Puel Sacked? - As Reported by Crook of Sh*t

At which point does "Uncle" Les actually get the stick he clearly deserves? Even if he comes out of it okay again this summer, the beauty of our system is that it isn't dependant on anyone in particular... and that everyone is replaceable.

Shabby way to treat someone. Very disappointed with the club for doing this. If the club doesn't want him then sack him and pay him off. No way can he stay after this.

I said something similar the other day and got shouted down....just good business sense apparently.

Finding another manager who will say that the squad is good enough and we dont need more players is going to be hard. We could have a Klopp-Mourinho-Zidane-Pep dreamteam and they still wouldnt be able to get Long Jrod Tadic and our midfield to score more.

Shabby way to treat someone. Very disappointed with the club for doing this. If the club doesn't want him then sack him and pay him off. No way can he stay after this.

Agree.

I can't think of a previous manager who has been left dangling like this. Although there were rumblings about both Pardew and Adkins being in line for the chop, the final execution of it was fairly swift, although of course we're not to know how long Poch was being courted before he agreed to join.That said, it wasn't played out in public.

Very unprofessional but then again you have to look whose above him making these decisions - or not making them... and the fact they've allowed the speculation over his future to be played out and fester in the press.

It's similar to bottlejobbing telling a girl you don't fancy her anymore so you just keep leading her on... not really fair on Puel tbh and not really fair on the fans.

Be decisive Saints ffs.

I feel like this and I want Puel to go. As above, really shabby.

Agree.

I can't think of a previous manager who has been left dangling like this. Although there were rumblings about both Pardew and Adkins being in line for the chop, the final execution of it was fairly swift, although of course we're not to know how long Poch was being courted before he agreed to join.That said, it wasn't played out in public.

Agree with you and Graffito, I do agree with him going as we were dreadful to watch at times last season and the tactical inflexibility is OK if you have a Man City budget. However, this is unfair on the man and unreasonable from the club. I suppose the answer to your question Badger is 'Dave Jones' but the court case probably made what Rupert was probably going to do anyway (the sack) more complex so it's unlikely to be a fair comparison. You could argue Nigel was undermined by rumours in the first half of our PL season with quite a few pre-existing links to MP made but I can't remember being as blatant as that nor from a source like Jeremy Wilson.

I'm with Sonic on this. I want to see us winning cups, not just taking part. And I want to see us making a go of it in both competitions, not treating a trip to Wembley like it was something we'd never do again.

That's all very well - but still the fact remains, we were the closest to actually 'winning a cup' than we have ever been in the last 15 years. Ergo a cup final is an achievement.

Better line up some nicknames for the new manager when we fail to beat a big 6 team or draw with Watford.

Schmitt gives us the obvious Roger Sh1t

Tuchel, hmm ***tchel? Touching-cloth-Chel

Monk, junk? Spunk (away 3 points), punk?

Let's not take all summer to figure this out lads.

Is it shabby? Again, without having all the facts, it is speculation and hearsay as to what has/is happening and how he has been treated.

I'd go along with this. There has been nothing from the club directly undermining Puel's credibility and most of the stories have just come from trashy, red top journalists. We may well be looking to offload him but we haven't exactly put him in the stocks in the town square.

If people are taking gossip the see on the internet as gospel, it's hardly the clubs fault.

Yep. I want him gone, but to say he can stay if we don't find someone better is downright disrespectful. Say what you want about CP as a manager but he's been honest and hard working and doesn't deserve this treatment.

Fans rally against manager, style of football and lack of entertainment before booing him off the pitch on the last game of the season. Then they start a "Puel out" thread on a forum before criticising the board for not denying the "Puel out" rumour because now the papers have picked up on it.

Anyone else spot the irony?

I'd go along with this. There has been nothing from the club directly undermining Puel's credibility and most of the stories have just come from trashy, red top journalists. We may well be looking to offload him but we haven't exactly put him in the stocks in the town square.

If people are taking gossip the see on the internet as gospel, it's hardly the clubs fault.

The latest story is from Jeremy Wilson in the Telegraph who, for good reason, is considered on here to have good links to the club. The latest story, which people are reacting against, is the one which effectively says "you can stay if we don't get someone better in" and is from a reputable publication that's shown good links to the club rather than a "trashy red top".

Fans rally against manager, style of football and lack of entertainment before booing him off the pitch on the last game of the season. Then they start a "Puel out" thread on a forum before criticising the board for not denying the "Puel out" rumour because now the papers have picked up on it.

Anyone else spot the irony?

YEP... but it`s hardly a surprise on here is it?

Is it shabby? Again, without having all the facts, it is speculation and hearsay as to what has/is happening and how he has been treated.

This.

Also, this is football, everyone stitches everyone up....its not right, but its part of the business. Players leave when they have kissed the badge a week before, managers leave if they get offered a better job, players gets dropped as soon as we get to the prem, fans boo if they dont like a player etc.

Its not great, but dont assume everyone acts like and angel apart from us.

For the record, I want Puel out and think Les has far too much control at SFC than his CV should allow.

The latest story is from Jeremy Wilson in the Telegraph who, for good reason, is considered on here to have good links to the club. The latest story, which people are reacting against, is the one which effectively says "you can stay if we don't get someone better in" and is from a reputable publication that's shown good links to the club rather than a "trashy red top".

What is the club going to gain from this? What advantage is there to publishing a story saying, 'we are probably going to sack him when we've lined up a replacement'?

He may well have good links to the club but it doesn't mean we want this story out there.

Better line up some nicknames for the new manager when we fail to beat a big 6 team or draw with Watford.

easy to have a little dig when you haven't been subjected to some absolute boring, negative and most importantly losing football this season watching from the stands at St Mary's with most people around you of the same mindset.

Why are West Ham, WBA and Stoke not calling for their manager to be sacked? They finished below that and haven't had a cup final.

because the previous manager at each was worse than the current incumbent?

Sounds perfect, no more complaining about passing the ball sideways and backwards.

and we get to see a manager standing up all game shouting "press" and "go on James" continuously for 90 minutes. What fun. Can't wait.

It's not the big 6, its these sorts of results......

Draw - Watford (h), Sunderland (h), Leicester (a), Stoke (a), Bournemouth (h), Hull (h)

Lose - Hull (a), Crystal Palace (a), WBA (h), Burnley (a), Swansea (a), West Ham (h), Stoke (h)

Now as someone has pointed out, we are something like 15 points down vs the Big 6 this season compared to last. I am not expecting us to get the same, nor win all those games listed above, but I do expect us to play somewhat better against the big boys and to win a few more of the games above. And even some of the games that we won, we were lucky to do so - WBA (a), Middlesborough (h), Swansea (h) etc - although granted, that is subjective.

I too am now in the out camp, however this has been played poorly by SFC. I still expect him to go.

I can see from the clubs angle why pay him off if someone will take him off our hands. Surely this is the only logical explanation for this being so drawn out?

However If JW's article is accurate as usual, to expect him to stick around after this is terrible leadership from the top. I hope this is just fluff.

His position is completely untenable and going into the season with unmotivated players (again) and an irate fan base is pure suicide.

Draw - Watford (h), Sunderland (h), Leicester (a), Stoke (a), Bournemouth (h), Hull (h)

Lose - Hull (a), Crystal Palace (a), WBA (h), Burnley (a), Swansea (a), West Ham (h), Stoke (h)

Now as someone has pointed out, we are something like 15 points down vs the Big 6 this season compared to last. I am not expecting us to get the same, nor win all those games listed above, but I do expect us to play somewhat better against the big boys and to win a few more of the games above. And even some of the games that we won, we were lucky to do so - WBA (a), Middlesborough (h), Swansea (h) etc - although granted, that is subjective.

I would say the main problem is that we don't look like we're 'giving it a go' as Merse would say on GSS.

We're reactive, never proactive. We sit back, wait, keep possession, let the other team do their thing and wait for them to attack us. It works alright away, as shown by our results; Sunderland, Boscombe, Watford, West Ham, Man City, Liverpool, Boro, West Brom. 6 away wins is very good for a midtable team, would have won about 4-1 at the Emirates if Long had buried some of those 'harder to miss' chances.

At home it's just poor. All we do is invite pressure from the big teams, when we should be on the front foot. Against the lesser teams it's just awful.

At this point they really should sack him. To say "we were going to sack you, everyone knows it but we couldn't bring anyone in, so you're our man again" puts him and the club in a terrible position. If the rumours of player discontent are true it will go down like a lead balloon in the dressing room, only they will smell blood this time. The club have mishandled this.

easy to have a little dig when you haven't been subjected to some absolute boring, negative and most importantly losing football this season watching from the stands at St Mary's with most people around you of the same mindset.

Wasn't having a dig at those that go to the games, just the ones on here that don't go (like me) but do nothing but moan at everything the team/club does (unlike me).

Club is a total shambles. And worse, seems now to be dishonourable, with a new deeper line in penny pinching. Horrible

Is there anything you like about the club? seriously?

I think you just love a moan tbh.......bet you are a right laugh in the pub..

I would say the main problem is that we don't look like we're 'giving it a go' as Merse would say on GSS.

We're reactive, never proactive. We sit back, wait, keep possession, let the other team do their thing and wait for them to attack us. It works alright away, as shown by our results; Sunderland, Boscombe, Watford, West Ham, Man City, Liverpool, Boro, West Brom. 6 away wins is very good for a midtable team, would have won about 4-1 at the Emirates if Long had buried some of those 'harder to miss' chances.

At home it's just poor. All we do is invite pressure from the big teams, when we should be on the front foot. Against the lesser teams it's just awful.

Not sure I really get this.

We absolutely did have a go at several teams, including right at the end of the season. We had more possession than Arsenal for ****s sake. That's pretty telling.

Not saying we play incredible football every game but you can't just act like this season has been Tony Pulis football from August to May.

Quite a few games I saw we had excellent first halfs. The main problem with the team is that when we go a goal down, we don't look like we have the mental resolve to push on for an equaliser.

Or perhaps just that the tempo and attacking intent we have genuinely shown for several patches this season, doesn't last consistently from game to game, or drops in the second half of any given game.

Club is a total shambles. And worse, seems now to be dishonourable, with a new deeper line in penny pinching. Horrible

Yep - you're right - 8th in the Premier League - but a total shambles. Just imagine what the 80 odd clubs behind us are like...!!!

Not sure I really get this.

We absolutely did have a go at several teams, including right at the end of the season. We had more possession than Arsenal for ****s sake. That's pretty telling.

Not saying we play incredible football every game but you can't just act like this season has been Tony Pulis football from August to May.

Quite a few games I saw we had excellent first halfs. The main problem with the team is that when we go a goal down, we don't look like we have the mental resolve to push on for an equaliser.

WTF?! On what planet are Tony Pulis and possession football the same thing?

Pulis is a dinosaur. A good old fasioned, play it out wide to Jermaine Pennant and stick it in the mixer with the big men, kind of manager.

Of course we have lots of possession. We're a team who, from our own corner, somehow ends up passing it back to Forster. It's the most uninspiring, risk adverse, dull possession football you could hope to imagine. When Redmond gets the ball on the edge of their third, plays it square to Romeu, then back to Bertrand, then back across to Yoshida, then back to the keeper, you're always going to get loads of possession.

and we get to see a manager standing up all game shouting "press" and "go on James" continuously for 90 minutes. What fun. Can't wait.

But these are the bestest, most passionate managers in the world dontchaknow. (So long as they wave their arms about a lot as well).

At this point they really should sack him. To say "we were going to sack you, everyone knows it but we couldn't bring anyone in, so you're our man again" puts him and the club in a terrible position. If the rumours of player discontent are true it will go down like a lead balloon in the dressing room, only they will smell blood this time. The club have mishandled this.

Can I ask what you are basing this on? What exactly have the Club said to Puel and what arrangement is in place? I mean more than what a couple of articles in a paper say, as not everything in the papers is true!!!!

we finished 8th and so those below us did worse against the others. Next season lets hope we still can say the same.

WTF?! On what planet are Tony Pulis and possession football the same thing?

Pulis is a dinosaur. A good old fasioned, play it out wide to Jermaine Pennant and stick it in the mixer with the big men, kind of manager.

Of course we have lots of possession. We're a team who, from our own corner, somehow ends up passing it back to Forster. It's the most uninspiring, risk adverse, dull possession football you could hope to imagine. When Redmond gets the ball on the edge of their third, plays it square to Romeu, then back to Bertrand, then back across to Yoshida, then back to the keeper, you're always going to get loads of possession.

Never said they were the same thing...

You stated that we sit back and don't look like we're having a go. I.e. that we are playing 'negative' football as has been said elsewhere.

I'm saying that I really do think we have had a go in several games, and show attacking intent.

Having possession against Arsenal wasn't just about holding the ball, but that we really had a go at them, got into the penalty box etc.

Absolutely not saying that is what defines Puel's first season.

But at least to give credit that I don't think the problem has been lack of any attacking intent. I think the problem has more been around the team not responding well to going down, loosing energy in the second half, not having a plan B, many other reasons besides that need fixing.

but sure, the posession football isn't to be lauded.