The Kindergarten Thread

Batman

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

Ah two pig shit thicks for the price of one. FYI he didn't claim overweight people were more likely to die of covid - thats so fucking well known even you two have grasped it. He said "75% of over 50s are over weight....it stands to reason that nearly everyone in covid wards are over weight".  That's what you call a false or spurious correlation, just like owning a mondeo. 

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

image.thumb.png.9bafb9616a0fa56f50634f831b6ca10c.png

That's the spirit timmy.

Where's that glorious 'doubling down' screen shot when you need it?

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Processed food has a lot to answer for. I think it all went downhill when they started adding salt to the crisp packets instead of you having to open the little blue packet yourself. Then they introduced all those exotic flavours.

Edit: No cars either. Public transport or walk unless you were rich enough for a bike.

Eat less and move around more. That's all it takes. I can be somewhat smug because I have lost 11 Kg in the last 20 months. Still another 7 or 8 to go :)

Careful, you'll have timmy citing 'spurious correlations' at you in a minute :mcinnes:

And as if by magic, another 1.7m people are being added to the shielding list.  Among those added include people classed by weight (body mass index).

Bloody scientists must be listening to those spurious correlations :mcinnes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51997151

A combination of factors can contribute to a person's risk - those taken into consideration include:

• age (older being higher risk)
  • ethnicity
  • deprivation (according to postcode)
  • weight (body mass index)
  • underlying health issues
  • prescribed medications

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

No there is a very clear correlation between exercising more, eating less and losing weight. If you were less pig shit thick you'd know that. 

In the same way that there is a very clear correlation between older people being fat and occupying covid wards.

If you were less pig shit thich you'd know that.

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

In the same way that there is a very clear correlation between older people being fat and occupying covid wards.

If you were less pig shit thich you'd know that.

But that's not what you said is it? Not only are you thick but you're a coward, not man enough to own up when you've said something dumb.  That's why you're the forum clown  

8 minutes ago, buctootim said:

But that's not what you said is it? Not only are you thick but you're a coward, not man enough to own up when you've said something dumb.  That's why you're the forum clown  

Lol.

So angry timmy!

My claim was pretty clear.  I'll break it down for you as you seem to have forgotten what it was :

Older people are the ones predominantly in covid wards.

75% of people over 50 are overweight / obese.

74% of people over 75 are overweight / obese.

Statistically, it stands to reason that 74% of people over 75 that are in hospital suffering from covid related illnesses are also overweight.  This would appear to be true given the anecdotal evidence of Whelk's mate who has a senior position at Soton General.

I'm more than 'brave' enough to stand by that claim.  It's pretty simple statistics timmy.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

Older people are the ones predominantly in covid wards.

75% of people over 50 are overweight / obese.

74% of people over 75 are overweight / obese.

Statistically, it stands to reason that 74% of people over 75 that are in hospital suffering from covid related illnesses are also overweight.

Nope. Still wrong piggy. Massive logic gap. See if you can work it out. Here's a little hint for you. Replace covid with say anorexia, or Crohns disease. Does it still work? Nope. Do you know what I'm talking about? Nope.     

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Nope. Still wrong piggy. Massive logic gap. See if you can work it out. Here's a little hint for you. Replace covid with say anorexia, or Crohns disease. Does it still work? Nope. Do you know what I'm talking about? Nope.     

Not a fucking clue!

Why would we replace covid with anorexia or any other disease.  The whole 'coversation' started because of what Whelk's mate had said about COVID wards.

Once again, you're doubling down with some other bollocks that is completely irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not a fucking clue!

Why would we replace covid with anorexia or any other disease.  The whole 'coversation' started because of what Whelk's mate had said about COVID wards.

Once again, you're doubling down with some other bollocks that is completely irrelevant.

🐽

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trousers said:

I know me posting this will attract the wrath of me ol' mucker Fitzhugh Fella, but has anyone worked out AlexLaw76's previous forum name yet? 

groundhog day wtf GIF

I’m not sure who he is as he has a very unique posting style which bears no resemblance whatsoever to anyone who has posted on here before. However looking at the times Hes most active on here leads me to believe he might work in the catering industry, perhaps as a chef?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m not sure who he is as he has a very unique posting style which bears no resemblance whatsoever to anyone who has posted on here before. However looking at the times Hes most active on here leads me to believe he might work in the catering industry, perhaps as a chef?

It's a variable style, but often very carefully worded and punctuated. Familiar ish at times. 

• Haha 1

TBH there're a whole bunch of 'new' personas recently who have a vague whiff of familiarity about them. If this is indeed our old friend Brett, he's managed to avoid sonar detection for a few weeks longer than after his previous reincarnation.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Maybe I should start predicting a top 10 finish again... That's bound to flush out the ire of certain characters... :)

Edited by trousers

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

TBH there're a whole bunch of 'new' personas recently who have a vague whiff of familiarity about them. If this is indeed our old friend Brett, he's managed to avoid sonar detection for a few weeks longer than after his previous reincarnation.

I don’t see any resemblance between any new posters or any previous ones, any similarities must be purely coincidental. There are thousands of saints fans out there so the chances of more than one person posting on this forum holding similar views to someone who posted on here in the past are pretty high. Similarly to occupations the chances of two saints fans being chefs are posting here are pretty high. 

I am so 'whoosh' when it comes to remembering forum history and old posters, even though I've been here years. Must be age.

Anything beyond monkeychickenpettingzoo, The V-Man, GlasgowKenyaSaint and Alpine, and I'm lost.

11 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Going back over this thread and seeing names like Dave Jones, Ian Branfoot mentioned made me think: you now what, I really miss the Dell days.

a little known fact is that in the 89th year of our Dell Days the first Batman film was released in cinemas.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

1898 to 1943 = 45 years

1898 to 1990 (Tim Burton film) = 92 years

Turkish says 89 years! 😉

This topic is going over your head, as usual. It wasn’t to get into a debate about the chronological order of the Batman films, so fuck off. 🙄

Edited by Turkish

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Our own players are even trolling the club/fanbase. The lack of fans at games has given players a comfort blanket and dilutes the significance of our bad run. If St Marys was packed yesterday those players would be getting absolute pelters for that performance and rightly so. Then they would maybe recognise the s*** we're in and avoid joking with opposition players/liking their social media posts

They wouldn’t get pelters. There would be silence interspersed with groans a few ironic cheers with boos at the end. Our fans base is as soft as shit as the players are. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

They wouldn’t get pelters. There would be silence interspersed with groans a few ironic cheers with boos at the end. Our fans base is as soft as shit as the players are. 

Ralf apparently has a play book for players so you should write one on how to be a fan, starting by telling us all to be tough guys 💪 and scream obscenities at them just like you definitely do 👍

1 hour ago, Chapel End said:

Ralf apparently has a play book for players so you should write one on how to be a fan, starting by telling us all to be tough guys 💪 and scream obscenities at them just like you definitely do 👍

Nice try, I simply pointed out what would have happened, which is exactly how it would have been. Although if you want me to create a fans play book happy to oblige, unfortunately about 80% of our fans wouldn’t make the cut though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chapel End said:

Says the Chapel Stand hanky waver....

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Yes, I agree asking you a question on this forum is pointless, as you consistently don't answer them! Had you answered it we could have continued talking. 

I choose when we talk, you dance to my tune. I’m your pied piper. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...