman!

Reckon this is the Echo trying to look like they have the Saints ear! The writer didn't have the Schmidt to China news at time of printing. I am calm, but I totally agree about the club being calm statement! Honestly think we are closing in on Tuchel, but with holidays etc, these things do take time! Convinced both announcements will happen same day

It would take bullsh*t of Comical Ali proportions for the club to now state that Puel continues to have their total confidence.

I wouldn't disagree, but still, the club haven't said anything about the situation. That in itself is pretty telling as if you were manager, you would hope your employer would come out and back you by saying that the stories were rubbish.

Reckon this is the Echo trying to look like they have the Saints ear! The writer didn't have the Schmidt to China news at time of printing. I am calm, but I totally agree about the club being calm statement! Honestly think we are closing in on Tuchel, but with holidays etc, these things do take time! Convinced both announcements will happen same day

Agree with this. Echo including Schmidt in the frame is pure amateur hour. Must be a junior reporter.

Keep calm and carry on.

I think the continued uncertainty with the club re: takeover isn't going to help things either...

Could interpret the Echo piece a number of ways but if I had to draw any conclusions it would be:

Puel is definitely gone.

New manager will be a free agent - there's not enough time to get someone in for pre-season if they have to negotiate with a club and then agree personal terms with the manager.

They know who they want as the new man and have probably agreed a deal in principal with them which would explain the relaxed attitude to this.

My guess is that the delays are caused by finalising paperwork, holidays and stuff like that but the real work of identifying a manager and agreeing a deal has been done. Pure speculation though.........

I don't believe for a second that Puel left an end of season review accepting that he has not yet been sacked but might well be soon... Why would he?

He will have been told he is off and to keep quiet until a new man is brought in as part of his compo package.

I'm hoping Tuchel has been lined up for a couple of weeks now, he's identified a couple of players he wants in plus his back room staff.

Will be announced when the takeover is confirmed knowing we have a fair extra bit of money to attract.

We can dream can't we?

I don't believe for a second that Puel left an end of season review accepting that he has not yet been sacked but might well be soon... Why would he?

He will have been told he is off and to keep quiet until a new man is brought in as part of his compo package.

Why though? Why don't the club just announce he is sacked no need for a load of cloak and dagger. If any thing sacking Puel at the end of the season would (if people are to belived) have increased ST sales and sent out a message to unhappy players that the club was listening to them. The only reason I can see to keep him on is if the club aren't convinced they can land some one better and don't want to be left with no manager at all.

Why though? Why don't the club just announce he is sacked no need for a load of cloak and dagger. If any thing sacking Puel at the end of the season would (if people are to belived) have increased ST sales and sent out a message to unhappy players that the club was listening to them. The only reason I can see to keep him on is if the club aren't convinced they can land some one better and don't want to be left with no manager at all.

That's the exact reason they wouldn't have pulled the plug on him.

Having said that, if they don't find anyone and Puel is kept in the job, it would be practically disastrous; not because he isn't a decent manager, but if he had problems with getting fans and players on side last season, going into next season with the players fans and board all wanting him gone means he's in white-water rapids on an lilo. For all the stuff people like to chuck at the board, keeping Puel after basically spending preseason looking for a new man would admittedly be very amateurish.

Still fairly sure that Puel will go this summer. I assume the delay is down to us waiting to see if any offers come in for him from France.

If the club really are considering him staying, i'm starting to think they need to come out and give him the vote of confidence. All the uncertainty won't help us in the transfer market, both in and out. I think by the end of this month, we should know once and for-all.

I've been one of his biggest critics however if he does stay, then he gets my full backing. Fair play to him for fronting up to the challenge, he could easily walk away.

Yeah, I am going to predict 30th June as Announcement Day.

Gives new owners time to get their feet under the table, Reed to find a new manager, new manager to identify targets, Reed to buy said targets ....

I like to think it has all happened behind the scenes and will be unveiled to fans - "Behold the new club" - on 30th June.

I'm hoping Tuchel has been lined up for a couple of weeks now, he's identified a couple of players he wants in plus his back room staff.

Will be announced when the takeover is confirmed knowing we have a fair extra bit of money to attract.

We can dream can't we?

I would say parts of that are very close to what is happening.