Liverpool agree world-record £75m deal for Virgil van Dijk

SuperSAINT

It’s all rather amusing. Liverpool won’t ever win the Premier League or the Champions League. If he’s really fortunate, he might get an odd League Cup medal

And they haven't won that since King Kenny was in charge. Joke of a club. ****hole of a city. They are welcome to him. I'm only jealous of the bank balance....

Good chunk of money. Happy to be rid of the cancerous oaf now, especially at that price. Don't really care that it's to Liverpool, since our current predicament negates the luxury of being able to orchestrate where he ends up, i.e. we simply need max £, all of which should be reinvested (minus dues to Celtic, agents, etc)....and not on underwhelming strikers like Vietto and Ings :scared:

Happy for Virgil,now he gets to work under Jurgen. couple deals close 1 Striker in. Long out, but that was before Austins injury now not so sure.

I’d be happy to sell our non-goals scoring striker even with Austin injured. It would at least prevent Pellegrino from picking him over Gabbiadini.

We’d have the whole January transfer window to then recruit a second new striker, assuming we get the one in that you mention.

Hahaha, that’s ok, I’ll keep news I get to myself now. More than happy with that.

The way the few who go out of their way to post info they have been told, which changes quickly I will add, to give the likes of you a heads up and then be treated the way we do, no thanks.

Keep posting, mate. You're still on #ITK_Watch :D

It would’ve been amusing for the club to criticise him but that might have motivated him more to get revenge on us.

He’ll get abused when he returns by our fans, no doubt about that. Let’s hope we have a new manager and we’re higher in the table by then, and we’re all a bit more positive.

Well the summer was a massive waste of time then.... we might as well have just sold and strengthened the squad last summer and been in a better position now. I hope to god we have already spent the money on some quality players coming in on the 1st of Jan with a new manager. If we aren't investing the VVD cash back into the squad this Jan then a new manager will make no difference with the shower of ****e our squad has become.

Ha ha, that's the only one which seems to work for us. We should scout their scout.

Joking aside, he was available a few weeks ago.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-talent-scout-john-park-9047544

Having brought in Wanyama & VD to Celtic he does have a decent track record and you would have thought that had Reed done his homework he'd have been all for signing him up. Given the nature of his role I don't suppose the bloke would even need to relocate.

Don’t let the door hit you Virgil. Utter scum and disgrace of a professional. Just a shame that we’ve let this drag on and hang over us only to let him go at the very earliest opportunity in Jan. Need new blood in quickly and hopefully a new manager.

This deal has made Liverpool a world footballing laughing stock!!! I'm loving it.

Don't see that to be honest, they've got the player they wanted after some public humiliation in the summer perhaps and having paid more than they wanted.

We're the ones who have 'caved in' selling him to them. Great shame we couldn't have extracted a better bid from City or Chelsea.

The only thing that ultimately worries me about this whole saga is that, after Saints made a very principled stand against tapping-up and grasping agents encouraging transfer requests, tantrums, strikes and go-slows to get what they want, it's happened anyway.

Something really has to be done to restore a shred of integrity to the game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What on earth was the point in poisoning the dressing room, having him mincing around for weeks, just to sell him in Jan. Poor poor decision to dig our heels in during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£15m reasons why apparently. I'm shocked at the fee tbh, thought if anything his value had decreased.