The Kindergarten Thread

Batman

5 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Do you ever listen to yourself talk? FYI You're going on ignore.

Please don't quote him, some of us already have, although that was more because he was personally offensive and not general a0holeness, and I couldn't be bothered to respond any more.

Just now, suewhistle said:

Please don't quote him, some of us already have, although that was more because he was personally offensive and not general a0holeness, and I couldn't be bothered to respond any more.

🤣 have you got me on ignore too Sue? I cant remember you ever mention it before. 

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

That's what you used to do all the time pal. in Glass houses, throw stones, shouldn't people. Rearrange that. 

It's definitely true that I used to spend time reading football content online, spotting information and aggregating it when I was a teenage lad. Don't think I ever claimed otherwise.

The key difference, of course, being that one was a kid on the internet with too much free time and the other is a massive corporation that takes tonnes of money for its sports coverage and has all the resources and ability to do so much better.

Pretty sure most people would agree that the output is increasingly dire. Crap pundits, crap reporting - not even any attempts to give credit and lots of race-to-the-bottom content.

22 hours ago, Turkish said:

It's sad for you isn't it, investing so much time and emotion in football forums yet people have come onto here to say how much i'm missed on TUI, yet when you left here people said you were the TUI's problem now and over there you're a laughing stock. gotta hurt. 

I person does not equal people. Trust me, you are not missed at all by most. In fact since you, Dune and Boris have departed the forum has improved immeasurably. Sadly for this place it has to put up with your childish spats now. 

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I person does not equal people. Trust me, you are not missed at all by most. In fact since you, Dune and Boris have departed the forum has improved immeasurably. Sadly for this place it has to put up with your childish spats now. 

"improved immeasurably" meaning you can now slag off the government on every post without any one tell you to shut your trap? I had a quick look earlier and not much has changed, 22 whinging about signings, a few political threads, Areasix pretending to be ITK and you boring everyone, so cant really see how it's improved at all. 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

"improved immeasurably" meaning you can now slag off the government on every post without any one tell you to shut your trap? I had a quick look earlier and not much has changed, 22 whinging about signings, a few political threads, Areasix pretending to be ITK and you boring everyone, so cant really see how it's improved at all. 

It’s improved because you are not there making infantile comments along with Dune and Boris. If your idea of a good forum is one full of WUMs winding each other up every day, of course you are going to find it boring. 

11 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It’s improved because you are not there making infantile comments along with Dune and Boris. If your idea of a good forum is one full of WUMs winding each other up every day, of course you are going to find it boring. 

My idea of a good forum is one that isn’t full of self righteous cry babies, so it’s no wonder you love it there. I thought I was the reason you don’t post on here? Seems like I’m the reason you do.

52 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

So you do accept that something is happening then? 

Thanks for your interest in my thoughts Hypo, although my post (referring to factual details from companies House) on the other thread was fairly clear. 

Please let's keep this thread about the possible takeover, not you're need for attention. If you want to pm me about anything please do, but I'm not willing to help you take another thread off course. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, egg said:

Thanks for your interest in my thoughts Hypo, although my post (referring to factual details from companies House) on the other thread was fairly clear. 

Please let's keep this thread about the possible takeover, not you're need for attention. If you want to pm me about anything please do, but I'm not willing to help you take another thread off course. 

😆 Sure pal. I know it must pain you to see someone you clearly dislike embarrass you in public so I won't labour the point. Maybe just think before you post next time (and no I won't be sending you a PM you berk). 

25 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

😆 Sure pal. I know it must pain you to see someone you clearly dislike embarrass you in public so I won't labour the point. Maybe just think before you post next time (and no I won't be sending you a PM you berk). 

Out of respect for other forum users trying to read about the possible takeover, I'll resist the temptation to pull that nonsense apart.

I've allowed you the little insult your ego needed - let's leave it there, but the pm invite is always there if you want a frank exchange of views. 

17 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Would it matter?

Seems to matter significantly to 'strictly' as they've been banging on about it for weeks now.

I'd imagine a position a little more high profile than a dancer on a shit TV program, like the President of the US, would attract infinitely more attention.

Not sure it would matter if 'it matters', if it happened it would be reported as if it were the second coming!

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

West Brom, Fulham, Sheff Utd and Burnley are all terrible.

I'm confident Saints won't be anywhere near a relegation battle in terms of points this season.

I remember when we came up and we’re terrible for our first 10 games or so you claimed that in this period we were adapting to the premier league. So surely the exact same reasoning should apply to Fulham and WBA. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I remember when we came up and we’re terrible for our first 10 games or so you claimed that in this period we were adapting to the premier league. So surely the exact same reasoning should apply to Fulham and WBA. 

I'm basing it on player quality, not just form in a small sample of games.

If not them as the bottom 4... then who else?

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'm basing it on player quality, not just form in a small sample of games.

In that 10 game period which you put down to us adapting to the premier league not form our back 4 contained Danny Fox, Joe Hoolivled and Kelvin Davis in goal for most games. So it isn’t based on player quality either. How can you assess the quality of Fulham and WBA players so early? Maybe they simply haven’t adapted to the premier league yet. You’re not applying the same criteria. Looks like that’s another lie to me. 

Edited by Turkish

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looks like that’s another lie to me. 

We've been through this before but I'm puzzled how a grown man still doesn't understand what constitutes a lie. What exactly in my post do you think is a lie? It is an opinion, not a claim it is a statement of fact. Are you saying I'm lying and it is not my opinion? 🙄

Edited by Matthew Le God

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

We've been through this before but I'm puzzled how a grown man still doesn't understand what constitutes a lie. What exactly in my post do you think is a lie? It is an opinion, not a claim it is a statement of fact. Are you saying I'm lying and it is not my opinion? 🙄

Your opinion was when judging our poor start in 2012/13 was that we were adapting to the premier league, nothing to do with player quality. Yet now when it's Fulham and WBA they get no such adapting period and it's simply justified by you that their players aren't good enough over an even shorter period than you claimed we had when we were adapting. Either you are using inconsistent benchmarks or you are lying about what the assessment criteria is. I'm puzzled as to why someone with who claims to hold a masters degree and prides themselves on pedantry fails to grasp this relatively simple concept.

Edited by Turkish

25 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'm puzzled how a grown man doesn't understand what constitutes a lie. What exactly in my post do you think is a lie? It is an opinion, not a claim it is a statement of fact. Are you saying I'm lying and it is not my opinion? 🙄

Wow you two just bicker and nit pick each others posts on nearly everything that either of you have to comment on...........

8 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

Wow you two just bicker and nit pick each others posts on nearly everything that either of you have to comment on...........

Incorrect. MLGs raison d'etre on here is to jump onto every single thread correcting people even for the most minor or irrelevant of posts. Part of my role is to police him. For example on this thread his brash claim that 4 clubs look awful after a very short period of time. I'm simply pointing out that in similar circumstances in 2012/13 when we were promoted he dismissed our early poor from as "adapting to the premier league". When this was pointed out he claimed he was basing his opinion on player quality, failing to take into account 2 of our back 4 and our goalkeeper during our "adaption period" were no where near premier league quality. He has not taken into account all the facts, done a like for like comparison on player quality or given either of the newly promoted teams a famous adaption period that he allowed our players to mitigate their early poor form. Surely for someone who prides themselves on pedantry all these factors should be taken into account and a consistent approach applied before any conclusions can be drawn. 

39 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

So youve trawled all the way back  nearly 8 years ago to pick up on this point?..........no wonder the forum is slow at loading these days at time.

What's your point? They use evidence 30+ years old in court rooms in legal cases. He made the claims not me. He is the one inconsistently measuring the performance of teams early in the season. The burden of proof is on MLG

Edited by Turkish

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Incorrect. MLGs raison d'etre on here is to jump onto every single thread correcting people even for the most minor or irrelevant of posts. Part of my role is to police him. For example on this thread his brash claim that 4 clubs look awful after a very short period of time. I'm simply pointing out that in similar circumstances in 2012/13 when we were promoted he dismissed our early poor from as "adapting to the premier league". When this was pointed out he claimed he was basing his opinion on player quality, failing to take into account 2 of our back 4 and our goalkeeper during our "adaption period" were no where near premier league quality. He has not taken into account all the facts, done a like for like comparison on player quality or given either of the newly promoted teams a famous adaption period that he allowed our players to mitigate their early poor form. Surely for someone who prides themselves on pedantry all these factors should be taken into account and a consistent approach applied before any conclusions can be drawn. 

Jesus, for the sanity of everyone else who has to read this shit (yes I lnow there's an ignore button) give it a fucking rest.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What's your point? They use evidence 30+ years old in court rooms in legal cases. He made the claims not me. He is the one inconsistently measuring the performance of teams early in the season. The burden of proof is on MLG

1) I didn't make a factual claim... I stated an opinion. You still can't grasp the difference between the two! 🙄

2) You made a claim about what I apparently said 8 years ago... so the burden of proof is on you! 🙄

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

1) I didnt make a factual claim... I stated an opinion. You sill can't grasp the difference between the two! 🙄

2) You made a claim about what I apparently said 8 years ago... so the burden of proof is on you! 🙄

I didn't say it was a factual claim, i said it was a claim, a claim based on an opinion which is based on inconsistent benchmarking. Therefore an inaccurate and ill informed opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Jesus, for the sanity of everyone else who has to read this shit (yes I lnow there's an ignore button) give it a fucking rest.

it's know.

Also why are you claiming the son of false deity with no factual evidence of his existence should intervene in a discussion on a football forum. Surely the moderators would be a far more reliable and efficient control mechanism for regulating discussion on here. 

See without me to control MLG then this is what you'd be subject too.

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

Sorry mate, i forgot that you're such a hilarious and enlightening poster. Got angry about a typo in the echo again recently?

God. What a total yawn. It’s like watching your boorish, drunk uncle who thinks he’s so clever and has zero self-awareness. Doing everything to be the centre of attention. It’s tedious. And really rather sad.

30 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

God. What a total yawn. It’s like watching your boorish, drunk uncle who thinks he’s so clever and has zero self-awareness. Doing everything to be the centre of attention. It’s tedious. And really rather sad.

Such a yawn yet you continue to reply and post about me. You can’t get enough can you, just admit it, no shame, you’re not the only one. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

You play the game then? Enjoy the Saints data?

No, I was taking the p1ss. Did you notice he said a Turkish major team? It was a truly hilarious response to this pretending he meant me, not the Turkish league.  I don’t play it because I’m not a geek and have a life. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No, I was taking the p1ss. Did you notice he said a Turkish major team? It was a truly hilarious response to this pretending he meant me, not the Turkish league.  I don’t play it because I’m not a geek and have a life. 

Triggered.

30 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

As if every Saints fan would be saying “fair play defo red” if one of ours was sent off for that. There’d be people complaining and moaning it wasn’t a red. Let’s not try and pretend otherwise. 

Although I think your politics suck Duckie, I usually agree with your footballing comments. Your Tory mindset is showing here though. If a Saints player had done that I wouldn’t be complaining about the red. PerhPs if he hadn’t have kicked him from behind already and wasn’t nibbling away for several yards he might have got away with a yellow but he wasn’t going to let KWP get away from him and dangerous play is dangerous play.

• Confused 1