The Kindergarten Thread

Batman

15 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

So I take a look at this thread to see if there are any rumours about whom could replace Ralph to read endless drivel about MLG - sums up this place really, my 1st post in years and now my last sad situation this is supposed to be a forum to talk about Saints not other posters

Good example... ;)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

So I take a look at this thread to see if there are any rumours about whom could replace Ralph to read endless drivel about MLG - sums up this place really, my 1st post in years and now my last sad situation this is supposed to be a forum to talk about Saints not other posters

How about this: there aren't any rumours about who is going to replace Ralph Hasenhuttl.

I'm worried you have an unreasonable expectation of what a football forum is able to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

Your first post in years is to talk about another poster. If there were any rumours, rest assured we wouldn't be talking about MLG. Or perhaps you are another of his logins. Can you confirm the amount of confused emojis you have used in the last 6 months please.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

47 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Your first post in years is to talk about another poster. If there were any rumours, rest assured we wouldn't be talking about MLG. Or perhaps you are another of his logins. Can you confirm the amount of confused emojis you have used in the last 6 months please.

No chance. Even in an attempt to disguise himself there is no way MLG could bring himself to post using such poor punctuation.

1 hour ago, ChrisR said:

This forum consists of endless drivel coupled with the "clever" mob who wait for certain posters to post and jump in to belittle and bully them to try to get them to leave, when they succeed, I guess they fell a sense of power  👏

• Like 6

20 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

This forum consists of endless drivel coupled with the "clever" mob who wait for certain posters to post and jump in to belittle and bully them to try to get them to leave, when they succeed, I guess they fell a sense of power  👏

At least try to not make it obvious you’re a returning poster, MLG/TWar 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Behave. MLG, and his various alt logins, are loving the attention. The reactions as MLG but posts from another are plain weird though. One person, one login. You have gotta be a bit special to have more than that, and can't complain when alt logins get pointed it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

An account set up on the 14th August, two days before MLG stopped posting and has been posting furiously slagging off other posters recently. I'm sure it's just yet another coincidence and this login is nothing to do with MLG  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Turkish said:

An account set up on the 14th August, two days before MLG stopped posting and has been posting furiously slagging off other posters recently. I'm sure it's just yet another coincidence and this login is nothing to do with MLG  :lol:

Only 50 posts since then ?

He does that many in a day 😁

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Or post one statistically inaccurate 'fact' about Saints..

He posted an inaccurate fact himself using Bad Wolf when he claimed we have never played Newcastle on a saturday at 3pm, luckily i was able to correct him so he didn't have to correct himself 😎

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Can people just STFU now about armbands and rainbow hats FFS. Some random Scottish football going on now on GMB. “It’s unbelievable” etc etc, no it isn’t it’s the laws of the country. 

And yet you are the one who continues to post constantly about it? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

I know I shouldn’t but for some reason I’m getting an inordinate amount of pleasure on the impact this is all having on you, Turkish and Alex. Apologies for the schadenfreude. 

No need to apologise. Unlike some people on here the three of us find meaningless token gestures rather pointless, especially when they are withdrawn at the first sign of opposition. Too bad the more gullible amongst us suck it and believe it’s some sort of amazing stand to educate the world with our superior way of life

1 hour ago, The Left Back said:

I know I shouldn’t but for some reason I’m getting an inordinate amount of pleasure on the impact this is all having on you, Turkish and Alex. Apologies for the schadenfreude. 

Given what a racist Tory hell hole the UK is, with its imperial past, that currently locks up migrants in their own filth, and has a very recent history in destroying Middle Eastern countries.  I am amazed we have the nerve to expect other nations to adopt more of our way of life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Given what a racist Tory hell hole the UK is, with its imperial past, that currently locks up migrants in their own filth, and has a very recent history in destroying Middle Eastern countries.  I am amazed we have the nerve to expect other nations to adopt more of our way of life.

Indeed we’ve had numerous new threads reminding us what a terrible country this is, yet we have the nerve to call residents of other counties savages and believe that it’s our job to educate them. 

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No need to apologise. Unlike some people on here the three of us find meaningless token gestures rather pointless, especially when they are withdrawn at the first sign of opposition. Too bad the more gullible amongst us suck it and believe it’s some sort of amazing stand to educate the world with our superior way of life

I just don't know who you think you are arguing with? If you look at most people who are pro the queer community and/or on the left. We never thought that wearing an armband or a logo on a shirt was enough. In fact it was incredibly disappointing that no player, team or even sponsor made any real or meaningful stand. That's without taking in the corruption, bribery and wage theft and working conditions for migrant workers. It would have only taken a one or two team big names/teams to make a stand to set the dominoes rolling I reckon. This is not a country where LGBT is just frowned upon, in which case it would be so hypocritical for the west to come in pontificating. But a country where you are literally physically beaten which is against fundamental human rights. 

Even though we thought that that an armband was pathetic, we can still be disappointed that the feeble attempt was abandoned at the first sign of repercussions. I would rather them have done absolutely nothing than to make such a weak attempt at it. Instead all it did was expose the self interest of those involved and if anything, works against LGBT inclusivity which is why I would prefer nothing. 

But you will also find that the person you seem to be arguing is only a tiny slither of people. The amount of people that thought wearing an armband was great and sufficient will pretty much mostly belong to corporate suits, like the sponsors and some media outlets. You are more likely to be arguing against an accountant who lives in Twickenham who votes Lib Dems than you are anyone else. 

So again who do you think you are arguing against or proving a point? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

I just don't know who you think you are arguing with? If you look at most people who are pro the queer community and/or on the left. We never thought that wearing an armband or a logo on a shirt was enough. In fact it was incredibly disappointing that no player, team or even sponsor made any real or meaningful stand. That's without taking in the corruption, bribery and wage theft and working conditions for migrant workers. It would have only taken a one or two team big names/teams to make a stand to set the dominoes rolling I reckon. This is not a country where LGBT is just frowned upon, in which case it would be so hypocritical for the west to come in pontificating. But a country where you are literally physically beaten which is against fundamental human rights. 

Even though we thought that that an armband was pathetic, we can still be disappointed that the feeble attempt was abandoned at the first sign of repercussions. I would rather them have done absolutely nothing than to make such a weak attempt at it. Instead all it did was expose the self interest of those involved and if anything, works against LGBT inclusivity which is why I would prefer nothing. 

But you will also find that the person you seem to be arguing is only a tiny slither of people. The amount of people that thought wearing an armband was great and sufficient will pretty much mostly belong to corporate suits, like the sponsors and some media outlets. You are more likely to be arguing against an accountant who lives in Twickenham who votes Lib Dems than you are anyone else. 

So again who do you think you are arguing against or proving a point? 

It’s you who seems to be arguing with me pal. I completely agree with much of what you said. Perhaps I should ask you what exactly you are arguing with me about?

7 minutes ago, sydney_saint said:

Then why do you keep bringing it up?

Because as I said in my post this morning it’s never ending, will they wear an arm band, will they take the knee, will they wear a shirt with love in it, they’ve all bailed out, except for Denmark I believe, once they knew it was going to have a negative impact on the team so it’s all a pointless exercise in virtual signalling. They’re not standing up for or against anything. And we seem to be left with the cop out “well at least we’re having conversions” brilliant! Discussing it on BBC to the UK audience by people in Qatar being paid to be there. It’s ridiculous. 

Edited by Turkish

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Indeed we’ve had numerous new threads reminding us what a terrible country this is, yet we have the nerve to call residents of other counties savages and believe that it’s our job to educate them. 

Iranian sports reporter to Gareth Southgate:

“We also could’ve asked, just as English reporters did to Queiroz, why are you the head coach of a country that killed many thousands of innocent people in Afghanistan and Iraq?"

Edited by AlexLaw76

16 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

“We also could’ve asked, just as English reporters did to Queiroz, why are you the head coach of a country that killed many thousands of innocent people in Afghanistan and Iraq?"

Did he reply "its our responsbility to educate the savages"?

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He might find that an easier question to answer than if it had been posed to someone who made a living from manning a nuclear submarine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I've not been following closel, but has the strongest human rights message turned out to be from the Iranian players not singing their anthem?

I saw that England's knee taking looked to be rushed, as the ref was going ahead with the match whether they were on their knees or not.

For me the fact that there have been conversations happening between the pundits on BBC have sent some incredibly strong messages to the viewing audience here.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

For me the fact that there have been conversations happening between the pundits on BBC have sent some incredibly strong messages to the viewing audience here.

Good point. I did notice Alex Scott be more prepared than her colleagues to face these issues. So points for that. Some might be disappointed that she said not going would have been the easy option, then deflecting the point without giving any reasons why that might be the case. But these are some of the pitfalls facing our brave broadcasters as they face down infringements on human rights.

19 hours ago, aintforever said:

They are highlighting the issues in Qatar because the World Cup is in Qatar you bell-end.

Carry on pissing you pants over a bit of virtual signalling if you want but most sensible people understand the situation they are in.

Why is it that anyone who makes you look silly you call a bellend who pisses in their pants?

He may look silly but you look obsessed. I came to the lounge for a leisurely browse of the wit and wisdom of our forum’s finest and what do I find? Surprise surprise it’s you on your own. Surprise surprise it’s the LGBT thread. Surprise surprise you’re trying to pick a fight with a post that’s 19 hours old.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

That’s hilarious coming from someone who posts about me an awful lot 

That's a very Trumpian response.  Guess I need to add paranoid to obsessed.

Define 'an awful lot'.  I've posted 370 times in 15 months, so about 25 per month.  I got into one spat with you about a year ago on racism, which took up a few posts.  And I've pointed out your trolling, hypocrisy and obsession about half a dozen times.  Does that constitute an 'awful lot' in your book?  In which case some thickening of the skin might be in order.

PS.  While you are in definition mode, define 'hilarious'.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

Define 'an awful lot'.  I've posted 370 times in 15 months, so about 25 per month.  I got into one spat with you about a year ago on racism, which took up a few posts.  And I've pointed out your trolling, hypocrisy and obsession about half a dozen times.  Does that constitute an 'awful lot' in your book?  In which case some thickening of the skin might be in order.

5 of your last 24 posts have been about me of in response to me. That’s almost 21%. That’s certainly a high figure.

57 minutes ago, Turkish said:

5 of your last 24 posts have been about me of in response to me. That’s almost 21%. That’s certainly a high figure.

4 out of 5 posts by you on this page have been sniping at a poster rather than adding to the discussion.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Left Back said:

The thing with narcissists is that all attention is good attention and he laps up both the good and the bad. He is loving this because, as usual, it is all about him. You will never win no matter what you post as every response feeds his need for attention. It doesn’t matter what the subject of the thread is, eventually it will become about him. For your own peace of mind you should let him find another target. Once you get him as a stalker he is like herpes, impossible to get rid of 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2