Everton v Saints Match thread

Edmonton Saint

So you're suggestion is to flip flop again, with no plan, to another different manager?

What did people expect today? We have Hoedt in the side alongside Stephens and Cedric at right back, we're not going to keep a clean sheet.

I’d have not flip flopped with no plan. I’d have gone for someone better in the summer. I’d have picked someone to deliver the style I want as an owner/chairman. Wagner perhaps? We have more resources than most teams. Even if we struggled the first year I really feel a manager could build a better style.

Who honestly thinks Hughes is a long term appointment?

I’d have stuck to a plan that I had, a clear style of play and a determination to develop young players. If I didn’t work so be it. It’s better to fail with a plan than become a Stoke, Villa, West Brom etc with no plan and constant misery.

It’s my opinion. I don’t expect people to agree and that’s fine.

Hoedt reminds me of lundekvam in his early days. He’ll come good, with Thor as partner. Ings is the best forward we’ve had in a while, a real handful.

Can’t judge anything on Everton away, it’s always horrendous up there.

What the actual fkkk.

I would have preferred Gabbiadini. Who knows. Perhaps today is Long’s day to score.

Clear we're under instructions to hit the ball early and stretch Everton down the channels - Long is more likely to give you that willing runner than Gabbi.

Be fair - he did take us from 17th to 17th. It was a statue-worthy achievement that surely no mere human could've pulled off.

Those 2 wins in 8 games were fully deserving of a 3 year contract. Probably longer. A lifetime appointment, perhaps. He single handedly SAVED us from finishing in any other position than the one we were already in.

(I'd have thanked him for his bare-minimum service and brought in a proper manager in the summer, but the majority view here seems to be that Mark Hughes is pretty much as good as it gets for a club of our standing and ambition. So, I guess we should strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride/death spiral.)

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Ha de Ha, it was 2 wins and draws that saved us. With a squad that was down and need lifting. I thought you were brighter than that but you can join Unbelievable in his gang.