Everton v Saints Match thread

Edmonton Saint

Pretty depressing stuff. Never was a fan of hughes. Only thing we are winning at is being right thugs.

We used to try to press and play football, now its sit back and lump it long.

Sad thing is that it probably is the best time to play everton as they are so weak at centre back.

Ings shot when he should have crossed to austin, lacked composure to give Pickford a chance to make a fab recovery save and then tried to play austin in when he should have shot. On the positive side at least he looks a handful.

Hughes IS the issue.

Why aren't people getting this? Amazed at how people will try to make excuses for him. Last year it was Pellegrino. This year it's the players.

It's not Hughes - it's the lack of quality. The two CBs are awful, Ward-Prowse can't run with the ball or make runs into space, Austin has no mobility - we virtually have only two attacking players on the pitch, hence the direct hoofing.

Vestergaard is going to be an essential part of this team, because he's the only one who can defend. Get him and Yoshida or Bednarek forming a partnership.

Need Armstrong on for JWP who has been poor, take Austin off too for a midfielder.

you know he has created the only chance's for us so far right? and that are only problems are defensively in which as a right sided mid on a flat 442 would not be his job?

It's not Hughes - it's the lack of quality. The two CBs are awful, Ward-Prowse can't run with the ball or make runs into space, Austin has no mobility - we virtually have only two attacking players on the pitch, hence the direct hoofing.

He picked that side

How can it be lack of quality after we spent a shedload again this summer? It's lack of motivation that's the problem.

We have a very average squad, simple as that, but are extremely poor at centre back - everyone could see we needed more than 1 signing there.

4 players booked. We can't get close to them so we resort to giving away fouls. I remember when we used to outplay teams due to our fitness. Now we seem to have regressed.

I can accept that their players are more skillful than ours but we should be as fit (or fitter) than them. There’s no excuse really, it’s so patently obvious and a very easy thing for the coaching staff to do. Austin’s fitness is an absolute embarrassment. No pro should be huffing and puffing like that.

Erm who picked the team...I think Hughes has to take some credit.

Stephens is by no means a brilliant CB but he’s nowhere near as sh1t as Hoedt.
Agreed hoedt seems a real liability & has shown nothing to say he can improve since he's been here

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

For some reason? For some reason everyone is very pro Hughes, irrespective of his recent record. We're losing 2-0. I don't rate him. What else do you want me to post about?
Nothing like giving the bloke a chance. Whether you like it or not, we are still a PL team due to his nous. It was a miracle plus luck we are where we are and so he deserves his chance. Late November and we are still rubbish then you will have a gang ,but after one and a half games!!!!

I can accept that their players are more skillful than ours but we should be as fit (or fitter) than them. There’s no excuse really, it’s so patently obvious and a very easy thing for the coaching staff to do. Austin’s fitness is an absolute embarrassment. No pro should be huffing and puffing like that.
Austin is not up to the PL, he wasn't last season either as he is concerned bout his hamstring going again IMO

Austin’s fitness is an absolute embarrassment. No pro should be huffing and puffing like that.

Didn't Allardyce (who was in charge at WH when they were allegedly interested in signing Austin) recently say that the difference between Ings and Austin is that Austin's injuries are so chronic that he's not even able to train as intensively as the rest of the team? Would certainly explain why he never seems to reach the same level of endurance as everyone else.

Hoedt reminds me of lundekvam in his early days. He’ll come good, with Thor as partner. Ings is the best forward we’ve had in a while, a real handful.

Can’t judge anything on Everton away, it’s always horrendous up there.

Nothing like giving the bloke a chance. Whether you like it or not, we are still a PL team due to his nous. It was a miracle plus luck we are where we are and so he deserves his chance. Late November and we are still rubbish then you will have a gang ,but after one and a half games!!!!

You sound like Ralph and Les last season.

For some reason? For some reason everyone is very pro Hughes, irrespective of his recent record. We're losing 2-0. I don't rate him. What else do you want me to post about?
Be fair - he did take us from 17th to 17th. It was a statue-worthy achievement that surely no mere human could've pulled off.

Those 2 wins in 8 games were fully deserving of a 3 year contract. Probably longer. A lifetime appointment, perhaps. He single handedly SAVED us from finishing in any other position than the one we were already in.

(I'd have thanked him for his bare-minimum service and brought in a proper manager in the summer, but the majority view here seems to be that Mark Hughes is pretty much as good as it gets for a club of our standing and ambition. So, I guess we should strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride/death spiral.)

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Hoedt reminds me of lundekvam in his early days. He’ll come good, with Thor as partner. Ings is the best forward we’ve had in a while, a real handful.

Can’t judge anything on Everton away, it’s always horrendous up there.

That's really harsh on Lundekvam who at least looked capable. Hoedt is a poorer and much more expensive version of Jackobson for me. and Jackobson was poor.

We're two games in and people calling for Hughes head.. the performance is actually better than the first half VS Burnley. He went 4-4-2 like many fans wanted, the issue which is clear - lack of pace especially in wide positions and add that to two rather incapable defenders, it means we're in trouble on set pieces. Marco Silva has Everton playing bright football and they're pressing well.

I don't see any need to panic just yet, this is one of those games where we were always likely to lose, but some positive signs in attack just a lack of leadership on the field and sloppyness. Personally don't feel we should have Charlie Austin the side, he's a passenger in games like this - we need to add some steel in the midfield or add Armstrong in there to link with Ings.

Hughes is not solely to blame, he's working with a very average squad + a management team (as we saw at the fans forum) that lacks charisma and talent.

We have a mix of failed and struggling players, failed managers and failed club management + our hockey coach running things.

Recipe for disaster

Be fair - he did take us from 17th to 17th. It was a statue-worthy achievement that surely no mere human could've pulled off.

Those 2 wins in 8 games were fully deserving of a 3 year contract. Probably longer. A lifetime appointment, perhaps. He single handedly SAVED us from finishing in any other position than the one we were already in.

(I'd have thanked him for his bare-minimum service and brought in a proper manager in the summer, but the majority view here seems to be that Mark Hughes is pretty much as good as it gets for a club of our standing and ambition. So, I guess we should strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride/death spiral.)

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

:lol::lol::lol:

Get rid of Hughes. It’s not entirely his fault but due to Les and Krueger’s ineptitude you need an outstanding manager.

We’ll go down and we’ll deserve it.

I’m so jealous that Bournemouth have a decent manager. I’d love Howe here. He could build a decent team as we have better resources than Bournemouth. They are such a happy team it seems.

We’ve no plan and flip flop with different managers who don’t have similar playing styles. It’s a joke.

Get rid of Hughes. It’s not entirely his fault but due to Les and Krueger’s ineptitude you need an outstanding manager.

We’ll go down and we’ll deserve it.

I’m so jealous that Bournemouth have a decent manager. I’d love Howe here. He could build a decent team as we have better resources than Bournemouth. They are such a happy team it seems.

We’ve no plan and flip flop with different managers who don’t have similar playing styles. It’s a joke.

So you're suggestion is to flip flop again, with no plan, to another different manager?

What did people expect today? We have Hoedt in the side alongside Stephens and Cedric at right back, we're not going to keep a clean sheet.