Saints v City Thread

Pilchards

Did well for 40 mins, penalty perhaps, I mean the other way I'm sure city would have got it. Then two soft goals and all over.

People love him because he's not Forster but I'm tired of seeing McCarthy concede goals like that. Makes some saves, always busy fair enough rubbish defence in front, but Ederson saves both those goals. Aguero's header was weak. Both would take good saves, but that's what good keepers do. Too often teams are getting goals that wouldn't happen against better keepers and we can't afford to give them away.

Don't forget he made two excellent instinctive saves or it would be five at half time

Hilarious that anyone thinks that's a penalty. Not a chance.

Depends where u r watching I guess, NBC saying it is a clear pen, Sky sports saying it is 50 / 50 if a ref gives it, Sky sports biased to top 6, NBC honest don't care, think ill go with NBC who say clear pen.

outside of the penalty, the ref is giving us nothing

austin is being climbed all over and gets nothing...

Do you believe that the PL officials are being directly instructed on which teams to favour, and how to swing matches to give the PL a pre-ordained outcome ?

Do you believe that the PL officials are being directly instructed on which teams to favour, and how to swing matches to give the PL a pre-ordained outcome ?

No but it’s natural for them to favour the big team so that any mistakes are nullified. No one cares if Saints lose to a dodgy decision but it’s wold news if you’re the ref that ****ed up City’s title push. It’s human nature, called compliance.

Just because some stupid soft penalty decisions have been given doesn't mean this one should be. Jwp went down way too easily.

He is running full out turning in while being pushed the opposite way in which you are trying to turn, you would go down with a small nudge let alone a forceful push in the back.

If that would’ve been Aguero in our box, it would’ve been 100 percent a penalty. Even if it’s a foul or not. Btw pushing someone in the back and not trying to even win the ball, is a foul no matter what side it is for or where it is on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was one but as others have said if it was the other way around it's a 100% penalty to City.

Hopefully all that will stop when VAR comes in though.

Probably won't, the VAR official has to find clear and decisive evidence of an incorrect decision. It'll be another human opinion.

I didn't think it was one but as others have said if it was the other way around it's a 100% penalty to City.

I agree...just when Salah wins 2-3 very soft penalties over a few days..just shows how weak the officials are

If that would’ve been Aguero in our box, it would’ve been 100 percent a penalty. Even if it’s a foul or not. Btw pushing someone in the back and not trying to even win the ball, is a foul no matter what side it is for or where it is on the pitch.

Cant believe this, but I agree with you for once...……….. no attempt was made to win the ball, he pushed him in the back, even if JWP stayed on his feet, its a pen

It was no penalty, no matter which decisions Liverpool got. I don't want such a pen for us and of course not against us. JWP through and goes down instead of scoring. Well...

JWP, Stephens and Targett horrendous, Ramsay seems to do better than Valery.

McCarthy kept us in the game early on as we could easily have been down by three, but could have done better with the last two...

Except it won't as VAR will only overule blatant errors. In cases like that even if a review happens the ref may very well still retain the same levels of implicit bias as it will still come down to his judgement as to whether there was enough contact. JWP would probably get a yellow card if VAR had been present.

Whether or not it was a penalty, the problem was that the officials then gave a goal kick whi h should have been a corner, and that lead to City scoring. Happen to think it was a pen, but offi ials are very poor and it's costing us. Lemina has been awful. What does Moi do, absolute waste of space. Target was terrible first 10 minutes but got better.

Except it won't as VAR will only overule blatant errors. In cases like that even if a review happens the ref may very well still retain the same levels of implicit bias as it will still come down to his judgement as to whether there was enough contact. JWP would probably get a yellow card if VAR had been present.

You cant push some one from behind, any challenge from behind is considered a foul unless you win the ball, so when you cant even reach the ball. Its a free kick / pen, not matter how soft..

It was no penalty, no matter which decisions Liverpool got. I don't want such a pen for us and of course not against us. JWP through and goes down instead of scoring. Well...

JWP, Stephens and Targett horrendous, Ramsay seems to do better than Valery.

McCarthy kept us in the game early on as we could easily have been down by three, but could have done better with the last two...

Jwp couldn’t go through because the player who was the wrong side of him pushed him over and didn’t even attempt to win the ball, that’s why it’s a foul and a penalty. It’s really no rocket science.

It’s not like they were shoulder to shoulder and the other guy was stronger. He was out of position and ****ed it up. No way on gods earth a player can do what JWP did and stay on his feet. Ridiculous. It’s a foul, that happens on edge of box, free kick to us.

Also why didn’t the ref book JWP for diving if it’s not a penalty? Is he saying it’s a dive or a foul? Utter ******** either way.

England players (at the WC) knew VAR could work in their favour and ensured chaos in the opponents box at each set-piece/corner, threw themselves all over the place and pressured the ref to use VAR....Guess it worked and the likes of Liverpool etc will do the same

Whether or not it was a penalty, the problem was that the officials then gave a goal kick whi h should have been a corner, and that lead to City scoring. Happen to think it was a pen, but offi ials are very poor and it's costing us. Lemina has been awful. What does Moi do, absolute waste of space. Target was terrible first 10 minutes but got better.

Agreed. Useless and lost the ball very often. Please release him, if cannot sell.