The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

He's backed down on his Starmer comments now the big old fanny

Here's what he actually said in the HOC:

[He] "spent most of his time prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Savile"

So obviously he was explicitly talking about Starmer's personal involvement (or lack of).

But he's a habitual serial liar and he lives his own truth. I don't think he ever thinks he's lying.

It will get him in the end (it has got him in the end already in several jobs). 

But mission accomplished for giving credence to a lovely big smear. It'll be back come election time.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

But he's a habitual serial liar and he lives his own truth. I don't think he ever thinks he's lying.

His continued half 'I don't really mean it' apologies / explanations are what seems to be doing him in. According to various media stories a lot of Tory MPs who were prepared to forgive and forget if he promised to do things differently in future are now thinking - 'he cant change, we have to dump him'  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Boris Johnson's policy chief Munira Mirza resigns over PM's Savile remarks

Good on her.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60250036

5 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Here's what he actually said in the HOC:

[He] "spent most of his time prosecuting journalists and failing to prosecute Jimmy Savile"

So obviously he was explicitly talking about Starmer's personal involvement (or lack of).

But mission accomplished for giving credence to a lovely big smear. It'll be back come election time.

He is 100% a liar, I don’t think he knows what the truth is. A career built on them https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html

He had the hump with Starmer because DPP prosecuted his fellow hacks for illegal accessing a murdered girl’s phone and interfering with police investigations including illegal payments for information from them. Yeah, I’d say that was a priority for prosecution where the DPP was concerned. Not really a surprise he has another Dick in his pocket to cover up more corruption. David Cameron even appointed a criminal as his Director of Communications who did jail time. Then there’s plenty more to come out on the £34bn PPE contracts as well. 

If the Conservative Party since 2010 was a party in a developing country, we’d dismiss them as corrupt and backward. Apparently OK to elect four times in one of the worlds oldest democracies. 

Sunak not impressed and even Raab C Nesbitt distancing himself from Boris’s latest brain fart about Starmer.

• Like 4

While Mirza has been with Johnson since 2008, it's suggested that she and her husband are very close to Sunak...

She has a serious kick at Boris in her letter, three resignations follow like dominoes, the ship looks badly damaged....is this Sunak finally breaking cover and launching his attack?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

While Mirza has been with Johnson since 2008, it's suggested that she and her husband are very close to Sunak...

She has a serious kick at Boris in her letter, three resignations follow like dominoes, the ship looks badly damaged....is this Sunak finally breaking cover and launching his attack?

Rats leaving a sinking shit.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Dont you think Boris was going to get rid of them anyway as sacrificial lambs?

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Exactly. They've all scarpered before before the despicable prick can throw them under the bus to save his own sorry arse.

I wonder if the tea lady is getting worried. She might be the only one left.

• Like 1

Can somebody find an example of BoJo saying something truthful ?

"

Boris Johnson has made a claim about the number of people in work that the regulator had told No10 was incorrect.

There were "more people in work now than before the pandemic began", he said at Prime Minister's Questions on Wednesday.

But on Tuesday, Ed Humpherson, from the Office for Statistics Regulation, had sent one of the prime minister's advisers at Downing Street a letter saying it was "incorrect to state that there were more people in work at the end of this period than the start".

Responding to a complaint from the fact-checking organisation Full Fact, Mr Humpherson had told No 10 this claim had been made by the prime minister in Parliament on 24 November, 15 December, 5 January, 12 January and 19 January."

"Labour MP Justin Madders raised a point of order in the House of Commons, pointing out the letter saying the claim was incorrect.

"The public have a right to expect what is said by the prime minister at the dispatch box to be truthful and accurate," he said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60245483

( I think Justin Madders MP is deluded in what he expects, he has been in the HoC since 2015 and has had plenty of experience of the Eton Mess ).

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Laughable those stooge MPs tweeting good to see taking action. Beyond parody but also shows the contempt they have us thinking manipulation is so easy. These cunts are getting very bad advice.

But the majority of them are safe in their expectation of re-election.

Another one gone.  Tbh I think they'll be able to claim this is a clear out to get rid of the toxic culture (that's been around for decades etc.) in Downing Street.  I think this will be enough nonsense that Boris will hold on, I don't get the impression enough Tories actually want him gone.  

Guess the big question is whether this whole thing is a terminal blow to Johnson/the Tories or whether the fickle public will just forget one the extra bank holiday rolls around.

4 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I note they are really struggling to find any senior MPs to come on the air and continue to defend the indefensible.

They'll be wheeling out Comical Ali next

EyRrNTIU8AAdQYD.jpg.182afc968bd30f7d28f101006ed7971e.jpg

Greg Hands saying on R4 that he doesn’t have an opinion on Starmer smear. Honestly these fuckers don’t deserve airtime but also useful just in case you assume there were some with integrity

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I note they are really struggling to find any senior MPs to come on the air and continue to defend the indefensible.

They'll be wheeling out Comical Ali next

EyRrNTIU8AAdQYD.jpg.182afc968bd30f7d28f101006ed7971e.jpg

If somebody could photoshop Raab's face onto that.........

I think it can only help that Boris sends his loyal MPs scuttling out to do the "he's clearing out the trash, good riddance to bad rubbish, this is leadership getting shot of this lot" routine.

Because slagging off the people that know exactly what was said and done in relation to parties (and everything else) is clearly a strategy that definitely cannot backfire further down the line.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Imagine dedicating your life to public service, going to Westminster with big ideas and then waking up one day to discover that you've traded your soul to defend the persistent mad lies for a guy who would sack you tomorrow.

Any MP who doesn't slap down the Savile lie and continues to make excuses for the corruption and the parties has lost their spine and their moral compass.

I note the new MP chose her words very carefully when asked and said a conservative PM is the best way forward, she didn't say the PM.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Another one gone.  Tbh I think they'll be able to claim this is a clear out to get rid of the toxic culture (that's been around for decades etc.) in Downing Street.  

I thought the toxic culture was cleaned up 15 months ago when Cummings and his crew left. 

We had a fresh start then. Under Johnson it seems that a fresh start is an annual event.

• Like 4

The energy crisis in huge bill rises is about to hit taxpayers yet in France, supposedly less efficient and more anti-choice than the Anglo-US economic model, the annual rises will be 4% for consumers compared to an average of 51% for UK consumers.

Perhaps more of the public will wake up that free market economics minus proper regulation are a sham to benefit a few shareholders and CEOs when many of them have to choose eating or heating. Governments have far more buying power or via UK consumer regions on volatile markets.

Energy supplies and transport are like political ideologies and sport. Keep them apart. They are national infrastructure and the bigger the buying power the better costs will be. If a service is better delivered private, do it that way. If it’s better as a public service, keep it in house.

We’ve already seen market failure with the smaller, newer providers. LNER for example on the railways only makes a surplus as a public owned asset. 

• Like 4

If Munira Mirza has been with Boris for 14 years then she must hold the record for the longest period of time in contact with him and not bearing him a child. 

The whole Starmer/Savile thing was pure Trumpian deflection designed to divert attention away from accusations that he's a liar.  Unfortunately that only really works if you have friendly press like FOX news who will lap that stuff up.  As far as I can see all media outlets have slapped him down so he's ended up in a situation where in order to deflect from people calling him a liar, he has highlighted an issue that he can be accused of repeating lies on.  Great work. 

24 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

The energy crisis in huge bill rises is about to hit taxpayers yet in France, supposedly less efficient and more anti-choice than the Anglo-US economic model, the annual rises will be 4% for consumers compared to an average of 51% for UK consumers.

Perhaps more of the public will wake up that free market economics minus proper regulation are a sham to benefit a few shareholders and CEOs when many of them have to choose eating or heating. Governments have far more buying power or via UK consumer regions on volatile markets.

Energy supplies and transport are like political ideologies and sport. Keep them apart. They are national infrastructure and the bigger the buying power the better costs will be. If a service is better delivered private, do it that way. If it’s better as a public service, keep it in house.

We’ve already seen market failure with the smaller, newer providers. LNER for example on the railways only makes a surplus as a public owned asset. 

EDF, one of our biggest energy suppliers is state-owned. 

By the French, so the profits it makes from our energy bills goes to the French taxpayer. 

• Like 3

Delicious watching Tories rip themselves apart.

I was bored so read through this thread from the beginning.

someone should adapt it into a screenplay.

The whole sorry saga being played out. The fascinating thing is the gradual diminishing of the Bozo defenders. Slipping away into the night. There is nobody left to defend him.

I hope he stays as the Tories will be out for a generation at the next election.

Noone can ever claim the Tories as the party of Law and Order, morality or Financial probity any longer.

• Like 3

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/civil-war-in-cabinet-as-boris-johnson-told-to-sack-rishi-sunak-hgdfjtdjj

"The cabinet descended into rancour over Boris Johnson’s future last night after both Sajid Javid and Rishi Sunak rebuked the prime minister.

One cabinet minister called for Johnson to dismiss Sunak, and two others accused the chancellor of being “on manoeuvres” after he criticised the prime minister for a personal attack on Sir Keir Starmer."........…

"Javid, the Health Secretary, followed Sunak by saying that the Labour leader "deserves the respect for taking on such a big public job and doing well".

7 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Mad Nad says that Johnson tells the truth.

She also believes in Father Christmas and the tooth fairy.

Absolute quality stuff from Dorries during her interview:

Backing Mr Johnson, she added: "My perspective on this is that when you lead an organisation, such as the prime minister leads the government, you have to take responsibility for decisions and actions taken by that organisation.

"Keir Starmer took responsibility by apologising in 2013 for what happened in the CPS during the Jimmy Savile investigation.

"If you lead an organisation, the buck stops with you, you are responsible for the actions of that organisation."

When the public inquiry into the government's handling of the pandemic gets underway and some of its decisions are found to have been terrible do you think Nadine will still think the same or that Boris will accept responsibility?

• Like 2

Interesting article in the Sunday Times today by Max Hastings, a renown historian, who used to work with Boris at the Telegraph.
He reckons that working with Boris was interesting and he respected his ability as a journalist.
However as a Prime Minister he will probably go down as one of the worst in history on par with David Lloyd George.
Apart from Gove, who he reckons has a decent brain, the rest of the Cabinet (apart perhaps from Rishi Sunak) are complete toadies with little political acumen.
Boris does not have the gravitas and attention to detail to lead this country and is looked upon as a person of ridicule across the world.

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.